Panzer Corps v1.10 Changelog

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

soldier
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Posts: 522
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:31 am

Re: Panzer Corps v1.10 Changelog

Post by soldier » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:47 am

Just out of curiosity, what would you prefer to see in the new patch? Maybe we could use your suggestions in the next one.
- I appreciate the fixes to heroes but I'd like to be able to see what they offer during gameplay without 3 mouse clicks. The dots don't really tell me anything useful, and its a difficult to keep track of where all your heroes are in battle and thus use them effectively.
_ The unit losses is also very cool but the scenario casualty screen is still overlooked. Someway to track how your armies been going as a whole is needed. Its own battle history would be cool. Civilisation 3 and HOI did this sort of thing very well
- The ability to deploy to land or air.
- The ability to discard trucks anywhere for mountaineers
- A more detailed strategic map. Towns and airfields look the same, unless scrolled over. Minor rivers barely disinguishable.
- More character limit please, both in unit name and in MP descriptions, (even bigger fonts)
- fixes to Frozen marsh, still acts as swamp
- Latest Churchill cannot enter bocage
- More detailed care to unit oobs and statistics, which is sloppy in Panzer Corps (sorry to be critical but it is). Why does the Comet have the same armour, armament and speed as a KIng Tiger ? Its a completely different sort of tank. Soviet 100mm AT is priced incorrectly, US mobile 155mm artillery has 10 rounds etc etc. Please check in detail as there are many errors. (i think seriously about releasing my own file).
- More features for MP. Deployment, co-op, campaigns and even rankings are just a few.
- Ability to mod game features and units more directly. I appreciate much has been done for those who make more campaigns. Supply, weather, experience (please fix low iniative experience effects or let me try :D) , entrenchments, suppression, ambush and rugged defense.

No offence is intended and I don't mean to be critical as Panzer Corps is actually my favourite game and I'm very glad it is being worked on at all.

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games
Posts: 2928
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Panzer Corps v1.10 Changelog

Post by Rudankort » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:00 am

Thx soldier!
soldier wrote: - I appreciate the fixes to heroes but I'd like to be able to see what they offer during gameplay without 3 mouse clicks. The dots don't really tell me anything useful, and its a difficult to keep track of where all your heroes are in battle and thus use them effectively.
Any specific ideas how to integrate this information into existing UI?
soldier wrote: - The unit losses is also very cool but the scenario casualty screen is still overlooked. Someway to track how your armies been going as a whole is needed. Its own battle history would be cool. Civilisation 3 and HOI did this sort of thing very well
What exactly do Civ 3 and HOI do very well, which we could adopt in PzC?
soldier wrote: - More character limit please, both in unit name and in MP descriptions, (even bigger fonts)
Not sure I understand the "bigger fonts" part.
soldier wrote: - More detailed care to unit oobs and statistics, which is sloppy in Panzer Corps (sorry to be critical but it is). Why does the Comet have the same armour, armament and speed as a KIng Tiger ? Its a completely different sort of tank. Soviet 100mm AT is priced incorrectly, US mobile 155mm artillery has 10 rounds etc etc. Please check in detail as there are many errors. (i think seriously about releasing my own file).
Well, this is a very "broad" suggestion. Unit stats is always a work in progress. Thus, we are going to adjust a lot while working on allied campaigns. We are far from done with this. But please release your own eqp file too. The more good eqp files we have, the better. :)
soldier wrote: - Ability to mod game features and units more directly. I appreciate much has been done for those who make more campaigns. Supply, weather, experience (please fix low iniative experience effects or let me try :D) , entrenchments, suppression, ambush and rugged defense.
Any specific ideas how to allow modding these? Numerical parameters are easy enough, but how are you going to mod algorithms? How is it supposed to work?

fsx
Warhammer Moderator
Warhammer Moderator
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: Panzer Corps v1.10 Changelog

Post by fsx » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:28 am

How to say "can (not) use transports" like mercedes truck to a new movement-type ?

fliegenderstaub
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:20 pm

Troubles with 1.10

Post by fliegenderstaub » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:29 am

I really enjoy the improvements of patch 1.10, but unfortunately I have encountered some problems.

Firstly in NONE of my old savegames I am able to buy any new units included, because they don't show up. This applies to the original campaign savegames as well as the DLC saves. Upgrading any units is impossible for the same reason.

Secondly after starting a scenario of the original campaign the names of rivers and towns are totally mixed up. This does NOT apply to old saves loaded. DLCs are working fine.

I use the german settings and the german unofficial language patch from DMP for the DLCs.

