Soviet Corps release date?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

antoniocapo
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: Soviet Corps release date?

Post by antoniocapo » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:30 pm

ExiledZebra wrote:Well whenever it will be released, I will definately throw all my money at this addon. Being a history buff who's analysed The Great Patriotic War so may times and is thoroughly interested in it, I'll be glad when it finally comes out.

I can already imagine my core comprised of ludicrous amounts of T-34s in all their variants, KV-2s and 203mm "Stalin's Sledgehammer" M1931s a devastating force to be reckoned with.

URAAAAA! :D
But you will have to experience the embarrasment of the Finish War first. I never could win that first scenario in Allied General, all my butter armored tanks melting against the Mannerheim line.

captainjack
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by captainjack » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:49 am

I never even got close to a victory of any sort in the Finnish scenario in the old PG Forever package. So in that sense, it probably was a good introduction to how the Soviet commanders felt.

jaggy
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by jaggy » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:31 am

Will Slitherine develop a Grand Campaigns for Soviet Corps? Something along the lines of Panzer Corps Grand Campaigns East? 70+ scenarios etc?

Muddy
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Muddy » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:28 am

The answer to this was on the steam forums. Soviet corps will come after something they are working on called Armageddon.

jaggy

Post by jaggy » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:26 am

@Muddy - I don't mean Soviet Corps the main game, but the campaign expansion packs for Soviet Corps itself.

Anfield

Post by Anfield » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:26 pm

jaggy wrote:Will Slitherine develop a Grand Campaigns for Soviet Corps? Something along the lines of Panzer Corps Grand Campaigns East? 70+ scenarios etc?
Dont think so, as there seems no clue that they would do it AC. Wish they would for both, but never heard anything that they will. I know as a company they dont want to give everything away that they are working on, but least be nice to know if they intend to or not.

Naxor
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Naxor » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:47 am

I think it's always good deal for the company to make grand campaign. Game engine, graphics and stuff like that are already made and only scenario designers are needed to make the whole thing + beta testers. Easy money.

BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by BiteNibbleChomp » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:28 am

Naxor wrote:I think it's always good deal for the company to make grand campaign. Game engine, graphics and stuff like that are already made and only scenario designers are needed to make the whole thing + beta testers. Easy money.
All true - I am just about finished making my own campaign (WWI) and yes, it is all scenario building, which each one can be done in ~2 hours. (well, except for adding those extra units and stuff that makes it work in a WWI timeframe)

- BNC
Creator of American Civil War mod for Strategic Command WWI!
Discuss here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4504986
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tj4t11z3ttl142w/SCACW.zip/file

lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:15 pm

Soviet Corps will be like Akrika and Allied, so basically full standalone new expansion games, so new units, maps, movie, music, scenarios, voice overs, briefings, library extensions, medals, heroes, new UI style, new main menu art etc..

ETA, after we finished Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon, so later this year...

MikeAP
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by MikeAP » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:37 am

Still hoping for a Cold War Corps

antoniocapo

Post by antoniocapo » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:26 am

MikeAP wrote:Still hoping for a Cold War Corps
Winter is coming...(for the last 18 years)

pmelheck1
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by pmelheck1 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:48 pm

I would like to see a grand campaign for both the Soviets and the Allies.

jaggy

Post by jaggy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:06 am

lordzimoa wrote:Soviet Corps will be like Akrika and Allied, so basically full standalone new expansion games ...
@pmelheck - It sounds to me like there will be no DLCs for Soviet Corps. :(

LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:41 am

I'm still waiting for the Allied Corps GC, starting from a Polish perspective in 1939! (Or French/British in 1940)

ElIndio
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by ElIndio » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:50 am

On the subject of 'Cold War Corps',

The game is tailor made for a Korean War Corps (1950/53). You can have US, UN & South Korea v N Korea, China and Soviet Union so plenty of factions and hardware to choose from. A lot of the WWII hardware already in the game can roll over mixed in with some 50's tech.

Also some great alternate reality scenario's, e.g. invasion of mainland China, use of nuclear weapons etc.

Also, a logical step for the game post Soviet Corps, either that or Pacific Corps, albeit the imminent arrival of Order of Battle Pacific may cater for that theatre but it would still be nice to see a Panzer Corps Pacific game as well. :wink:

BiteNibbleChomp

Post by BiteNibbleChomp » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:25 am

ElIndio wrote:Also, a logical step for the game post Soviet Corps, either that or Pacific Corps, albeit the imminent arrival of Order of Battle Pacific may cater for that theatre but it would still be nice to see a Panzer Corps Pacific game as well. :wink:
Look into mods for PzC - there are many Pacific ones, such as bebro's IJA campaign, naturesheva's Sino-Japanese War camp. and my War of the World scenario (global :wink: ) [link to WotW in my signature!]

- BNC
Creator of American Civil War mod for Strategic Command WWI!
Discuss here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4504986
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tj4t11z3ttl142w/SCACW.zip/file

ElIndio
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by ElIndio » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:29 pm

BiteNibbleChomp wrote: Look into mods for PzC - there are many Pacific ones, such as bebro's IJA campaign, naturesheva's Sino-Japanese War camp. and my War of the World scenario (global :wink: ) [link to WotW in my signature!]

- BNC
Yeah I have briefly looked at some of the mods like bebro's US Marine Pacific one, which looks great. I use one of the historical flag mods as well. Trouble is I still haven't finished all of the Grand Campaign (years got up to 41 last time but I need to start again) or Afrika Corps or Allied Corps. Notwithstanding the soon to be released Soviet Corps.

I think there is enough offical content to last me years, let alone mods..... :lol: albeit I will get around to playing some mods as well.

Currently I'm trying to play through Afrika Corps again, I got as far as the Gazala Line map last time whereby I just didn't have the prestige to finish it without losing half my corp.... :(

I guess this is all the beauty of PzC though, so much content that it is almost never ending. :D

Pannon
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Pannon » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:11 pm

ElIndio wrote:
I guess this is all the beauty of PzC though, so much content that it is almost never ending. :D
Isn't that awesome? :D

Sorrow_Knight

Post by Sorrow_Knight » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:40 pm

LandMarine47 wrote:If they're aiming for historic release days, November 11th (or was it 8th) could be ideal (do Russians still celebrate this day?)
nope... we don't celebrate November 7th formally since 1991 (USSR gone).
About Soviet Corps release date... if opinion of Russian Panzer Corps player will be noticed, it may be either May 9 (Day of Victory), June 22 (if associate it with beginning of Bagraton operation), June 17 (beginning of Stalingrad battle) or February 2 (end of Stalingrad), December 5 (start of Moscow counterattack), January 17 (Leningrad blockade finally broken) or July 5 (Battle of Kursk), and this is only dates I remembered right now, there are about dozen more dates of memory associated in Russian people with blood, suffer and glory of that war and any of it could be used by developers of Panzer Corps.

P.S. Sorry if there are mistakes... My English never was good, but I thought that you will understand nothing if I wright this post in russian :)

LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:48 pm

Or April 30th the Day hitler and Berlin fell

Return to “Panzer Corps”