BALKAN???

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

drumars
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

BALKAN???

Post by drumars » Fri May 11, 2012 1:45 pm

In the territory of the Balkans, the Kingdom of Yugoslavia, conducted the war from 1941 to 1945.In DLC 41 only one scenario is played out in the territory of the Kingdom Yugoslavija,specifically in the Serbia then Greece.As I see it announced DLC Africa Corps I remind you that the Balkan front was essential to supply the African front.Will there be any developments in the Balkans in the future DLC s? :)

Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Re: BALKAN???

Post by Razz1 » Sat May 12, 2012 7:11 pm

Yugoslavia was mainly a partisan war. That scale does not fit in PC.
In the big picture it did not pose a problem supplying Africa.

drumars
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by drumars » Sat May 12, 2012 7:29 pm

I do not agree with you but,OK! :? Are you familiar with the plan to the Balkan allies landing on which Churchill insisted?I think that is a secondary front, a large number of German, Italian, etc.. forces :) was concentrated in this area.In the beginning it was a guerrilla war but grew into something much more complicated.You can be a little information about this topic if you want :)

El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro » Sat May 12, 2012 11:18 pm

It's true Churchill saw the Balkans as very important but more from a political point of view. He wanted to invade Yugoslavia rather than mount Dragoon/Anvil in late 44 but it was more to give leverage against the Russians after the war than its military importance. Certainly the Germans' invasion to help out the Italians and take a thorn out of its side ahead of Barbarossa affected the timing and penetration of that offensive, too.

drumars
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by drumars » Sun May 13, 2012 7:30 am

I agree with you.I wonder what would happen with the USSR that the Germans did not keep in the Balkans still fairly significant number of divisions?Germany delayed the attack on the USSR to destroy the resistance of the Kingdom of Yugoslavia and thus lost a lot of time.

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Sun May 13, 2012 12:54 pm

The Balkans have been always important in the context of European history.
This thought is always present in the mind of any European statesman and in any military commander's mind.

Uhu
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Uhu » Sun May 13, 2012 7:57 pm

You can play 3 scenarios on the Balkans (+1 on Crete) with the Italian Campaign 2.0: Albania, Greece1, Greece2, Greece2_German (optional) http://slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=32748

(...yes, that's an advertisement! :D )

drumars wrote:In the territory of the Balkans, the Kingdom of Yugoslavia, conducted the war from 1941 to 1945.In DLC 41 only one scenario is played out in the territory of the Kingdom Yugoslavija,specifically in the Serbia then Greece.As I see it announced DLC Africa Corps I remind you that the Balkan front was essential to supply the African front.Will there be any developments in the Balkans in the future DLC s? :)

robman
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by robman » Sun May 13, 2012 8:47 pm

I would love a what-if scenario of Churchill's proposal to invade the Balkans in late 1943 or early 1944. I suspect that it would be extraordinarily difficult. Perhaps it might be part of a future expansion...?

drumars
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by drumars » Mon May 14, 2012 8:03 am

[quote="Uhu"]You can play 3 scenarios on the Balkans (+1 on Crete) with the Italian Campaign 2.0: Albania, Greece1, Greece2, Greece2_German (optional)

(...yes, that's an advertisement! :D )

Albania, Greece OK! I'm talking about Kingdom Jugoslaviji.Ona is consisted of the NDH, Independent State of Croatia, who had a pact with Germany.Croatian units, Ustashe, fought on the side of Germany at Stalingrad and so on.I do not want to be misunderstood, do not deal with politics, to the historical facts.The Yugoslav government signed the 1941 pact with Germany,so-called TROJNI PAKT.Occurred in a military coup, the government was overthrown and then was followed by four-years bloody war.In Serbia there are military units that helped Germans.So complicated!!! :( Yet they prevailed anti-fascist forces! :lol: So I think that question of the Balkans more complex.

OmegaMan1
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by OmegaMan1 » Tue May 15, 2012 6:01 am

I would love a what-if scenario of Churchill's proposal to invade the Balkans in late 1943 or early 1944.
I would like to see that scenario as well -- as you said, it would be a pretty stiff challenge to "break out" into mountainous Yugoslavia! :shock:

drumars
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by drumars » Tue May 15, 2012 7:08 am

I agree! :D Some historians argue that the Partisans had agreed that if the invasion along with Germans defending the Adriatic coast of the Allies :shock: Partisans,led by the Communist Party of Yugoslavia , is more appropriate that the Russians first came to the Balkans. :lol:
I think it would be heavily!!!

dimitriszzz
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by dimitriszzz » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:22 pm

I played with a friend the Balkan Campaign. It starts from the greco italian war and goes to Yugoslavia, Greece, Aegean, Crete and then to the Eastern Front. But it is multiplayer and I think no single player is possible. I greatly enjoy it especially because of the many new units for the smaller nations and the entirely new maps.

Return to “Panzer Corps”