Are there any solutions already known? Thanks in advance! :)
...and like the once-mighty Mahi-Mahi, you will end
up on a poo-poo platter in the Tikki Hut of life! -Al Bundy -

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games
Posts: 2928
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Panzer Corps v1.10 Changelog

Post by Rudankort » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:51 am

fsx wrote:How to say "can (not) use transports" like mercedes truck to a new movement-type ?
I posted some documentation here:
viewtopic.php?f=147&t=36352

It should give you an idea how to configure transports. Note that transports are configured for individual units, not per their class/movement type.

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games
Posts: 2928
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Troubles with 1.10

Post by Rudankort » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:54 am

fliegenderstaub wrote: Firstly in NONE of my old savegames I am able to buy any new units included, because they don't show up. This applies to the original campaign savegames as well as the DLC saves. Upgrading any units is impossible for the same reason.
You should get new units when you progress to the next scenario in your campaign.
fliegenderstaub wrote: Secondly after starting a scenario of the original campaign the names of rivers and towns are totally mixed up. This does NOT apply to old saves loaded. DLCs are working fine.
I use the german settings and the german unofficial language patch from DMP for the DLCs.
Are there any solutions already known? Thanks in advance! :)
Yes, alas there is an issue with german localization of the vanilla PzC campaign. We will fix it in the next update.

fliegenderstaub
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:20 pm

Re: Panzer Corps v1.10 Changelog

Post by fliegenderstaub » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:07 am

Thanks for the quick reply! :D
...and like the once-mighty Mahi-Mahi, you will end
up on a poo-poo platter in the Tikki Hut of life! -Al Bundy -

jaggy
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 349
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:12 pm

Re: Panzer Corps v1.10 Changelog

Post by jaggy » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:08 am

soldier wrote: - I appreciate the fixes to heroes but I'd like to be able to see what they offer during gameplay without 3 mouse clicks. The dots don't really tell me anything useful, and its a difficult to keep track of where all your heroes are in battle and thus use them effectively.
Rudankort wrote: Any specific ideas how to integrate this information into existing UI?
I agree with soldier on this and noticed that there is space on the Panzer Corp UI to squeeze in some Hero details. Just a quick mock-up, Hero details in blue so that it stands out from the rest of the info:

Image

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games
Posts: 2928
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Panzer Corps v1.10 Changelog

Post by Rudankort » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:28 am

jaggy wrote:I agree with soldier on this and noticed that there is space on the Panzer Corp UI to squeeze in some Hero details. Just a quick mock-up, Hero details in blue so that it stands out from the rest of the info:
This space exists on big monitors, but not on smaller monitors we support (e. g. 768 pixels high).

soldier
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Posts: 522
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:31 am

Re: Panzer Corps v1.10 Changelog

Post by soldier » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:02 am

Jaggy definitely beat me too to it. I was going to suggest something that shows up on that unit panel when you scroll over a unit (similar to the three heads in deploy) but I don't possess Jaggy's artistic skills. The only reason i suggest is because at the moment you must right click on unit, then click battle history and then hit close for information that is very important when you plan your attack. Doing that for a lot of units in turn is currently quite cumbersome. As I said the deploy additions are excellent
What exactly do Civ 3 and HOI do very well, which we could adopt in PzC?
Well maybe nothing so specific as the games are quite different but at the end of those games you are given plenty of graphs and info showing shipping tonnes sunk or your civilisation's timeline. What I'm suggesting is some kind of recap of your battle or progress in Panzer Corps. A casualty screen showing scenario cas would be good place to start. Other ideas are too show the strategic map that displays where your and your enemies units were at each turn in the battle. With towns highlighted on the map when taken or lost and killed units displayed as crosses. Typically this sought of thing would work better for MP games where the changing battlefield situation is more dynamic. I think it would be really cool in the absence of a replay.
Not sure I understand the "bigger fonts" part.
Larger writing on the screen above the unit panel where terrain or town names are shown when scrolling... its tiny. I even find the unit panel writing a bit small sometimes. Perhaps I'm getting old
Unit stats is always a work in progress
thats good to hear but i felt it was largely ignored in the patch. Its an area I'm interested in
Any specific ideas how to allow modding these? Numerical parameters are easy enough, but how are you going to mod algorithms? How is it supposed to work?
This is somewhat difficult for me to explain as I'm not a coder and know little about such things so i can't provide specifics. Perhaps tougher entrenchments and rugged defense chance could be an option or something in the harder difficulties.
I'm hoping Africa will at least feature terrain where supply is difficult like PG did. I like very much the idea of reduced supply when far away from supply centres as an option but a'm aware this maybe be difficult to code. Many good war games feature something like this and i think adding to the supply system could work for Panzer Corps without complicating things too much. just an idea
I don't know how to code experience effects into the combat calcs. Deductor worked on it in gamerulz but i think it also influences some early tanks too much. Either way theres a big difference between a 5 star panther and a five star troop in the game as it currently stands

