Soviet Corp keeps crashing (iPad)

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

ianfry
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Soviet Corp keeps crashing (iPad)

Post by ianfry »

I purchased the new soviet corps through panzer corps paid £10.99 and I have reached a level that just keeps crashing I feel ripped off can you help
Millsner

Re: Soviet Corp keeps crashing

Post by Millsner »

I was curious if any other threads on this topic would crop up in the forum.

I've been enjoying Soviet Corps on iPad, but the game crashes on the Stalingrad scenario after the 2nd round. I have tried reloading my save file, but it's no use. It crashes every time.

I should note that I own all of the other content released for Panzer Corps iPad so far, and I've never run into a bug like this after dozens upon dozens of hours of play.
romm59

Post by romm59 »

Yep, same thing for me on iPad2. Crash during Stalingrad scenario.
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

Hi guys,

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for the report.

Have seen a few reports on this, so is most likely a bug, I passed it on.
JeffC
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Soviet Corp keeps crashing (iPad)

Post by JeffC »

Yup, same problem on Stalingrad. More specifically on the Western map edge several squares have small gray stars in them although no reason for the stars is given. One of my units in a star hex would attack an enemy also in an adjacent star hex and my attacking unit, although surviving the attack, would disappear. But the scenario crazhed thereafter anyway.
ThvN
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by ThvN »

JeffC wrote:Yup, same problem on Stalingrad. More specifically on the Western map edge several squares have small gray stars in them although no reason for the stars is given. One of my units in a star hex would attack an enemy also in an adjacent star hex and my attacking unit, although surviving the attack, would disappear. But the scenario crazhed thereafter anyway.
Hi JeffC, if the stars look like the one in the image they belong there. Not the crashes of course, they do not belong here, so I hope that gets fixed quickly.

But in this scenario, these 'evacuation' hexes represent being able to rotate allied units off the battlefield for redeployment. They are necessary for the scenario to function properly, it is mentioned in the form of tunnels if I remember correctly? anyway, if an allied unit finishes its move on one it it removed from the map and put in the reserves, freeing up a unit slot.

You can than open your reserve list and deploy a unit on an empty deployment hex. This allows damaged tanks to be evacuated and replaced by fresh units.
Attachments
EvacSymbol.png
EvacSymbol.png (2.01 KiB) Viewed 3374 times
JeffC

Post by JeffC »

Thanks ThvN, that is what they look like. I've played all Panzer Corps (except Sealion) and have never seen that idea of rotating units before. Also I did not see a precise description of it in the briefing. Finally, geographically speaking, the rule makes little sense as the Soviets were retreating to the east, not the west. Ergo rotating units off the map to the west would be literally putting them in the teeth of the German advance. It's a good idea in theory but odd in its execution.
kverdon
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by kverdon »

Ok, I have also encountered this bug in the Stalingrad scenario. Turn 2 I form my defensive line and the app crashes. Restoring the save does no good. This makes the game unplayable this point. If this is a universal IPad problem perhaps you could offer IPad players a copy of the PC version to enable them to at least continue to enjoy the game they paid for?
kverdon

Post by kverdon »

I may have found the cause of the IPad crash in the Stalingrd scenario. After turn 2, the red setup boundary border shrinks in towards the Solviet lines leaving a series of "exit" stars on the outside of it. It would appear that at least 1 Solviet unit Must stay OUTSIDE that boundary, on a starred hex and the game will continue. You have to be careful, if you tap on that unit and it exits, then the game will crash at the conclusion of the turn. I have made it past turn 5 with this work around. The unit left behind has to be of sufficient strength to survive being attacked or to cause the AI to avoid it. (I used a 13str KV1-C

Edit: Well it was a brief reprieve. The border shifted again on turn 5 and the App crashed. This is an extremely stupid bug that shows the games was NEVER properly tested on the IPAD. I will be posting an extremely unfavorable review in the APP Store in the hope it saves others the expense of purchasing this until it is remedied.
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

HI All,

We can only apologise that the game has been released with this bug in place. We're working to fix it and get an updated version out as soon as possible.

I understand that it's not much, but if you wish to skip passed this mission you can use the inbuilt cheat codes to get to the next mission (though I understand that we all prefer to have our core force play through all the missions in sequence). If you do want to skip, press the i button to bring up the unit stats panel and tap at the very bottom of the stats panel. This should bring up a dialogue box. Enter "endscn0" to award yourself a Triumph for this scenario and move onto the next.

Again, we're sorry that this issue has arisen. Thanks for your patience and taking the time to report and diagnose the issue and we'll get the new one to you asap.

Thanks
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

kverdon wrote:I may have found the cause of the IPad crash in the Stalingrd scenario. After turn 2, the red setup boundary border shrinks in towards the Solviet lines leaving a series of "exit" stars on the outside of it. It would appear that at least 1 Solviet unit Must stay OUTSIDE that boundary, on a starred hex and the game will continue. You have to be careful, if you tap on that unit and it exits, then the game will crash at the conclusion of the turn. I have made it past turn 5 with this work around. The unit left behind has to be of sufficient strength to survive being attacked or to cause the AI to avoid it. (I used a 13str KV1-C

Edit: Well it was a brief reprieve. The border shifted again on turn 5 and the App crashed. This is an extremely stupid bug that shows the games was NEVER properly tested on the IPAD. I will be posting an extremely unfavorable review in the APP Store in the hope it saves others the expense of purchasing this until it is remedied.
Your workaround is indeed correct, but to make it work, you would need to leave a unit behind in every exit zone which appears. Essentially, the bug is triggered by a script which removes exit zones from the map, once all units are evacuated, and this is done for every zone separately.

A proper fix will be submitted to Apple and released to AppStore ASAP. Once again, we are sorry for allowing this issue to slip through.
kverdon

Post by kverdon »

Thanks. Well that is ALOT of exit points to cover, if you will just adjust my core size to an appropriate number I would be happy to test that..... :D
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

kverdon wrote:Thanks. Well that is ALOT of exit points to cover, if you will just adjust my core size to an appropriate number I would be happy to test that..... :D
Well you can do that, but only with a cheat code:

Code: Select all

core N
where N is the number of core slots you want to add to what you already have.

PS. Patch build has been created and submitted, so hopefully will be up soon.
MarcosMalo
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by MarcosMalo »

Yay! to the developers! I was waiting until March anyway, so hopefully the fix will be in place. This is why I check forums before buying whenever possible. Thanks to the early buyers for being Guinea Pigs. Bugs happen. If you're frustrated by the game crashes, imagine the poor QA engineers being whipped by wet noodles as we speak.
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Hi,

Updated iPad build released just now with Stalingrad fix in place

Thanks

Return to “Panzer Corps”