What game would you like to see next?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Would you prefer a Western Allies Campaign or a Soviet Campaign?

Western Allies
63%
Soviets
25%
No preference
13%

Total votes: 260

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

What game would you like to see next?

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi guys

currently we are working on a number of things but we have to start our next major content push. We are currently working on
* Patch for PzC/AK
* Demo for AK
* German versions of AK and DLC's 39-42.
* iPad/Mac version of PzC & add ons
* Western branch of the GC

We know there is a lot of demand for a campaign from the Allied side but we want to know which side you are most interested in and where to focus first. The campaign would be like the base game but played from the other side, so a full set of heroes, medals, upgrade options for units, a core force and branching campaign tree. It will be focussed on European theatre, not the Pacific (not to say there may not be something Pacific related later but this will not be it). We've already done a lot of the work for both but now need to decide which one to finish off and release first. If we really focus it may even be possible to get one out before Christmas but as you can see above there are lots of other pressures on the team!

Would you prefer to see a full campaign covering the Western Allies, one covering the Soviets or you don't have any strong preference?

I can't promise we'll go with the voting but knowing what you guys think definitely helps feed the thought process. The more opinions the better!
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by VPaulus »

Western Allies. 8)
huertgenwald
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by huertgenwald »

4) an ahistorical western DLC (like in the vanilla '39 campaign) : England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Iceland, Greenland, Mexico and/or Canada, the US...
robman
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by robman »

Western Allies, and it would be cool to have campaign branches/starting points where "things have gotten even worse": Britain falls, or Britain is pushed out of Africa before Torch. A counterfactual counter-Chamberlain early campaign would also be interesting (invade when Germany invades Czechoslovakia, or when it invades Poland).
jaggy
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by jaggy »

Russia, please. It will be interesting to play the war from a Russian perspective. If there's a possibility and there is demand, maybe expand the Soviet expansion to something like the German DLCs. If you go this route, obviously a lot of defensive scenarios at the start and more offensive scenarios when the Soviets start ramping up their production. The best part is that it will probably be tough for the player due to poor combat ratings for the Russians at the start of the war, so this will definitely be more of a challenge than when playing the Germans.
Bonners
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Bonners »

jaggy wrote:Russia, please. It will be interesting to play the war from a Russian perspective. If there's a possibility and there is demand, maybe expand the Soviet expansion to something like the German DLCs. If you go this route, obviously a lot of defensive scenarios at the start and more offensive scenarios when the Soviets start ramping up their production. The best part is that it will probably be tough for the player due to poor combat ratings for the Russians at the start of the war, so this will definitely be more of a challenge than when playing the Germans.
That would be my preference too. Again I would like something of the flavour of the DLCs rather than the vanilla campaign as I prefer these scenarios that dont in most cases cover the whole front, but give a flavour of the fighting at that period. In '41 it would have to be small scale fire fighting to begin with and the amount of units starting to expand from the winter offensives where it would be possible to cover larger parts of the front and be able to get away historically with more Russian successes.
Igorputski

Post by Igorputski »

Western Allies as Soviets suxors and wouldn't like to see any more of that crap. :mrgreen:
MrsWargamer
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by MrsWargamer »

Going to be difficult here and respond with Japanese.

Yes the Japanese. Think about it, they were at war effectively from 1931 I believe, till 1945. So you have plenty to work with.

They were fighting the Chinese of course, and they fought the Russians (a lot seem to forget that late war stuff), they fought marines and they fought limeys in Burma, they fought Canadians in Hong Kong and they fought people from India, Indonesia, the Dutch you name it. Full out land warfare and the steaming jungles of New Guinea and the desperate island battles.

A great chance to really take this program for a serious walk.

And how often do we get to try and win as Japan?

The Allies.... booooooooring.

The Russians ..... even more done it already.

Come on guys, you WILL get people complaining that they have already invaded Normandy so often they have given names to every rock on Omaha. And how often can you beat the tar out of Russia only to realise they never run out of men. It gets old.

Don't make me list all the games currently on the market already doing the Allies and or the Russians operationally.
balone
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by balone »

Japan? Maybe a mod would be better suited for that.
If there's lots of demand then I'm sure the developers would take
notice. For me western allies/soviet campaigns never get old. For gear heads
nothing beats the ETO.
robman

Post by robman »

A Japanese campaign will also require a more robust engine for naval warfare (see: Pacific General). The current PzC system really isn't geared toward naval battles. My guess is that the devs are taking an evolutionary approach to building out the PzC engine and have some other improvements/innovations scheduled ahead of reworking naval action.
DerTroof
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by DerTroof »

Definitely western allies for me. Getting a bit tired of Mother Russia.

I actually played "Allied General" before PG, IIRC because it was Windows compatible first. Fun game, strangely maligned by a lot of reviewers for some reason. It also had a Soviet campaign, but I think it was pretty short.

As for "Allied Corps" hope it has at least both Brit and Yank paths. Brits could start at Norway, Yanks with Torch.

Any consideration given to a French/Free French path? Some interesting possibilities there.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Eastern Front DLCs. Maybe when PC goes back there, not only include a Russian Path but maybe a new German one with new scenarios? That war was big enough to accommodate a new Wehrmacht campaign!

As for the Pacific, I would love to see it but I hope it is not overly dependent on naval actions, this is not where the strength of the game lies IMO. Wasn't a big fan of Pacific General for that reason, although some of the land-based scenarios were fun.
chief
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by chief »

Western Allies 39-45
JoeDierte
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by JoeDierte »

I already love playing the Soviets in Panzer Corps. Starting out as the Soviets would great. The early French and British campaigns would be just as good. I think the US has been overplayed in so many other games is the only reason why I could wait. Just my opinion.
DerTroof
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by DerTroof »

There's another thread regarding a Korean module. That's an interesting idea, but another one to consider down the road is a post Fall of Berlin alt history west vs. USSR campaign. Pershings vs. JS's, early jets, and completely mechanized infantry... good stuff. (No nukes though.)

PGII had such a what-if scenario, but it was the only one to cover this fictional campaign.
doc99
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by doc99 »

Go West, Young Man!
airbornemongo101
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by airbornemongo101 »

Allies in ETO
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Always remember, Never Forget:

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
KenPortner
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by KenPortner »

When does the iPad version come out?
Schneides42
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Schneides42 »

Western Allies please, but the option to play as either the US or the British. Allied General was my favourite of the original series. But yes then a Pacific campaign would be great. There were enough land campaigns in that theatre (starting with the Japanese invasion of China) that I don't think it would need much reworking. After all in the DLCs the game focuses on select parts of the overall campaign rather than its entirety.

Cheers

Schneides
Xicano

Post by Xicano »

Western Allies would be great but for me, I really, really, really want this on my iPad. Because of my commute I am on that way more than my home computer. Ohhh brother, I can't wait for this on my pad!!!!
Casaubon
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Casaubon »

western camp please, also japan after that, russia afterwards, the eastern front is cwvered well enough a.t.m. so the next DLCs should see different theaters.

Return to “Panzer Corps”