Confused after updating PC and AK to 1.11

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

canuck97
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Confused after updating PC and AK to 1.11

Post by canuck97 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:11 pm

I just downloaded the 1.11 patch and installed it to my Panzer Corps - Afrika Korps folder. Before the update the game launcher always started the (new) Afrika Korps launch menu and Afrika Korps intro movie. Now after patching the game it launches the (old) Panzer Corps launch menu again and also starts with the original Intro movie for Panzer Corps. However, after the intro's finished it's the Afrika Korps main menu (ingame) again. Now I'm a little bit confused if anything went wrong with the patching? With one of the last patches I experienced some weird city name bug - so I wanted to do it "right" this time (with a fresh install of PC and AK) to start the campaigns again. Any hints are highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Confused after updating PC and AK to 1.11

Post by VPaulus » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:37 pm

It's OK, canuck97. I've noticed myself that. But as long as you can switch between Afrika Korps campaign and Panzer Corps original campaign, everything is alright.
By the way that wrong city name bug you mentioned, was fixed with patch 1.11. :)

canuck97
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by canuck97 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:08 pm

Thanks a lot for the quick reply, VPaulus! So there's nothing to worry about, right? It just seemed to be a little bit strange to me since Afrika Korps changed the launcher, the intro and the main screen as well. So I was a bit worried that something went wrong with the patch when I came across those "old" screens/video again. It's nice to know the city name bug's been fixed also. Thanks a lot again.

aleader
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by aleader » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:22 pm

I just bought AK. I have already installed patch 1.11 previously. As AK is only 1.10, do I now need to reinstall the 1.11 patch?

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:40 pm

aleader wrote:I just bought AK. I have already installed patch 1.11 previously. As AK is only 1.10, do I now need to reinstall the 1.11 patch?
Well in theory no, but you can do it. The patch will analyse the version you've installed and if everything is correct it won't install.

aleader
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by aleader » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:50 am

VPaulus wrote:Well in theory no, but you can do it. The patch will analyse the version you've installed and if everything is correct it won't install.
I didn't get any warning about the patch, and it did install it again. Noticed now that the intro menu went back to being the old one (it was the AK one) and the in-game menu screen is now the AK one (it was the original one), but after closing out and running it again, everything is back to the original, except for the intro movie, which is AK?! I know that I had the 1.11 patch on before, but AK must have overwritten it with 1.10? Something seems odd about the way this is patching with AK.

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:49 am

If you're unsure, the best is to uninstall everything and install again in the proper order.
Panzer Corps
DLC Grand Campaign 39-45 East
Afrika Korps
DLC Grand Campaign 42-43 West or Patch 1.11

Return to “Panzer Corps”