Mega pack discounts

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mega pack discounts

Post by IainMcNeil » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:47 am

Hi guys, we've worked out the discount system. We wanted it to apply to both digital and boxed copies and so we had to limit the max discount to 70% which is lower than I initially thought. The discounts cant have a diferent % on different items - it is binary, i.e. do you get the disount or not. When I did the maths I found we'd be selling boxes at a loss at an 80% discount so to break even we had to limit it to 70% if you have 7 or more packs registered. I hope you can understand the logic and find this is stilla good offer.

The price is $39.99 or $49.99 in a box. With your 70% discount this means $12 digital or $15 for the mega pack in a box.

If you have one or more DLC purchased and registered, you get 10% discount if you already have 1 DLC, if you own 2 DLC`s you get 20% discount, if you already own 3 you get 30%, etc... and this with a max. of 7 or more get a max. discount of 70%.

So only the ones you have already purchased and registered 7, 8, 9 or all 10 DLC`s will get a maximum discount of 70% on the full price of 39.99 USD (Digital) or 49.99 (Boxed) for the whole Mega Pack, only those people can get it at 12 USD (Digital) or 15 USD (Boxed).

The Mega Pack contains all 10 DLC`s in one package, it does not include the Panzer Corps: Wehrmacht or Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps base games. All DLC`s also have been patched and updated and localized into all available languages, of course we also provide a free patch for those not interested in the Mega Pack. So the Mega Pack contains updated:

Panzer Corps Grand Campaign '39
Panzer Corps Grand Campaign '40
Panzer Corps Grand Campaign '41
Panzer Corps Grand Campaign '42
Panzer Corps Grand Campaign '43 East
Panzer Corps Grand Campaign '44 East
Panzer Corps Grand Campaign '45 East
Panzer Corps Grand Campaign '42 - '43 West
Panzer Corps Grand Campaign '44 West
Panzer Corps Grand Campaign '45 West

You need at least one of them (Wehrmacht or Afrika Korps) as a base game to be able to play any or more or all 10 Panzer Corps: Grand Campaign `39-`45 DLC`s

The Mega Pack only releases the 23rd of April 2013, as usual normally around the afternoon European GMT timezone, so Europe (Slitherine) and US East Coast (Matrix) can release simultaneous in sync.

maho1973
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: Mega pack discounts

Post by maho1973 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:21 am

I'am a proud owner of all the dlcs and Africa Corps. Sure, that's still an excellent offer! I'll buy it.

nvett
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by nvett » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:03 am

Also as an owner of all PC products I would most likely purchase as well. Is there an exact FAQ already or to be released of what exactly the upgrades to the campaign will be?

Reinhard

Post by Reinhard » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:48 pm

Since I have poor knowledge of the English language, I will specify: Mega pack discount is available to all, or not?
That is, Grand Campaign Mega Pack '39-'45 for all would cost $ 12 digital and $ 15 in a box?

lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:10 pm

If you have one or more DLC already purchased and registered in the past, you get 10% discount if you already have 1 DLC, if you own 2 DLC`s you get 20% discount., if you already own 3 you get 30%, etc... and this with a max. of 7 or more get a max. discount of 70%.

So only the ones you have already purchased and registered 7, 8, 9 or all 10 DLC`s will get a maximum discount of 70% on the full price of 39.99 USD (Digital) or 49.99 (Boxed) for the whole Mega Pack, only those people can get it at 12 USD (Digital) or 15 USD (Boxed).

So make sure you register them all at your favorite shop prior to purchasing, another perk is you have like this all serials saved as a back-up.

fliegenderstaub
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by fliegenderstaub » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:26 pm

I am proud owner of all DLCs. :) But I am very much looking forward to the Mega Pack. I bought the DLCs online via plimus. Is it nececessary to register them and, if yes, how do I do that?

Thanks in advance! :)
...and like the once-mighty Mahi-Mahi, you will end
up on a poo-poo platter in the Tikki Hut of life! -Al Bundy -

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:24 pm

Yes you need to register them here or just login to multiplayer and it auto registers them which saves time :)

tripecac
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by tripecac » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:35 am

When is the Mega Pack due out?

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:44 am

We hope to release the Megapack in 23 of April.

airbornemongo101
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by airbornemongo101 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:51 am

I have to buy all my stuff thru Matrix.

My bank will not let me buy anything from any companies based in Europe..due to fraud (IE:I used to use gamers gate..but cannot anymore)

All of the serials are registered at Matrix,I know the 2 companies merged..but I'm just checking.

