What game would you like to see next?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

Would you prefer a Western Allies Campaign or a Soviet Campaign?

Western Allies
163
63%
Soviets
64
25%
No preference
33
13%
 
Total votes: 260

timek28
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Posts: 459
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:18 am
Location: Novi Sad, Serbia

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by timek28 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:05 pm

I just played Sellow hights. Honestly Soviet campaing would be really strange and proabably decline in fun instaead increase towards the end. It would be hard at first, but absolutely easy afterwards, since Soviet numbers are ridiculous.

On the other hand I felt even playing original game that the challange level and number of enemy units always stayed the same. Too bad AI has to relaly on numbers in order to keep up with human player.

FOARP
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by FOARP » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:14 am

Since the Western allies seem to have won (and I agree with that), please lets have some battles we haven't seen before, and lets make this a genuine Western Allies campaign and not just a US campaign (which is pretty much what usually happens when WWII is dealt with in computer games). It's not like there's not plenty to choose from:

1) The East African campaign (especially the Battle of Keren).
Image

2) Operation Compass - the offensive in the Western Desert against the Italians in Egypt and Libya.
Image

3) Syria, Lebanon, and Iraq.
Image

dimitriszzz
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:07 pm

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by dimitriszzz » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:25 pm

USSR all the way from Poland and Finland to Berlin (and beyond?;)

Victor_K
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:52 pm

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by Victor_K » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:11 am

I think a British DLC would be good. Start in 1940 Norway, through the fall of France, an optional what if Operation Sea Lion, 41, 42 would be Africa, then Italy and then of course D Day and the journey to Berlin.

FOARP
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by FOARP » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:22 pm

Victor_K wrote:I think a British DLC would be good. Start in 1940 Norway, through the fall of France, an optional what if Operation Sea Lion, 41, 42 would be Africa, then Italy and then of course D Day and the journey to Berlin.
My understanding is that multi-national core forces are now possible in PzC - a British Empire and Commonwealth core force could be the core for 1940-42, with the Americans being added to this for Torch.

Suggested battle list:

Narvik
Arras (the armoured counter-attack against German forces)
Dunkirk
Operation Compass
Keren
Syria-Lebanon
Operation Battleaxe
Operation Crusader (if Battleaxe not major victory)
Tripoli (Axis forces last stand in Libya, should happen if Battleaxe ultimate victory)
Gazala/Bir Hacheim (delaying action - If Battleaxe/Tripoli not major victories)
First Alamein
Second Alamein
Operation Torch (Americans enter here)
Tunisia
Sicily (fast-forward to here if Tripoli is a major victory)
Anzio landings
Operation Dragoon
Market-Garden
Operation Veritable (If Market-Garden not major victory)
Berlin '44 (Western Allies fight street-to-street in Berlin and then defend against heavy counter-attack from the east, should happen if Market-Garden major victory)
Poland '45 (Allies attack Soviets in Poland, should happen If Market-Garden not major victory)

Anfield
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 341
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:11 pm
Location: Milwaukee USA

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by Anfield » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:04 am

Whats interesting is will it be a stand alone like Panzer Corps and Afrika or a DLC. Id rather see Western Allies DLC.

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games
Posts: 3560
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:23 pm
Contact:

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by Rudankort » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:48 am

Anfield wrote:Whats interesting is will it be a stand alone like Panzer Corps and Afrika or a DLC. Id rather see Western Allies DLC.
Why would you prefer to see allied campaign as a DLC? Or by saying DLC you mean "a series of 10 DLCs with 150 scenarios in them"? ;)

doc99
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:07 am

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by doc99 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:14 pm

Well...........YES!!!!

Anthedon
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:36 am

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by Anthedon » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:07 pm

Campaigns orgames involving the Soviets and other non-american allies, US battles are overrepresented.

Victor_K
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:52 pm

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by Victor_K » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:32 am

Like to see a DLC, maybe two if there are enough scenarios. I would rather concentrate on just a British DLC. Then a series of Soviet ones.

