What game would you like to see next?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Would you prefer a Western Allies Campaign or a Soviet Campaign?

Western Allies
63%
Soviets
25%
No preference
13%

Total votes: 260

robman
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by robman »

monkspider wrote:I voted for Soviets, but truthfully don't have a huge preference either way. What I would REALLY like to see the most is a German Invasion: Amerika campaign that has the same scale and depth as Afrika Korps that takes place in 1946 or so and lets us play with all the sexy German prototypes (Maus for more than a few scenarios, Panther II, jet bombers, next generation jet fighters, and so on).
+1. Presumably it would involve landings in Iceland, Greenland, and Canada prior to combat in the United States itself, again à la AK.
KeldorKatarn
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by KeldorKatarn »

Frankly before I see something like this (a very unlikely scenario after all) I'd like to see the GCs expanded with winning paths beyond 1942 like the original campaign has, but with the same scale as the historic paths it has right now. This could of course eventually include above mentioned US invasion, but first there would be Sealion, possibly split into landing areas to chose from, and london as a massive urban map or stuff like that, the storming of Moscow, possibly the move beyond Moscow to the Ural.

It would also be nice to somehow be able to connect AK with the GCs at some point, like being able to import some core from 1940 or something to somehow further unify the campaigns and be able to choose more paths with ones core.

Just ideas of course. For now I'm very much looking forward to an Allied campaign in the scale of AK, or possible the GCs, split up into years of the war. I mean certainly for britain it could start very early on. They would initially fight mostly the italians in east africa, then the Germans in France, then north africa before finally returning to the continent. And hey, maybe even theoretical scenarios like A Western allied attack on the soviet union in SUmmer 45. After all from what I know Churchil had already accepted such a "2nd Barbarossa" and the plans for the attack where already made when the nuclear bomb put a stop to any further large scale military conflicts.
robman

Post by robman »

All of that sounds good to me too. Invasion of mainland US is indeed hard to imagine, but it's not so hard to imagine invasions of Iceland, Greenland, and the maritime provinces, if we assume a belligerent British government in exile based in Canada, backed by a not-fully-committed United States.
ckraiderfan1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by ckraiderfan1 »

I would love to see a GC dedicated the'' Post June battles in Normandy Cane sector and St Lo sector'' And a battalion level GC ''Battle of the Bulge'' with special attention to the SS units involved
KeldorKatarn

Post by KeldorKatarn »

I really don't understand this faszination with SS units. They sucked most of the time, sacrificed themselves and rarely getting things done. The Army hated those guys, they were a waste of valuable equipment and politics was the only reason they got the good stuff first, not because they were actually putting it to good use.
ckraiderfan1

Post by ckraiderfan1 »

I do apologize If I've offended you. I have asked for them to be included because they were THERE!!! not because I'm some SS wannabe!!!! all fascists are shit :x They were the bulk of the armor in France. Most of the elite Wehrmacht divisions like Gross Deutschland ''which got resupplied even before the SS units'' were on the eastern front or in Italy!!! they were at every major battle on the western front in 1944 Caen , St Lo Arnhem, Spa, Bastogne and St Vith just to name a few THEY WERE THERE!!!!!! And it would be nice if they were included as another branch of the German war machine in panzer corps whether they sucked or not. the only other major panzer units that were available was the 2nd Pz div, Panzer Lehr '' which is my favorite Pz Div'' 21st Pz and 116th Pz Div of which none of were full strength.I will tell you what was a waist of men and equipment was the Luftwaffe field divisions :lol: And it would be great if they were included in the game as well. for me its about history and the what if. :wink:
MrsWargamer
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by MrsWargamer »

Actually, in as much as usefulness goes, or their worth on the battlefield, it does bear mention that .....

The opening of the British produced World at War series begins with the views of a dead town, a town that died during the war and was never rebuilt, on purpose, so it would never be forgotten what had happened there. If I have my facts straight, the crime was commited by the 2nd SS Das Reich division, a unit made of the the scum of the scum of the earth. The worst of the worst. The unit though, fought like any vicious unit would. They were several years past Poland when the SS were best described as a waist of uniforms.

I'd love a campaign made for Canada, but I won't hold my breath. It would be nice though. The long left flank, it was dirty nasty work, and never seems to get in a lot of games much.

