Soviet Corps Budapest Scenario

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

wolfslair71
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Soviet Corps Budapest Scenario

Post by wolfslair71 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:40 pm

Just started this scenario. In the deployment phase you are allowed to deploy up to 120 units! By far the most I have come across in any of the panzer corps games/scenarios. I have only 36 core units but I do have an impressive tank force among that total. So far I have been very impressed with the game. Budapest is scenario 19 and I have been able to get 14 decisive victories and the rest have been standard victories on colonel difficulty. My strategy has been to go tank heavy from the start. Even early war russian tanks with no experience are formidable even against the germans. And they do gain experience quickly. Right now I have 4 5 star t34/85, 8 4 star js1 and 4 4 star js2. Air force is another matter. The early war fighters just dont stand up to the germans even when they do get some experience. I played through most scenarios with no air support. The exception is if you can capture a specific airfield in the Caucasus scenario. Then you recieve a captured fw190. What has everyone been thinking if Soviet corps so far?

RVallant
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Soviet Corps Budapest Scenario

Post by RVallant » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:16 am

I think it's ok.

The briefings are dull.

Mission variety is nice, but as you said, it is far too easy on the normal difficulty to just build up a tank-heavy force and faceroll the enemy. A similar problem to the later years of the grand campaign in my opinion.

panzercorpsfan
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by panzercorpsfan » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:01 am

RVallant wrote:
The briefings are dull.
They were much better in the Grand Campaign...
albeit the mission design is nice

kverdon
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by kverdon » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:06 am

Has anyone gotten this scenario to work properly?? I sent 2 units into the sewers who were never seen again. I did manage to capture every single flag on the map, including the hanger but nothing happened when I captured the hanger and I only got a "Victory", not a "Triumph"?? Is this scenario also bugged?

RVallant

Post by RVallant » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:01 am

kverdon wrote:Has anyone gotten this scenario to work properly?? I sent 2 units into the sewers who were never seen again. I did manage to capture every single flag on the map, including the hanger but nothing happened when I captured the hanger and I only got a "Victory", not a "Triumph"?? Is this scenario also bugged?
When the units 'vanish' they go to your deploy screen.

Just hit the deploy button and you can re-deploy the units at the sewer point. Then when you destroy the hanger, you should get a new unit with 0 ammo, and you have to move it through another sewer point + deploy at an airfield.

kverdon

Post by kverdon » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:55 pm

Thanks, that worked. It is also worth noting that you need to not occupy the hanger hex after you destroy it as the "officer" unit spans there and he will not appear if the hex is occupied.

Return to “Panzer Corps”