Help with heroes

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

cw58
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Help with heroes

Post by cw58 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:07 am

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with the heroes in the '41 DLC. I've read about the issues with uber Rudel showing up but only if lame Rudel is deployed in the Minsk 41 scenario. So I deployed lame Rudel in the very beginning of that scenario and waited patiently for uber Rudel to make his entrance. Only he did not :? (Lame Rudel had been renamed and upgraded to a Bf 110D but that's not supposed to matter?)

These are the conditions: I am using a modded equipment file (bits and pieces from other mods mostly). I'm also using the GME to swap in the mod. All stock units are still there and with original ID#. I've added some units and tweaked some stats, even added a hero unit of my own just for fun. I have played through the '39 and '40 campaigns with no trouble. All the heroes that were supposed to appear in those 2 campaigns, did so.

Now the really curious part: none of the heroes in the '41 DLC show up in the editor. No sign of Rudel in Minsk 41, no Wirnsberger or Rondorf in Smolensk 41, and no Kittel in the Streets of Moscow. So I checked the '39 and '40 DLCs that I've already played and the heroes in those 2 campaigns are visible in the editor.

As far as I've checked, all captured equipment for the '41 DLC is visible in the editor. And finally, all 3 campaigns were purchased in the last 2-3 months. Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

tenshin111
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Help with heroes

Post by tenshin111 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:32 am

cw58 wrote:I'm wondering if anyone can help me with the heroes in the '41 DLC. I've read about the issues with uber Rudel showing up but only if lame Rudel is deployed in the Minsk 41 scenario. So I deployed lame Rudel in the very beginning of that scenario and waited patiently for uber Rudel to make his entrance. Only he did not :? (Lame Rudel had been renamed and upgraded to a Bf 110D but that's not supposed to matter?)
I think this is your problem - you shouldn't have renamed the unit. I did check in the editor a while ago and I could see the JU87 with super Rudel on board ;) Also, if you look at the trigger conditions it will only become available if you still have "Reconnaissance flight" in your core. So I guess that renaming the unit before Minsk 41 scenario prevents you from getting him.

peterw
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by peterw » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:31 pm

I updated first Rudel to Bf110 too and still got super Rudel. But I don't changed his name. It seems renaming was no good idea.
My Italian Panzer Corps campaign Italia Victor!:
http://www.streitmacht.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=53

cw58
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by cw58 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:05 pm

tenshin111 wrote:
cw58 wrote:I'm wondering if anyone can help me with the heroes in the '41 DLC. I've read about the issues with uber Rudel showing up but only if lame Rudel is deployed in the Minsk 41 scenario. So I deployed lame Rudel in the very beginning of that scenario and waited patiently for uber Rudel to make his entrance. Only he did not :? (Lame Rudel had been renamed and upgraded to a Bf 110D but that's not supposed to matter?)
I think this is your problem - you shouldn't have renamed the unit. I did check in the editor a while ago and I could see the JU87 with super Rudel on board ;) Also, if you look at the trigger conditions it will only become available if you still have "Reconnaissance flight" in your core. So I guess that renaming the unit before Minsk 41 scenario prevents you from getting him.
Thank you, gentlemen, for your quick responses. It may indeed be a bad idea to re-name that unit. But I think my problem may go beyond that. When I check the scenario in my editor, I don't even see super Rudel on the map so I can't check the trigger conditions. Could anyone tell me in which hex to look, maybe my eyesight is worse than I thought. :shock:

I forgot to mention the problem persists even with the modded files disabled. And I have re-installed the DLC 41 just in case I somehow corrupted the original.

Also I'd like to thank all the modders and posters on this forum, truly a wealth of information. :D

TSPC37730
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by TSPC37730 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:31 pm

One other thing to check. Make sure your Rudel hero isn't killed along the way. This happened to me not too long ago & he didn't appear at Minsk, even though I reformed the recon unit. Kind of make sense actually - if he's KIA in France he can't go on to fight in Russia. Good luck!

tenshin111

Post by tenshin111 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:52 pm

@cw58:

I have re-checked Minsk41 scenario in the editor and I can see a JU-87 with Super-Rudel on board on hex 1,14.

cw58
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by cw58 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:41 pm

tenshin111 wrote:@cw58:

I have re-checked Minsk41 scenario in the editor and I can see a JU-87 with Super-Rudel on board on hex 1,14.
Thank you tenshin. I thought my eyes might be failing me but there is definitely no Super-Rudel in that hex for me in the editor. In fact, none of the heroes of the '41 DLC show up in the editor for me. I've re-installed that DLC and still no joy. :(

One last question for you if you would be so kind. I bought my DLC '41 separately; did you buy yours the same way or did you buy the mega-campaign pack (all DLCs at the same time)?

Thanks again for your help.

tenshin111

Post by tenshin111 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:26 am

cw58 wrote:

Thank you tenshin. I thought my eyes might be failing me but there is definitely no Super-Rudel in that hex for me in the editor. In fact, none of the heroes of the '41 DLC show up in the editor for me. I've re-installed that DLC and still no joy. :(

One last question for you if you would be so kind. I bought my DLC '41 separately; did you buy yours the same way or did you buy the mega-campaign pack (all DLCs at the same time)?

No problem! Yes, I did buy the whole DLC pack (The Grand Campaign + Sea Lion) during one of the recent Steam promotions.

BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by BiteNibbleChomp » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:03 am

cw58 wrote:

cw58, what patch are you currently on? Rudel 2.0 was only added in 1.14 onwards If I read the patch notes correctly.

- BNC
Creator of American Civil War mod for Strategic Command WWI!
Discuss here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4504986
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tj4t11z3ttl142w/SCACW.zip/file

cw58
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by cw58 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:33 am

Thanks again, Tenshin, you've been most helpful. Now if my DLC '41 would be as helpful and cooperative. :roll:

@BNC, thank you for your response as well. I'm running 1.24 and have re-installed the '41 DLC twice now. I bought the '39, '40 and '41 DLCs each separately. I have no problems with heroes in the first 2, they all showed up on time and they show in the editor too. It's only in the '41 DLC that Super-Rudel (and the other heroes) don't show, in-game or in the editor. Perhaps the single download wasn't updated?

Anyway, I can just add them in manually. Thanks to other threads, I know who they are, their stats and the unit class. Thanks everyone :)

Return to “Panzer Corps”