Suppressed Replacements

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

fliegenderstaub
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Suppressed Replacements

Post by fliegenderstaub » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:32 pm

I started a new campaign and after a few rounds I realized that units receiving replacements are not suppressed anymore (enemy as well as mine)? In the gamerules.pzdat "suppressed replacements" are turned on (1). So what happened? I edited the gamerules.pzdat twice, the first time I turned the soft cap off, the second time I turned it on again (for the new campaign). This was no problem in the past. Has it anything to do with "Sea Lion"?
...and like the once-mighty Mahi-Mahi, you will end
up on a poo-poo platter in the Tikki Hut of life! -Al Bundy -

peterw
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: Suppressed Replacements

Post by peterw » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:57 pm

Soft cap is independent to the suppressed replacement. I always play the same way in gamerules.pzdat:
UseSoftCap 0
SuppressedReplacements 1

And it works as intended. Actually I play PzC V1.24; with V1.21 it was OK too.
May be you unintendedly activated the "old" V1.14 rules? Here both are disabled.
My Italian Panzer Corps campaign Italia Victor!:
http://www.streitmacht.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=53

fliegenderstaub
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by fliegenderstaub » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:48 pm

Thanks for your quick reply. :) I thought about 1.14 too, so I replayed the last turn and - after the victory screen - clicked on "difficulty". There 1.20 was checked, so I assume I have been playing using the 1.20 rules. Worst case would be uninstalling and reinstalling. But maybe it is not necessary. :wink:

cw58
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by cw58 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:28 pm

I don't have Sea Lion yet so I'm kind of shooting in the dark here but a couple of things come to mind.

#1-Does Sea Lion have its own gamesrules file? If so, are you editing that file?
#2-Are you using a mod (w/ GME) with a gamesrules file that's overwriting file that you're editing?

If neither of those, then I'm stumped. :?

tenshin111
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by tenshin111 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:57 pm

cw58 wrote:I don't have Sea Lion yet so I'm kind of shooting in the dark here but a couple of things come to mind.

#1-Does Sea Lion have its own gamesrules file? If so, are you editing that file?
Yes, Sea Lion comes with its own gamerules file.

fliegenderstaub
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by fliegenderstaub » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:52 pm

No, I don't even own Sea Lion right now. But I don't know if the patch 1.24 changed anything? For example hey changed the font on the victory screen unfortunately, so there might be more...

I am not using any mods, too. The only change i made was the one mentioned above. By the way the steam achievements don't work anymore either.

But thanks anyway! :) I am going to reinstall the game. Maybe it will work again then...

pacifist0rz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by pacifist0rz » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:27 pm

Sorry to bump this old post. However, I was experiencing the same issue, and I believe that I know what is going on.

The text files used by Panzer Corps are Unicode formatted files. Certain text editors (such as textpad which I use) do not correctly save the file after it is edited. After editing the gamerules.pzdat (and corrupting the file with textpad), I checked "My Games\Panzer Corps\Log" and saw the error:

WARNING: Unknown format of game rules file: 0
WARNING: File is ignored. Default rules will be used.

It looks like the game reverts to the "default rules" which are 1.14.

So what did work for me is that I went on steam and verifed the game's integrity, so that it would downloaded the non-corrupted gamerules.pzdat file. Then, instead of editing the file in a textpad, I just used basic notepad.

Return to “Panzer Corps”