What game would you like to see next?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Would you prefer a Western Allies Campaign or a Soviet Campaign?

Western Allies
63%
Soviets
25%
No preference
13%

Total votes: 260

timek28
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by timek28 »

I just played Sellow hights. Honestly Soviet campaing would be really strange and proabably decline in fun instaead increase towards the end. It would be hard at first, but absolutely easy afterwards, since Soviet numbers are ridiculous.

On the other hand I felt even playing original game that the challange level and number of enemy units always stayed the same. Too bad AI has to relaly on numbers in order to keep up with human player.
FOARP
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by FOARP »

Since the Western allies seem to have won (and I agree with that), please lets have some battles we haven't seen before, and lets make this a genuine Western Allies campaign and not just a US campaign (which is pretty much what usually happens when WWII is dealt with in computer games). It's not like there's not plenty to choose from:

1) The East African campaign (especially the Battle of Keren).

2) Operation Compass - the offensive in the Western Desert against the Italians in Egypt and Libya.

3) Syria, Lebanon, and Iraq.
dimitriszzz
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by dimitriszzz »

USSR all the way from Poland and Finland to Berlin (and beyond?;)
Victor_K
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Victor_K »

I think a British DLC would be good. Start in 1940 Norway, through the fall of France, an optional what if Operation Sea Lion, 41, 42 would be Africa, then Italy and then of course D Day and the journey to Berlin.
FOARP

Post by FOARP »

Victor_K wrote:I think a British DLC would be good. Start in 1940 Norway, through the fall of France, an optional what if Operation Sea Lion, 41, 42 would be Africa, then Italy and then of course D Day and the journey to Berlin.
My understanding is that multi-national core forces are now possible in PzC - a British Empire and Commonwealth core force could be the core for 1940-42, with the Americans being added to this for Torch.

Suggested battle list:

Narvik
Arras (the armoured counter-attack against German forces)
Dunkirk
Operation Compass
Keren
Syria-Lebanon
Operation Battleaxe
Operation Crusader (if Battleaxe not major victory)
Tripoli (Axis forces last stand in Libya, should happen if Battleaxe ultimate victory)
Gazala/Bir Hacheim (delaying action - If Battleaxe/Tripoli not major victories)
First Alamein
Second Alamein
Operation Torch (Americans enter here)
Tunisia
Sicily (fast-forward to here if Tripoli is a major victory)
Anzio landings
Operation Dragoon
Market-Garden
Operation Veritable (If Market-Garden not major victory)
Berlin '44 (Western Allies fight street-to-street in Berlin and then defend against heavy counter-attack from the east, should happen if Market-Garden major victory)
Poland '45 (Allies attack Soviets in Poland, should happen If Market-Garden not major victory)
Anfield
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Anfield »

Whats interesting is will it be a stand alone like Panzer Corps and Afrika or a DLC. Id rather see Western Allies DLC.
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

Anfield wrote:Whats interesting is will it be a stand alone like Panzer Corps and Afrika or a DLC. Id rather see Western Allies DLC.
Why would you prefer to see allied campaign as a DLC? Or by saying DLC you mean "a series of 10 DLCs with 150 scenarios in them"? ;)
doc99
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by doc99 »

Well...........YES!!!!
Anthedon

Post by Anthedon »

Campaigns orgames involving the Soviets and other non-american allies, US battles are overrepresented.
Victor_K
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Victor_K »

Like to see a DLC, maybe two if there are enough scenarios. I would rather concentrate on just a British DLC. Then a series of Soviet ones.
Anfield

Post by Anfield »

Rudankort wrote:
Anfield wrote:Whats interesting is will it be a stand alone like Panzer Corps and Afrika or a DLC. Id rather see Western Allies DLC.
Why would you prefer to see allied campaign as a DLC? Or by saying DLC you mean "a series of 10 DLCs with 150 scenarios in them"? ;)
10 DLCs to buy as the weastern allies, makes my mouth water, 150 odd scenarios total, priceless! Hmm so USA 42,43,44, and 45. Brit 40,41,42,43,44, and 45. Yep thats what id like to see!!! And honestly, thats what ive waiting for since finding this game.

:D
macattack

Post by macattack »

I like the idea of the Western Allies, but I'd like to see the scenarios take into consideration more involvement of British and French units depending on how well you do in the starting scenarios.
KeldorKatarn
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by KeldorKatarn »

Maybe a multinational core can be done again, like for AK. Some british, some American. I know they didn't exactly cooperate under one command on corps level, but still would be cool :)
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

KeldorKatarn wrote:Maybe a multinational core can be done again, like for AK. Some british, some American. I know they didn't exactly cooperate under one command on corps level, but still would be cool :)
Multinational core is our current plan. Unlike AK, where many people avoided Italian units because German units were better or provided better upgrade options, here GB and US units both have cool equipment to choose from, but each has its own tech tree, so choosing a unit of one nation or the other can have some interesting implications in the future.
macattack

Post by macattack »

Rudankort wrote:
KeldorKatarn wrote:Maybe a multinational core can be done again, like for AK. Some british, some American. I know they didn't exactly cooperate under one command on corps level, but still would be cool :)
Multinational core is our current plan. Unlike AK, where many people avoided Italian units because German units were better or provided better upgrade options, here GB and US units both have cool equipment to choose from, but each has its own tech tree, so choosing a unit of one nation or the other can have some interesting implications in the future.
Did the French have any note-worthy units to contribute, and if so, will they be available for choices in the core? Or are the French units equivalent to the Italian units in AK?

:?:
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

macattack wrote: Did the French have any note-worthy units to contribute, and if so, will they be available for choices in the core? Or are the French units equivalent to the Italian units in AK?
At this point I can't tell for certain, but most likely Free French units will appear in late scenarios as auxiliaries.
KeldorKatarn

Post by KeldorKatarn »

The French had cool eqipment but after losing the war they simply didn't produce any new stuff and the free french simply used american equipment just like the exile poles and others. So I doubt they'll have much of a tech tree to offer, but having them as auxiliaries would be nice :) And maybe some french infantry as regulare core? :) Would be cool to have some French infantry to liberate Paris :)

Oh yeah, and I'll have to update my Dossier tool for new nations ^^
macattack

Post by macattack »

KeldorKatarn wrote:The French had cool eqipment but after losing the war they simply didn't produce any new stuff and the free french simply used american equipment just like the exile poles and others. So I doubt they'll have much of a tech tree to offer, but having them as auxiliaries would be nice :) And maybe some french infantry as regulare core? :) Would be cool to have some French infantry to liberate Paris :)

Oh yeah, and I'll have to update my Dossier tool for new nations ^^
Maybe a legionairre battallion?
doc99

Post by doc99 »

Ah yeah--how flat-out cool is that..!!
Anfield

Post by Anfield »

I'll need a Polish Para unit thats for sure, for Market Garden!!!

Return to “Panzer Corps”