Shouldn't strategic bombing results be displayed?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

borsook79
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Shouldn't strategic bombing results be displayed?

Post by borsook79 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:29 am

I was wondering about this in the context of potential new players (steam). As it is, if you don't press L to see detailed combat results (and it may not be obvious to new players) you may not know that strategic bombing destroys enemy's prestige. Wouldn't it be better to display this number on the map? e.g. in a different colour than normal damage inflicted?
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw

Anfield
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: Shouldn't strategic bombing results be displayed?

Post by Anfield » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:17 pm

They also reduce fuel and ammo, and entrenchment. Ive seen many players say they dont use Strat bombers yet not know their effect in game.

Longasc
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Longasc » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:30 pm

I would welcome this change.

Maybe showing the suppression caused by artillery would also be nice for artillery units. But ammo/fuel destroyed by strategic bombers should be shown.

borsook79

Post by borsook79 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:50 pm

Longasc wrote:I would welcome this change.

Maybe showing the suppression caused by artillery would also be nice for artillery units. But ammo/fuel destroyed by strategic bombers should be shown.
Suppression is shown at least a little (the colour of strength numbers change to show how suppressed the unit is)
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw

El_Jairo
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by El_Jairo » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:09 pm

Loss of fuel and ammo is also shown, just select or hover on the unit you target.
I'm also interested to know if the Strat Bombers also influences enemy reinforments and resuplly differently than other units. I've read somewhere on this forum that they remove the capabillity of unit to resupply if they stay "on top" the target but I seriously doubt it.

Forefall
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Forefall » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:02 pm

Only in clear weather, aircraft above ground units prevent resupply and reinforcing of enemy units the same as adjacent units would (ie. 1/3 less supply and reinforcement per adjacent opponent). Also, strat bombers that neutralize cities prevent the enemy from placing new units from that city for 3 turns after capture.

Longasc

Post by Longasc » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:43 pm

Thinking more about it, being able to customize how much info is shown during combat would nice. It can also get messy if everything that can be displayed would be displayed.

Return to “Panzer Corps”