Anfield
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 341
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:11 pm
Location: Milwaukee USA

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by Anfield » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:39 am

Rudankort wrote:
Anfield wrote:Whats interesting is will it be a stand alone like Panzer Corps and Afrika or a DLC. Id rather see Western Allies DLC.
Why would you prefer to see allied campaign as a DLC? Or by saying DLC you mean "a series of 10 DLCs with 150 scenarios in them"? ;)
10 DLCs to buy as the weastern allies, makes my mouth water, 150 odd scenarios total, priceless! Hmm so USA 42,43,44, and 45. Brit 40,41,42,43,44, and 45. Yep thats what id like to see!!! And honestly, thats what ive waiting for since finding this game.

:D

macattack
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:07 pm

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by macattack » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:16 am

I like the idea of the Western Allies, but I'd like to see the scenarios take into consideration more involvement of British and French units depending on how well you do in the starting scenarios.

KeldorKatarn
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Posts: 1264
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:22 am

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by KeldorKatarn » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 pm

Maybe a multinational core can be done again, like for AK. Some british, some American. I know they didn't exactly cooperate under one command on corps level, but still would be cool :)

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games
Posts: 3560
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:23 pm
Contact:

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by Rudankort » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:40 pm

KeldorKatarn wrote:Maybe a multinational core can be done again, like for AK. Some british, some American. I know they didn't exactly cooperate under one command on corps level, but still would be cool :)
Multinational core is our current plan. Unlike AK, where many people avoided Italian units because German units were better or provided better upgrade options, here GB and US units both have cool equipment to choose from, but each has its own tech tree, so choosing a unit of one nation or the other can have some interesting implications in the future.

macattack
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:07 pm

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by macattack » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:56 pm

Rudankort wrote:
KeldorKatarn wrote:Maybe a multinational core can be done again, like for AK. Some british, some American. I know they didn't exactly cooperate under one command on corps level, but still would be cool :)
Multinational core is our current plan. Unlike AK, where many people avoided Italian units because German units were better or provided better upgrade options, here GB and US units both have cool equipment to choose from, but each has its own tech tree, so choosing a unit of one nation or the other can have some interesting implications in the future.
Did the French have any note-worthy units to contribute, and if so, will they be available for choices in the core? Or are the French units equivalent to the Italian units in AK?

:?:

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games
Posts: 3560
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:23 pm
Contact:

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by Rudankort » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:35 pm

macattack wrote: Did the French have any note-worthy units to contribute, and if so, will they be available for choices in the core? Or are the French units equivalent to the Italian units in AK?
At this point I can't tell for certain, but most likely Free French units will appear in late scenarios as auxiliaries.

KeldorKatarn
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Posts: 1264
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:22 am

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by KeldorKatarn » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:53 pm

The French had cool eqipment but after losing the war they simply didn't produce any new stuff and the free french simply used american equipment just like the exile poles and others. So I doubt they'll have much of a tech tree to offer, but having them as auxiliaries would be nice :) And maybe some french infantry as regulare core? :) Would be cool to have some French infantry to liberate Paris :)

Oh yeah, and I'll have to update my Dossier tool for new nations ^^

macattack
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:07 pm

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by macattack » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:21 am

KeldorKatarn wrote:The French had cool eqipment but after losing the war they simply didn't produce any new stuff and the free french simply used american equipment just like the exile poles and others. So I doubt they'll have much of a tech tree to offer, but having them as auxiliaries would be nice :) And maybe some french infantry as regulare core? :) Would be cool to have some French infantry to liberate Paris :)

Oh yeah, and I'll have to update my Dossier tool for new nations ^^
Maybe a legionairre battallion?

doc99
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:07 am

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by doc99 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:50 am

Ah yeah--how flat-out cool is that..!!

Anfield
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 341
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:11 pm
Location: Milwaukee USA

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by Anfield » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:01 am

I'll need a Polish Para unit thats for sure, for Market Garden!!!

Post Reply

Return to “Panzer Corps”