Vanilla Campaign Updates

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Wargamer74
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Vanilla Campaign Updates

Post by Wargamer74 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:04 am

I'm wondering if any updates will ever be released for the original PC campaign? It's not that the dlc is bad but I guess I prefer the strategic scale of the vanilla campaign better along with the fact your actions do effect the outcome of the war.
What would be nice is to see is some of the advanced AI features found in the dlc and AK with more scenarios such as the African theatre of the war like in the original Panzer General. I thought about doing this myself since the editor now has desert terrain and sandstorm weather but it would be better if it was done officially. Also some more eastern front scenarios would be nice too.

I know Slitherine/Lords Games Studio is busy with other projects but I would even be willing to pay extra money for a expansion to the original campaign. :)

KeldorKatarn
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: Vanilla Campaign Updates

Post by KeldorKatarn » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:59 pm

I think AK makes African scenarios for the main campaign kind of redundant, unless one could somehow make it possible to end the main campaign at a certain path and then reload that core in Afrika Korps somehow.

As for other changes, from what I remember they wanted to change the USA East scenario so a DV becomes possible as most people have agreed that as-is the scenario is pretty much impossible to decisively win.

Wargamer74

Re: Vanilla Campaign Updates

Post by Wargamer74 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:29 pm

KeldorKatarn wrote:I think AK makes African scenarios for the main campaign kind of redundant, unless one could somehow make it possible to end the main campaign at a certain path and then reload that core in Afrika Korps somehow.
I don't see how the AK expansion makes the African scenarios redundant for the original campaign. When Panzer Corps first came out many people including myself felt that the AK scenarios were missing. I was thinking if you get the marginal victory in the low countries and a decisive in France than you could either choose Greece or North Africa, this is how the Panzer General campaign worked. From there I would have to figure how to link it up with the rest of the campaign.

Return to “Panzer Corps”