The Hitler Yugend 12 SS, this was no picnic unit to fight. Fanatically motivated, without regard to anything but devotion to their 'duty'. You did not want to be the unit in front of this unit. Interestingly enough, they went into the line in Normandy, and they discovered the Canadians. And we ripped those young brain washed soldiers to shreds. And THAT is why any wargame depicting Canadian troops better have it right, volunteers, not really a long training period, and we could kick the ass of the more brutally dedicated the Third Reich had to offer.

I can't verify this number, but if memory serves me (and I am no longer young), 6 of them walked out of Normandy. And you can bet the Canadians they fought gave no quarter to this opponent, and our troops did things a lot of people don't wish to openly admit.

It is not easy to get the details straight though, as in a lot of cases it has to be on an individual unit basis. I would not consider every SS unit equal so you couldn't be expected to give them identical unit specifics.

I by the way am not inclined to give any sort of credit not deserved. I never use SS imagery as avatars for a reason. I'm glad the Third Reich was stomped out of existence. I have no love for neo nazis, be more than willing to shove any of them out in the middle of the Atlantic where they belong. But when it comes to history, I despise revisionist attitudes, I loathe PC behaviour regardless of the reason. I know why the nazi images are not welcome in wargames. But it does bother me that the people of today will increasingly forget the details. It's often all about the details. The Nazis stole the Swastika and made it a hated symbol. But when I build models, I put the correct marking on them. I am ok to give in to game makers, as otherwise you get no wargame sales at all in Germany. It's already hard enough to sell the products.

The SS were either scum, brainwashed, or brainwashed and scum. But some of them were also dangerous brainwashed scum. Until they encountered MORE dangerous people. There's always someone bigger eh.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

The game won't have SS units only SE units. Those who need more historical accuracy I suggest to visit the mod section and you'll find mods who have dealt with the absence of SS units.
So please no more talk about SS units.
Besides this is off-topic.
Thanks.
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

It was indeed off topic, couldn't help myself.

I want to reiterate my thoughts on Canadians though. Why does it always seem like everyone forgets how easy it would be to do so many things wargames wise with Canadians? I'm glad though we have some good Canadian content in BA here.
KeldorKatarn

Post by KeldorKatarn »

Certainly would be something different for a change. (Not to say the old stuff is bad, but WW2 has been about the classic factions for so long...)
ckraiderfan1

Post by ckraiderfan1 »

Battle of the buldge GC please :roll:
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

I think I'd enjoy western allies and soviets equally, so no preference here.
RobertCL

Post by RobertCL »

I answered the Soviets because my passion is the Eastern front.

However I would really like to see the Korean war because the user-made project about it on the forum was apparently stopped and units are very close to WW2.

The forgotten war is really a suitable name because I think Slitherine will also forget it... :cry:
minius
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by minius »

helo, PC team
what game next?
I think you should move on Pacific. Why? maybe you should leave European theater for moding comunity - there are a huge campaigns in work like nikivdd GTPGs, DMC has also east and africa campaign..

otherwise, I really like your game, its so good that, we, old PG players could uninstall genius PGF. Its so good to hear you sold many copies around the world, what I specially welcomed is that our community is expanding with PC and every new mod. BTW have you ever though you could somehow pay hardworking modders ? you look decent people, you could give them something? some payment to those truly hardworking, to encourage others maybe?
gaburley72
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by gaburley72 »

I want it all, I love this game format.

An allied campaign with both British and American paths, a Russian campaign starting with the "Winter War" and above and beyond all else a Pacific War campaign with both Japanese and American paths.

Hope I'm not asking for too much.
OGWalters
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by OGWalters »

I would really like to see all the single player scenarios available to play on the Multiplayer site. Is that difficult to do ?
WhiteRook
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by WhiteRook »

Western allies please, and like a broken record, Marines in the Pacific! :P
Some one mentioned a campaign from the Japanese side - that would be differant for sure.
lewysworld

Post by lewysworld »

For it to be possible to be able to play from 1939 to 1941 and then like the old Panzer General be able to choose to then play in Africa or Attack Russia, or for your core army from end of 1941 campaign to be imported into Africa Korps...

Do not know if this has already been suggested ..
RobertCL

Post by RobertCL »

For it to be possible to be able to play from 1939 to 1941 and then like the old Panzer General be able to choose to then play in Africa or Attack Russia, or for your core army from end of 1941 campaign to be imported into Africa Korps...
+1
PanzerG
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by PanzerG »

My favorite part of the series thus far is the Panzer Corps GC '42-'43 West.
So I would like to see more of the commando/counter commando scenarios. From all sides (SAS, Division Brandenburg...) and in all theatres :)

Return to “Panzer Corps”