Possible 1.10 bug - AI progress bar

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

OmegaMan1
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Possible 1.10 bug - AI progress bar

Post by OmegaMan1 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:27 am

I've been playing PzC under the 1.10 build for a few days, and noticed something strange with the red progress bar that runs in the upper right while the AI takes its turn. Whenever the AI fires an artillery piece, the bar seems to go much faster, sometimes almost going to the end of the line; but immediately afterward, when the AI starts moving and/or attacking with non-artillery units, the bar returns to its starting point and moves at a slower speed that correctly matches how far the AI is into its turn. This progress bar "reset" happens no matter when the AI fires an artillery piece; if it does it in the middle of a turn, the bar resets to the beginning, and moves faster, then goes all the way back to the beginning when another non-artillery unit attacks. This glitch happens in all flavors of the game -- I've seen it in the vanilla campaign, the DLCs, and Afrika Korps.

Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

fsx
Warhammer Moderator
Warhammer Moderator

Re: Possible 1.10 bug - AI progress bar

Post by fsx » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:45 am

Yes noticed.
Perhaps the AI now runs twice. Two runs with different functions. As you wrote, the first one could be for using artillery, the second one melee.

OmegaMan1
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Re: Possible 1.10 bug - AI progress bar

Post by OmegaMan1 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:35 pm

Hi fsx,

I thought about the possibility that AI bar could be showing two types of attacks. However, the artillery/melee attacks are scattered among the AI's turn, so the progress bar moves up and down multiple times over the course of the AI's turn. So it seems to defeat the purpose of showing how far the AI is into it's turn. Of course, this is a VERY minor issue, and other than this I have yet to encounter any other issues, so this is hardly a game-breaker! Still, I was curious to see how many others had noticed it, and if it was indeed a bug or a new design element. :)

Return to “Panzer Corps”