GC Gold Pack - an idea

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

borsook79
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

GC Gold Pack - an idea

Post by borsook79 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:22 pm

Currently installing all the GCs is a very annoying process. Assuming we will see one more, so West 45, that's 9 files to be downloaded (most of their content being the same) 9 serials to be entered... Reinstalling PzC becomes a nightmare. It would be great if we could get something like GC gold containing all of them in one install file. You could publish it at the same time as West 45 and the keys for other GCs could function as coupons (each giving 1/9 discount) so people who bought the GCs before wouldn't have to pay for them again.
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw

canuck97
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: GC Gold Pack - an idea

Post by canuck97 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:02 pm

I absolutely second this idea (in fact I've thought about it several times before)!

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:57 pm

In the past, making a package deal for DLC hasn't been a priority, simply because as more DLC were constantly coming out, each 'package' would have lost its purpose of being all inclusive. Although from my understand there is a 39-42 German translated DLC pack available.

In the future, as there are so many Grand Campaigns, we may even move to offer them as their own entire package, no need for the Panzer Corps base game or even Panzer Corps Afrika. I can't promise that will be available soon, but we have been looking forward to bringing the Grand Campaign together in a nice neat package now that the 10th DLC is wrapping up.

This will actually also give us a good opportunity to bring the oldest Grand Campaigns up to date with new features we've added in since release (in game messages being an major feature) so stay tuned for that!

borsook79

Post by borsook79 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:04 pm

Kerensky wrote:In the past, making a package deal for DLC hasn't been a priority, simply because as more DLC were constantly coming out, each 'package' would have lost its purpose of being all inclusive. Although from my understand there is a 39-42 German translated DLC pack available.

In the future, as there are so many Grand Campaigns, we may even move to offer them as their own entire package, no need for the Panzer Corps base game or even Panzer Corps Afrika. I can't promise that will be available soon, but we have been looking forward to bringing the Grand Campaign together in a nice neat package now that the 10th DLC is wrapping up.

This will actually also give us a good opportunity to bring the oldest Grand Campaigns up to date with new features we've added in since release (in game messages being an major feature) so stay tuned for that!
Updated version would be great... but please don't tell us to buy them again at a full price...
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw

KdF
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by KdF » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:55 pm

I have been waiting for the Complete Grand Campaign myself since the begining. I imagine that there are others out there as well. More so for the official DVD copy that I assume would be available for sale as well as the DL version. (no, I don't want to burn my own copy).

...it is almost time...the only question now is...how much?

Longasc
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Longasc » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:22 pm

Borsook wrote:Updated version would be great... but please don't tell us to buy them again at a full price...
I would like to second this. I would really love to install the whole Grand Campaign DLCs as one package instead of having to download or use downloaded DLCs each having some 600MB size.

It should be possible to grant people who own every of these DLCs the "big" GC package for free, I hope this will happen.

CrimsonStorm
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by CrimsonStorm » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:55 pm

Would love this. One single download with one single serial number would be ideal rather than nearly 5GB in 11 different files and 11 different serials.

DeathMutant
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by DeathMutant » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:26 pm

I have not purchased any of the GC DLC but, if it was purchased/packaged -- and downloaded/installed -- as a single product, I would be very interested. The price will be important too so it should be a significant discount off of buying all of the DLC individually.

CrimsonStorm

Post by CrimsonStorm » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:16 pm

Can't imagine any price discount persoanlly. Comes down to if they do a WW2 Grand Campaign pack or an Eastern war pack and a Western war pack. Either way I can't see it being more then maybe 10% off the price of the individual packs.

KdF
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by KdF » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:31 pm

I can see the pricing for the Mega Campaign as $29.99 for the DL version and $39.99 for the DVD, of which, I think is very fair for the amount of content.

...and for those who already bought the DLC's...an extra tin of Alte Mann....or 50% off, whatever you prefer.

Return to “Panzer Corps”