Will this suffice?
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Always remember, Never Forget:

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:32 am

If you can buy from Matrix you can buy from Slitherine - it uses the same payment processor - Plimus.

The discount codes can only be generated if registered serials are on Slitherine. Unfortunately the websites cant talk to each other. Logging in to multiplayer registers them all for you so this is the simplest thing to do if you haven't already.

The codes can be generated for either store so if you want to buy from Matrix you can. You can only generate your code once though so read the instructions carefully!

zechi
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by zechi » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:44 pm

I bought and own all 10 DLCs (digital copies), so I don't really understand what benefit I would get from buying the Mega Pack?

If I understand Iain correctly, the Mega Pack will contain patched DLCs, but the patched DLCs will also be available for free, which is something I would expect, as patches are usually free.

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:11 pm

zechi wrote:I bought and own all 10 DLCs (digital copies), so I don't really understand what benefit I would get from buying the Mega Pack?

If I understand Iain correctly, the Mega Pack will contain patched DLCs, but the patched DLCs will also be available for free, which is something I would expect, as patches are usually free.
Correct. The only benefit is the convenience of having all DLC in one package.

lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:13 pm

Of course it makes little sense to buy the Mega Pack when you have all already, outside the casual gamer they like to have it all on one disc or in one DL file, it is more for those who have a few and want all...

zechi

Post by zechi » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:58 pm

Perhaps I'm asking too much, but why don't you give 100 % discount (or free) for the digital Mega Pack for those loyal customers who already bought all 10 DLCs?

I fully understand that the boxed version can't be given away for a such a discount, but why not the digital version?

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:57 pm

There are 2 reasons why we can't

* The discount has to apply in an equal % on digital and boxed. It is just a limitation of the system. We can only control whether a coupon applies or not, not have it apply a different discount to different products. This means whatever we set applies to both digital and boxed.
* Making the game available for free costs us money. I don't mean in lost sales, I mean we get charged for them. On $0 transactions we are still charged a minimum fee so we'd never be able to do anything for free.

Hope that clears up whey we've done it the way we have and you can see we're trying to give you the best deal we can :)

airbornemongo101

Post by airbornemongo101 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:32 pm

IainMcNeil wrote:If you can buy from Matrix you can buy from Slitherine - it uses the same payment processor - Plimus.

The discount codes can only be generated if registered serials are on Slitherine. Unfortunately the websites cant talk to each other. Logging in to multiplayer registers them all for you so this is the simplest thing to do if you haven't already.

The codes can be generated for either store so if you want to buy from Matrix you can. You can only generate your code once though so read the instructions carefully!
Thx Ian

1st time logging on to the multiplayer (kinda cool) and everything got handled automatically (gotta love technology)

I also would like to say one thing, that I don't think has been said:

THANK YOU for offering the discount.

Most devs would just say "here is the old content along with some new stuff in it to make it new content"

You guys took the time to think about the loyal fan base and took the time to reward us for being loyal...rewarding loyalty happens very,very rarely in real life..let alone in the digital world..so thanks once again to Slitherine/Matrix and Lordz.

And yes I will be buying the Mega Pack to show loyalty back and to get the new stuff added into the dlc's (I even have a place on my book shelf cleared out where I store all of my physical copies, what can I say, I'm old school and I want the actual discs also)

Thanks again and ,as always, thx to Zimoa,Ian and the moderators (especially Paulo) for replying to our threads (even when ,I'm sure, you feel like pulling your hair out)
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Always remember, Never Forget:

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5

sn0wball
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by sn0wball » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:30 pm

Hey, this sounds like a great opportunity to continue the Grand Campaign. I bought a German boxed version, a bundle which included GC39-42. I am pretty sure that I registered the base game, but I have no idea whether I registered the GCs. Can you see somewhere which games you have registered ? Besides, I have only one code for all of the campaigns. Would I register for all games with the same code ?

guille1434
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by guille1434 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:12 pm

Please Iain, could you provide us with a link to the web page where we can register the GC already purchased? Thanks!!!

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:21 pm

guille1434 wrote:Please Iain, could you provide us with a link to the web page where we can register the GC already purchased? Thanks!!!
If you have your DLCs installed in your Panzer Corps game, you just have to login in multiplayer and they will automatically be registered.

You can also register manually them here:
http://www.slitherine.com/register_serial.php

You can check if they are registered by login to your Slitherine account. The login details are the same as your multiplayer account and forum:
http://www.slitherine.com/my_page

Return to “Panzer Corps”