GC 44 West?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

naughtybalrog
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 213
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:25 pm

GC 44 West?

Post by naughtybalrog » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:22 pm

Why is there not an announcement for the upcoming PzC GC releases in "Coming Soon" or anywhere for that matter?

I see other games with projected release dates into 2013; yet, PzC GC 44 West was hinted to be coming out in Nov 2012 and no listing? Given the stat that PzC Forum Posts are substantially higher than any other Forum game, seems that there is somebody besides me who would like to know... Even a "sticky" Forum post would be better than nothing. Gives the impression that no one is home...
I can appreciate the fact that ya'll may be busy with closed beta testing; however, we, the loyal fan base, are as worthy as the other game loyalists.

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine
Posts: 7978
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: GC 44 West?

Post by VPaulus » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:43 pm

We haven't started yet the close beta testing. It will start soon. :)

KeldorKatarn
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Posts: 1264
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:22 am

Re: GC 44 West?

Post by KeldorKatarn » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:00 pm

Take your time, I haven't even started GC 39 yet... you produce these things faster than I can play them :( ;)

Longasc
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Posts: 1230
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:38 pm

Re: GC 44 West?

Post by Longasc » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:14 pm

Now I wish this would ever happen to a MMO: More new content than you can play before the next expansion comes! :D

KeldorKatarn
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Posts: 1264
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:22 am

Re: GC 44 West?

Post by KeldorKatarn » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:19 am

If this keeps up that is certainly what happens to me :) I own all DLCs except the West one (no money right now due to moving) and haven't had a chance to play most of them yet hehe. NOt that I'm complaining. It's a great feeling to know I have sooo much more unseen content lying around waiting for me. And once I'm done with it, there's probably going to be just as much released by then =D

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine
Posts: 7978
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: GC 44 West?

Post by VPaulus » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:56 am

Closed beta started today.

More information:
http://slitherine.com/games/PzC_DLC_9

MikeAP
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Posts: 496
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: GC 44 West?

Post by MikeAP » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:26 am

VPaulus wrote:Closed beta started today.

More information:
http://slitherine.com/games/PzC_DLC_9
Nice!

Any word on Allied Corps yet?

mass09
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: GC 44 West?

Post by mass09 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:41 pm

Great stuff! Can't wait for the official release!

mulleto22
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:22 pm

Re: GC 44 West?

Post by mulleto22 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:57 am

I am a little surprised not to see the Battle of the Bulge in the Scenario list - will it be part of GC 45 ?

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games
Posts: 2927
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:23 pm
Contact:

Re: GC 44 West?

Post by Rudankort » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:45 pm

mulleto22 wrote:I am a little surprised not to see the Battle of the Bulge in the Scenario list - will it be part of GC 45 ?
Yes. Battle of the Bulge started in '44 but continued well into '45, and from campaign design point of view it made more sense to move it to '45 DLC. Otherwise '44 DLC would need to cover too much, while '45 DLC would be a bit too light-weight.

mulleto22
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:22 pm

Re: GC 44 West?

Post by mulleto22 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:25 pm

Sure, thats fine I guess. Was just wondering.

fliegenderstaub
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:20 pm

Re: GC 44 West?

Post by fliegenderstaub » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:57 pm

Can't wait to defend Monte Cassino with the "Green Devils"... :wink:

By the way: Will there be seperate Ghurka units on the allied side like they were back then?

Off topic: The fighting spirit of the Ghurkas seems to be still alive:

http://archives.myrepublica.com/portal/ ... s_id=27100
...and like the once-mighty Mahi-Mahi, you will end
up on a poo-poo platter in the Tikki Hut of life! -Al Bundy -

canuck97
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:35 pm

Re: GC 44 West?

Post by canuck97 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:31 pm

Can't wait to play those D-Day scenarios over and over again (especially on Allied side)...

MikeAP
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Posts: 496
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: GC 44 West?

Post by MikeAP » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:58 pm

canuck97 wrote:Can't wait to play those D-Day scenarios over and over again (especially on Allied side)...
I do this quite often with vanilla.

canuck97
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:35 pm

Re: GC 44 West?

Post by canuck97 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:01 pm

But there's only one Overlord scenario in PC right now? So are you playing user created scenarios? I'm really looking forward to those smaller scaled beach scenarios (esp. Juno beach).

MikeAP
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Posts: 496
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: GC 44 West?

Post by MikeAP » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:49 am

canuck97 wrote:But there's only one Overlord scenario in PC right now? So are you playing user created scenarios? I'm really looking forward to those smaller scaled beach scenarios (esp. Juno beach).
I just play the Overlord and Italy scenarios as Allies.

Shrike
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Posts: 291
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:44 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: GC 44 West?

Post by Shrike » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:39 pm

MikeAP wrote:
canuck97 wrote:But there's only one Overlord scenario in PC right now? So are you playing user created scenarios? I'm really looking forward to those smaller scaled beach scenarios (esp. Juno beach).
I just play the Overlord and Italy scenarios as Allies.
You can play a whole campaign that focuses exactly on these Italian and Overlord operations as allies! But you will need the Afrika Korps expansion because some stuff in the mod is based off it. Check out viewtopic.php?f=147&t=38511 I rate this mod as high as the standard DLC content, if not higher.

MikeAP
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Posts: 496
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: GC 44 West?

Post by MikeAP » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:54 pm

Shrike wrote:
MikeAP wrote:
canuck97 wrote:But there's only one Overlord scenario in PC right now? So are you playing user created scenarios? I'm really looking forward to those smaller scaled beach scenarios (esp. Juno beach).
I just play the Overlord and Italy scenarios as Allies.
You can play a whole campaign that focuses exactly on these Italian and Overlord operations as allies! But you will need the Afrika Korps expansion because some stuff in the mod is based off it. Check out viewtopic.php?f=147&t=38511 I rate this mod as high as the standard DLC content, if not higher.
I tried that a few months ago, but the mod didnt work for some reason. I gave up and deleted it.

Shrike
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Posts: 291
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:44 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: GC 44 West?

Post by Shrike » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:12 pm

The mod was only released on the 22nd of October. Maybe you didn't have AK installed or you're talking about a different mod?

MikeAP
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Posts: 496
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: GC 44 West?

Post by MikeAP » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:26 pm

Shrike wrote:The mod was only released on the 22nd of October. Maybe you didn't have AK installed or you're talking about a different mod?

No, I played it a while ago. I'm now assuming it was a beta. I have since reinstalled it, and uninstalled it.

My biggest displeasure is that the animations are not done correctly. You can never tell when a unit is firing, but more importantly you cannot see WHO is firing at you because you cannot see when units are shooting.

I thought the missions were great, but the animations were a deal breaker for me. If this is fixed, it would be great!

Post Reply

Return to “Panzer Corps”