why is this game so addictive?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

ksasaki
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

why is this game so addictive?

Post by ksasaki » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:46 pm

I find I can't put it down. Whenever I find a free moment I am always visiting this forum. Before I go to sleep I am considering the build of my core forces, the question of elite or normal replacements, whether to overstrength my tanks....it never ends. Thanks for making a great game Slitherine, but I feel like I am a junkie...I am shaking from being away from PzC for several hours. I get grumpy if my girlfriend is using the ipad...I guess the solution is purchase the game for PC so I always have a solution for my fix :twisted:

timek28
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: why is this game so addictive?

Post by timek28 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:26 pm

I feel you man :) I don't find that particularly bad... If you enjoy it play it. Of course don't forget all your other obligations in process :) As time passes the passion will slowly decrease, but as long as there are some great mods out there I have no fear about this game's life span :)

antoniocapo
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by antoniocapo » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:22 pm

Just be glad you dont have to pay a monthly fee.

And definitley get the game for PC, that way your girlfriend will be busy on the Ipad and let you play in peace :wink:

Victor_K
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Victor_K » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:47 am

Get the PC version. I find with all the DLC's, Africa Korps, Allied Corps and waiting for Soviet Corps the entertainment value is huge.

Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:53 am

We included a free sugar high with each purchase, thus creating the craving for more. :)

ahh... Please don't forget your girlfriend.

oasis22
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by oasis22 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:49 am

Fought and won most battle in the est and, lost the war in the Berlin scenario.
I was left with a sense of frustration and injustice, days later, i realize my tactics were at fault, the core fundamental was wrong.
Enough... said the big black snoring labrador on the couch, get over to the Polish border maybe you can redeem yourself...

sn0wball
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by sn0wball » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:49 pm

Why wife would probably advise you not to buy the PC version. And delete the game from the Ipad. Spend the money on flowers. And rather clean the car or fix that damned garage door.

Anfield
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Anfield » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:28 pm

Its been an awful winter here in the midwest US, temps of -30 are never ending it seems this year. Thus with nothing to do outside PC/Modding has become the drug of choice, and im hooked!! Two more months till spring, I might be in a coma by then at this rate!

:shock:

ksasaki
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by ksasaki » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:31 pm

maybe we should start a group panzer corps anonymous.

El_Jairo
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by El_Jairo » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:23 pm

ksasaki wrote:maybe we should start a group panzer corps anonymous.
LOL, ksasaki, that's why there is a forum, right?

ksasaki
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by ksasaki » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:50 pm

I'm glad I can be together with all my fellow panzer corps addicts. It is really a great game, definitely improved over the original PG. I love the heroes! Really gives it an RPG flavor.

antoniocapo

Post by antoniocapo » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:07 pm

ksasaki wrote:I'm glad I can be together with all my fellow panzer corps addicts. It is really a great game, definitely improved over the original PG. I love the heroes! Really gives it an RPG flavor.
Love the rpg heroes too! :mrgreen:

Shh..dont tell the hardcore, they delete them heroes on sight.

Anfield

Post by Anfield » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:18 am

antoniocapo wrote:
ksasaki wrote:I'm glad I can be together with all my fellow panzer corps addicts. It is really a great game, definitely improved over the original PG. I love the heroes! Really gives it an RPG flavor.
Love the rpg heroes too! :mrgreen:

Shh..dont tell the hardcore, they delete them heroes on sight.

haha good one! :D The only hero off hand i always delete is the infantry unit one with a move of 6 i think it is, hell thats faster than tanks! But I do find myself deleting more and more as to many are just over the top with imporvements. I like the hero idea, but think they need to pull it back a little on their skills.

Aloo
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Aloo » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:46 am

I like the heroes that have positive and negative skills, that makes using them a challenge. Im thinking about units such as the recon Ruddel and the me109 hero. More of those and less of the super positive ones would be nice. Also they are free units essentially giving you free prestige.

ksasaki
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by ksasaki » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:58 pm

Recon rudel in an Bf110 early is awesome, 4 sighting, I can see so far, and he is definitely more durable than a recon truck. Also useful for finishing off weak fighters / bombers and reducing entrench. Recon move is an invaluable asset though for hit and run on AA / artillery batteries.

I wish they had a recon hero, or a SE recon unit with +1 sight or something.

antoniocapo

Post by antoniocapo » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:29 pm

ksasaki wrote:I wish they had a recon hero, or a SE recon unit with +1 sight or something.
Now that be overpowered :shock: A spotter +1 on a Recon, my gosh! And his name can be Peeping Gerry if German and Peeping Tommy for British.

Nah, wont happen :cry: we are stuck with underpowered Attack +9 Defense +9 Rudel.

ExiledZebra
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by ExiledZebra » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:45 am

Great question, mainly because it's so focused at what it does: Turn based WW 2 epic battles and nothing more.

Along with amazing sound assets, amazing unit details and stats, Scenarios and addons that offer you replay-ability, a challenging and rewarding to win against AI, seeing your units progress through campaigns and reminisce how you first got to recruit them by looking at their combat history (such a small feature but it's by far my favorite :3) and great devs and moderators that listen to player base, it's no wonder this game is so great. Seriously, this is quickly becoming my all time favorite game on PC.

Really wish more ppl knew about this game...then again this game is pretty much catered to WW2 buffs/turn based strategy lovers which are quite few in this modern gaming age.

hs1611

Post by hs1611 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:26 am

Also, they put nicotine on your keyboard and sugar on your mouse to make you come back for more.

As for those guys playing on i-Pad, I really can't explain. Maybe it's just a really good game...

ThorHa

Post by ThorHa » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:37 pm

The original this one was built on did not set a standard for nothing. One second of memory for one of the many dead yet groundbreaking game companies - SSI.

No offense intended versus the makers of panzer corps - but they wisely only slightly modified and improved their template while vastly enhancing its scenario content.

Regards,
Thorsten

El_Jairo

Post by El_Jairo » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:58 pm

I must agree on you ThoRa and others pointing out the KISS principle.
You might think that the limited visuals like unit animations and sounds would not fit in a modern game but I think that they should be minimal in a tactic or strategic game. As you will see those animations hundreds or thousand times. They should be minimal so do don't bither you as they are not the core of the game but only a silver lining.
The advantage of this game is that the visuals remind you of the epic PG to which many older gamers have nostalgic memories and feelings about.
The time I spend on wanting to play this game is many times the actual play time, because of work and family. But I think it will be hard to make a better game than this. Only by upgrading the existing game with the features modders have made and some interface suggestions made on these forums. Because I'm afraid that any big changes will damage the core.

All this text just to say: stay off my drug called PC!

Return to “Panzer Corps”