I appreciate you taking the time to respond as I'm sure your very busy. If you wante'd some ideas or specifics i hope this is sufficient. Good luck with Africa

zappel
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Posts: 535
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:44 pm

Re: Panzer Corps v1.10 Changelog

Post by zappel » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:34 am

ScottP wrote:[*]Library was extended with articles about the most prominent WW2 fighters and bombers.
FYI: These entries are not available if german language is selected. But if english language is selected in the section of fighters and bombers a symbol is shown which is prohibit by law in the Federal Republic of Germany: the swastika. So far this and other Nazi-symbols (think of the SE(!)-units) were avoided (e.g. the flag shows a cross instead of the swastika).

jaggy
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 349
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:12 pm

Re: Panzer Corps v1.10 Changelog

Post by jaggy » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:55 am

Rudankort wrote:
jaggy wrote:I agree with soldier on this and noticed that there is space on the Panzer Corp UI to squeeze in some Hero details. Just a quick mock-up, Hero details in blue so that it stands out from the rest of the info:
This space exists on big monitors, but not on smaller monitors we support (e. g. 768 pixels high).
Where I'm from, we have only widescreen LCD monitors. :mrgreen: Perhaps you can make this Hero feature available for those with widescreen monitors? For those without widescreen, it will give them a reason to upgrade. :mrgreen:

As soldier has pointed out, it takes a number of clicks to display the heroes screen currently. If the info is integrated into the UI, the gamer can see the hero info at a glance without having to click anything. During combat and with a large number of units (I'm in DLC '43 at the moment), this will facilitate gameplay. At the moment, like others, I'm using a work-around, ie. typing hero traits individually into the unit name eg. "SS H'staufen Mv+2 Ak+3" but you have to do this every single time one of your units gain a hero. You are forced to abbreviate the unit name also to accommodate the hero traits. Its an inelegant solution at the moment.
soldier wrote:Larger writing on the screen above the unit panel where terrain or town names are shown when scrolling... its tiny. I even find the unit panel writing a bit small sometimes. Perhaps I'm getting old
I am old, *cough" veteran, I mean. :mrgreen: Larger font size would be nice.

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine
Posts: 7979
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Panzer Corps v1.10 Changelog

Post by VPaulus » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:34 am

jaggy wrote:Where I'm from, we have only widescreen LCD monitors. :mrgreen: Perhaps you can make this Hero feature available for those with widescreen monitors? For those without widescreen, it will give them a reason to upgrade. :mrgreen:
You can't upgrade screen in netbooks nor notebooks. :wink:

lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio
Posts: 2417
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Panzer Corps v1.10 Changelog

Post by lordzimoa » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:48 am

FYI: These entries are not available if german language is selected. But if english language is selected in the section of fighters and bombers a symbol is shown which is prohibit by law in the Federal Republic of Germany: the swastika. So far this and other Nazi-symbols (think of the SE(!)-units) were avoided (e.g. the flag shows a cross instead of the swastika).
The release only contains the English version, final German, French and Russian localizations follow in the coming weeks.

We are well aware of the strict laws in Germany and have always edited out all Nazi or SS symbols, avoided using historical heroes, basically striped out all historical accuracy for the German side, we really took out everything... we did`t like it, but we followed all the rules. I have pages of law text here on my desk, what we can or can`t show...

Still German authorities have given us the 18+ age rating last year, a real farce, their motivation: our logo contains an eagle, yes, the German Imperial eagle that is the symbol for German states for hundred of years and is absolutely not unique for the Nazi period, on top it is currently still used in the official German flag!

In my personnel opinion, this was utter, utter rubbish, games where people can shoot off heads and brains explode have lower age ratings, we protested, but in the end just let them stuff it. It was pure political sabotage and censorship in my eyes.

There is one exception BTW you are allowed to use or show a swastika, namely when it is pure as an educational tool. Well to me the Library is just that.

Anyway for the German localization we will probably photoshop out the swastika`s on the historical educational Luftwaffe profile views.

