Approximately how many men can we estimate there are in each

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

AgrippaMaxentius
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Approximately how many men can we estimate there are in each

Post by AgrippaMaxentius » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:20 pm

I was just wondering if we could estimate just how many men each "10 man unit" contains. Of course these are mere representations of much bigger infantry battalions, so how many men do you think would typically be in one of the 10 man infantry units?

If anyone answers 10 men... im going to stab you in the foot with a pencil.

:lol: Best, Agrippa Maxentius
A strategy wargamer and youtube director, if Strategy and Voice-Roleplay is your thing, make a quick stop by the channel. Thank you, and keep up the fight Herr General! https://www.youtube.com/user/AgrippaMaxentius

sn0wball
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Approximately how many men can we estimate there are in

Post by sn0wball » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:17 pm

Wrong subforum ? I don´t think there are 10 man units in Panzer Corps.

Anfield
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Anfield » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:41 pm

10 plus men? lol

No, sadly for all the history that makes up this game and WWII, the units in game are of no set scale or size. Players seem to be in two camps, units are battalion size, or units are Regiment size. Im in the second group myself. So taking either, a infantry unit is either about 750 men or about 2500 men depending on what country you base the size of those units on. Personally its one of the things I think lets the game down, not having a set scale to units, but what yah gonna do.

:shock:

AgrippaMaxentius

Post by AgrippaMaxentius » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:57 pm

Anfield wrote:10 plus men? lol

No, sadly for all the history that makes up this game and WWII, the units in game are of no set scale or size. Players seem to be in two camps, units are battalion size, or units are Regiment size. Im in the second group myself. So taking either, a infantry unit is either about 750 men or about 2500 men depending on what country you base the size of those units on. Personally its one of the things I think lets the game down, not having a set scale to units, but what yah gonna do.

:shock:
Thanks so much Anfield! I agree it would be quite interesting to have at least an approximate estimate from the developers. Nonetheless I still love this game, thanks for the replies, guys!
A strategy wargamer and youtube director, if Strategy and Voice-Roleplay is your thing, make a quick stop by the channel. Thank you, and keep up the fight Herr General! https://www.youtube.com/user/AgrippaMaxentius

BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by BiteNibbleChomp » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:18 am

I think divisions for the vanilla, AK and AC campaigns, and then regiment/battalion for the GC. Reason being:

53 div. took part in invasion of Poland, 1939.

Your core force makes up the southern third of the battle (other two coming from east Prussia and another attacking from the west towards Modlin/Brest-Litowsk.)

53/3 roughly equals 17.

Core force max is 15~20 units.

= 17 div

- BNC
Creator of American Civil War mod for Strategic Command WWI!
Discuss here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4504986
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tj4t11z3ttl142w/SCACW.zip/file

shawkhan2

Post by shawkhan2 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:26 am

Actually, the units in Afrika Korps are already named. These units are almost all battalions, except for the Italians, I believe, which are mostly regimental in size.

AgrippaMaxentius

Post by AgrippaMaxentius » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:44 pm

shawkhan2 wrote:Actually, the units in Afrika Korps are already named. These units are almost all battalions, except for the Italians, I believe, which are mostly regimental in size.
So would that be 1 battalion for each unit? Or 1 batallion for each 10 units? Thanks shawk

Tarrak
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Tarrak » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:13 pm

One battalion or division or regiment or whatever you prefer to call the unit per unit of course. View the 10 as indicator how much of the unit is operational. At 10 strength obviously 100% of the unit is operation, at 5 strength 50%, at 1 only 10%.

AgrippaMaxentius

Post by AgrippaMaxentius » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:55 pm

Tarrak wrote:One battalion or division or regiment or whatever you prefer to call the unit per unit of course. View the 10 as indicator how much of the unit is operational. At 10 strength obviously 100% of the unit is operation, at 5 strength 50%, at 1 only 10%.
Excellent explanation, thanks Tarrak!

Return to “Panzer Corps”