Afrika Korps Countdown -3: Interview with Dev Alex Shargin!

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Afrika Korps Countdown -3: Interview with Dev Alex Shargin!

Post by admin »

Interview with Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps Developer Alex Shargin Released!
Discover the new features and improvements put into the latest game in Panzer Corps series

We are excited to release the interview with Alex Shargin, one of the core developers of the upcoming turn-based strategy game Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps, the latest stand-alone expansion for the award-winning and critically-acclaimed Panzer Corps.

In the interview, taken during the Home of Wargamers press event in Stresa, Italy, Alex goes into detail of the new features in Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps. He also goes into detail about the future of the Panzer Corps series, such as the upcoming Mac version and the much-anticipated iPad version. Wargamers can also be glad to know that they’ll have to keep their eyes open for more expansions with new scenarios on the horizon!

To view the interview, click here for the Slitherine YouTube channel. Be sure to subscribe to us to get the latest trailers, interviews, and more!

For more information on Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps, visit the official product page on the Slitherine or Matrix Games sites.

About Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps

Welcome to the desert!

The year is 1941 and you will lead the German Afrika Korps, and it`s Axis allies, into Libya and Tunisia during the North African Campaign of World War II.

The reputation of the "Deutsches Afrikakorps" or "DAK" was synonymous with that of its first commander Erwin Rommel. Now it is up to you to overwhelm the Allied forces in North Africa, secure the Suez Canal and take hold of the oil-rich lands of the Arabian Peninsula; maybe even invade the underbelly of the British Empire and threaten its crown jewel: India.

Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps is an expansion for existing Panzer Corps owners and a full stand-alone for new players. With more than 20 new units, 24 new scenarios, new dynamic and varied scenarios and weather types, players will have their wits and tactics tested in this turn-based strategy game of the award-winning Panzer Corps series!
MrsWargamer
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Re: Afrika Korps Countdown -3: Interview with Dev Alex Sharg

Post by MrsWargamer »

I wanted to listen to that interview, but really guys, did no one actually do a sound test?

His accent combined with the hollow sound of the location, I can barely comprehend him. Sadly, I checked out another interview, and it seems like several interviews taken at the Stressa event (think I spelled that close to correct), ended up sounding the same for sound quality. That's a major gaffe guys.

I once listened to a video interview for Gary Grigsby's World at War A World Divided, and bought the game solely on the strength of the interview. But the interview was substantially better for listening purposes.

You need to make a much greater effort to exploit the worth of using YouTube to sell your products.

It's not like I am in danger of not getting Afrika Corps just because of the poor audio quality of this video, but it likely is failing with anyone that has not jumped in and bought the game thus far.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Afrika Korps Countdown -3: Interview with Dev Alex Sharg

Post by VPaulus »

ComradeP, made a transcription in Matrix forum:
The quality of the sound is...less than stellar.

Somebody asked for a transcript, here's a summary of sorts:

-Desert tilesets were added.
-Old unit icons were changed and now have desert camouflage patterns.
-There are a number of (planned) new gameplay and AI features.
-One of the things the developers learned from the original game (and DLC) is that most people try to get a decisive victory. They've made sure that the DV campaign path is the longest and the most interesting.
-The campaign can be played historically or to try and see if you can change history.
My Personal interpretation: as the scenario list has been posted, this presumably means that you could lose at El Alamein and face the Allied landings in North Africa (like in the original PG), or that you could win the battles in Egypt and move towards India.
-I think he's saying that after the release of Afrika Korps, priority will be on releasing a Mac and other platform version of the game, because it was requested by numerous people.
-Those versions for other operating systems will be developed internally, so they can make sort of synchronize the versions and make sure they're all using the latest update available (instead of having to wait until an other study releases an update) and support the new features that are developed and have all the content upgrades.
-They'll try to make the iPad version in a way so that the product is "as close as possible to PC and Mac versions." There will be changes to the UI due to the smaller screensize and a touchscreen instead of a mouse. All existing features will be available, but with a new UI.
-MP games can be played from any platform. You can play the same MP game from PC, Mac and iPad.
-After that, work will focus on the Second World War from the Allied perspective.
-For that Allied campaign, the set of available units will be greatly expanded, to make sure the player has enough upgrade options over the course of the war. New medals and heroes will be added.
-The new campaign will cover both Africa and the European theaters of operations.

Return to “Panzer Corps”