But after last year German age rating behaviour, to be honest I couldn`t care less... they are not objective at all!

soldier
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Posts: 522
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:31 am

Re: Panzer Corps v1.10 Changelog

Post by soldier » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:21 pm

games where people can shoot off heads and brains explode
can we have that in the next patch :mrgreen:

jaggy
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 349
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:12 pm

Re: Panzer Corps v1.10 Changelog

Post by jaggy » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:26 pm

VPaulus wrote:
jaggy wrote:Where I'm from, we have only widescreen LCD monitors. :mrgreen: Perhaps you can make this Hero feature available for those with widescreen monitors? For those without widescreen, it will give them a reason to upgrade. :mrgreen:
You can't upgrade screen in netbooks nor notebooks. :wink:
True. :lol: But I was thinking that it could be made an option to enable for those with widescreen. :mrgreen:
lordzimoa wrote:We are well aware of the strict laws in Germany and have always edited out all Nazi or SS symbols, avoided using historical heroes, basically striped out all historical accuracy for the German side, we really took out everything... we did`t like it, but we followed all the rules. Still German authorities have given us the 18+ age rating last year, a real farce, their motivation: our logo contains an eagle, yes, the German Imperial eagle that is the symbol for German states for hundred of years and is absolutely not unique for the Nazi period, on top it is currently still used in the official German flag!
"Sturmovik", the WW2 flight simulation by Oleg Maddox faced the same problem. They had to disable the swastika on the aircraft but it was ironic that the Russian version of the game had the swastikas and the Russians themselves didn't have a problem with it! :shock: Fortunately, there was a utility that could enable the swastika.
lordzimoa wrote:There is one exception BTW you are allowed to use or show a swastika, namely when it is pure as an educational tool.
Can military books on WW2 be considered educational? :? And all of Osprey Military Publishing books with swastikas emblazoned on the aircraft colour plates? :mrgreen:

jaggy
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 349
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:12 pm

Re: Panzer Corps v1.10 Changelog

Post by jaggy » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:32 pm

soldier wrote:
games where people can shoot off heads and brains explode
can we have that in the next patch :mrgreen:
Ditto! :mrgreen:

boredatwork
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:39 pm

Re: Panzer Corps v1.10 Changelog

Post by boredatwork » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:31 pm

Rudankort wrote:
jaggy wrote:I agree with soldier on this and noticed that there is space on the Panzer Corp UI to squeeze in some Hero details. Just a quick mock-up, Hero details in blue so that it stands out from the rest of the info:
This space exists on big monitors, but not on smaller monitors we support (e. g. 768 pixels high).
When a unit is selected but the mouse isn't over another unit you could use the right side of the status window to show hero details:

Image


Also as a very minor issue I'll add my voice to the request to make reforming units a toggleable option. I've started replaying the GC again and I love the new feature but having to remember to activate it every scenario is a minor irritation.

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games
Posts: 2928
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Panzer Corps v1.10 Changelog

Post by Rudankort » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:56 pm

boredatwork wrote: When a unit is selected but the mouse isn't over another unit you could use the right side of the status window to show hero details:

Image


Also as a very minor issue I'll add my voice to the request to make reforming units a toggleable option. I've started replaying the GC again and I love the new feature but having to remember to activate it every scenario is a minor irritation.
It's a nice suggestion, but what happens if a hero gives more than one bonus? In 1.10 it is possible to define such heroes in the editor.

zappel
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Posts: 535
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:44 pm

Re: Panzer Corps v1.10 Changelog

Post by zappel » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:51 pm

lordzimoa wrote:
FYI: These entries are not available if german language is selected. But if english language is selected in the section of fighters and bombers a symbol is shown which is prohibit by law in the Federal Republic of Germany: the swastika. So far this and other Nazi-symbols (think of the SE(!)-units) were avoided (e.g. the flag shows a cross instead of the swastika).
The release only contains the English version, final German, French and Russian localizations follow in the coming weeks.

We are well aware of the strict laws in Germany and have always edited out all Nazi or SS symbols, avoided using historical heroes, basically striped out all historical accuracy for the German side, we really took out everything... we did`t like it, but we followed all the rules. I have pages of law text here on my desk, what we can or can`t show...

Still German authorities have given us the 18+ age rating last year, a real farce, their motivation: our logo contains an eagle, yes, the German Imperial eagle that is the symbol for German states for hundred of years and is absolutely not unique for the Nazi period, on top it is currently still used in the official German flag!

In my personnel opinion, this was utter, utter rubbish, games where people can shoot off heads and brains explode have lower age ratings, we protested, but in the end just let them stuff it. It was pure political sabotage and censorship in my eyes.

There is one exception BTW you are allowed to use or show a swastika, namely when it is pure as an educational tool. Well to me the Library is just that.

Anyway for the German localization we will probably photoshop out the swastika`s on the historical educational Luftwaffe profile views.

But after last year German age rating behaviour, to be honest I couldn`t care less... they are not objective at all!
Well, I was only wondering while so far nazi insignia were not used to show and for this reason perhaps it was not intented to show one of them in the new version. Look at the new startscreen: some other symbol on the rudder of the planes, no swastika.
Just a hint, nothing more.

Post Reply

Return to “Panzer Corps”