Panzer Corps 1.30 patch!

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Panzer Corps 1.30 patch!

Post by VPaulus »

Magic1111 wrote:
VPaulus wrote: - Launcher options for selecting legacy audio driver
- Launcher options for selecting windows graphic settings

I don´t know for what are these options for?

Can anybody please explain what the different between these options are?
These are for users who are experiencing issues with sound and the graphic display (namely those with High DPI settings)
Bottom line, if everything is OK, don't activate any of the options.
wargovichr
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by wargovichr »

I'm very disappointed that hero adjustments to unit data weren't changed. Brand newly purchased units still look like an many-heroed experienced unit.
It seems so simple to add +3 to defense value or +1 to range (for example) when right clicking on a heroed unit. So confusing and confounding.
Likewise the same for no anti-tank support.
VERY disappointed.
>Ho-hum<
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

wargovichr wrote:I'm very disappointed that hero adjustments to unit data weren't changed. Brand newly purchased units still look like an many-heroed experienced unit.
It seems so simple to add +3 to defense value or +1 to range (for example) when right clicking on a heroed unit. So confusing and confounding.
Sorry, but I am second to that. Also, although it is nice to see the special unit traits in game after all these years, it would have been nice to see the ROF (rate of fire) value as well in a similar way. Several important units like flamthrower tanks or heavy artillery has higher or lower than 10 (100%) ROF and as a result these are more or less effective than it is otherwise suggested by their displayed unit stats. This information remains hidden/unknown for many players which is a big minus in my view. :cry:
ImageImage
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=36969
bcnkor5
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by bcnkor5 »

McGuba wrote:
wargovichr wrote:I'm very disappointed that hero adjustments to unit data weren't changed. Brand newly purchased units still look like an many-heroed experienced unit.
Sorry, but I am second to that. Also, although it is nice to see the special unit traits in game after all these years, it would have been nice to see the ROF (rate of fire) value as well in a similar way. Several important units like flamthrower tanks or heavy artillery has higher or lower than 10 (100%) ROF and as a result these are more or less effective than it is otherwise suggested by their displayed unit stats. This information remains hidden/unknown for many players which is a big minus in my view. :cry:

----------------------------
yes +1 (to see the ROF =rate of fire)
As the Katyusha or rocket launcher
and this :
missing and important hability: cavalry charge or even tank assault causing fear and panic as the artillery.

Post v1.30 Traits: names and abilities
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 11#p624911
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

VPaulus wrote: These are for users who are experiencing issues with sound and the graphic display (namely those with High DPI settings)
Bottom line, if everything is OK, don't activate any of the options.
Ah, understand! Thanks VPaulus! :D
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

Hey I have just had an opportunity to test some of the new stuff updated on Gold.

I love the estimate before you move and I love the soft cap info it gives you.

It lets you know exactly how much the soft cap is going to effect you.

Much appreciated, makes my reporting much easier. ;)

Thanks for the great update to this great game.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
panzercorpsfan
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by panzercorpsfan »

Where is the soft cap info to be found??!!
demyansk
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by demyansk »

I have the 1.30 patch and I am in Norway now. I have some units that have initiative bonuses, movement, spotting , attack as well. These don't show up in the unit screen when I right click. I believe this is correct but what is the list of special abilities?

thanks
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

panzercorpsfan wrote:Where is the soft cap info to be found??!!
Soft Cap tooltip added to old prestige tooltip.
It's the tooltip shown when you hover the mouse over the Prestige.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

demyansk wrote:I have the 1.30 patch and I am in Norway now. I have some units that have initiative bonuses, movement, spotting , attack as well. These don't show up in the unit screen when I right click. I believe this is correct but what is the list of special abilities?

thanks
Special abilities shown in Purchase, Unit Details and New Equipment Available screens.
Check this post in this thread:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 37#p624773
wargovichr

Post by wargovichr »

Seems a lot of confusion where any of this stuff is found.
The special abilities icons are useful for brand new players but not experienced ones.
Once AGAIN, **why was there no fix to the right-click unit data** that might adjust for hero bonuses?! New units appear the same as many-heroed units.
When one right-clicks a unit you can click to see hero characteristics (ex +3 defense, +1 spotting). Yet, when opening the toggle unit list, some units show TWO identical hero iron cross icons indicating double identical hero values...so in this same example...+3 defense +1 spotting PLUS +3 defense +1 spotting. So according to that +6 defense, +2 spotting???
So NOW I understand how one KNOWS what the soft cap is, as you mentioned above.
How does one change soft cap in game??
Why can these values not be adjusted in battle?? Only at "new game??"
I'm very disappointed with the insignificant changes and the confusion about what and where they are in this new patch.
Rayrard
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Rayrard »

I wish they could have added the switchable tracked or quad AA guns that can be used as a ground attacker or defender. I mean the stats would not have to change much and could replicate the abilities of coding of a switchable artillery like Su-152.

I really think selectable skin options (there are plenty of color schemes in custom mods, why not here as a custom selection in purchase mode?) for purchased units would help differentiate "special" units at a glance on the battlefield without going to other menus.
bcnkor5

Post by bcnkor5 »

cut text in other languages, example Spanish translate
Attachments
00 TEXT CUT-Capturar-1.png
00 TEXT CUT-Capturar-1.png (126.25 KiB) Viewed 5692 times
ptje63
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by ptje63 »

Two additions I hoped for which I also hoped that they would have been not to hard to implement in a 1.30 patch:

A choice of path how to fly to a certain hex: AI forces me to fly over city, perhaps a fighter surprises me, with possible 2nd attack by awaiting Flak... gone fighter...
PC FLY OVER CITY.jpg
PC FLY OVER CITY.jpg (255.34 KiB) Viewed 5665 times
Just how many movement hexes have I left when I wish to move to hex shown. Guessing I surely will have left some to safely retreat, I realise (2nd screenshot) that I have none left and may say goodbye to my recon :-(.
PC mov 01.jpg
PC mov 01.jpg (241.98 KiB) Viewed 5665 times
PC mov 02.jpg
PC mov 02.jpg (236.17 KiB) Viewed 5665 times
The addition to be able to give battle result before movement are great, especiallty for artillery and airplane attack - bravo!
Rayrard

Post by Rayrard »

How did you get those color schemes for the units?
asuser
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by asuser »

With great enthusiasm I downloaded the new patch and tried some new features. In addition to nice things, there are also critical points such as:

-No abilities for mountain troops (alpini)?
-No abilities for reconnaissance troops (reconmove)?
-No abilities for submarines (Has been announced in the new readme file as "attacksub" to fight with subs against subs)?
-Bridge engineers use also the trait “minekiller”, but it’s missed with the new ability feature?

Is there a chance to get these things later?
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

asuser wrote: -No abilities for mountain troops (alpini)?
-No abilities for reconnaissance troops (reconmove)?
-No abilities for submarines (Has been announced in the new readme file as "attacksub" to fight with subs against subs)?
-Bridge engineers use also the trait “minekiller”, but it’s missed with the new ability feature?
Is there a chance to get these things later?
Good questions, and I want to know this too!
glaude1955

Post by glaude1955 »

Hello,

Horse-drawn transport miss terribly.
All German artillery units have truck since 1939 !
Not very historic.
Some modders have restored the historical truth, why the developers did not take the final edition to correct this error ?
Now it is the Gold version, it is feared that there are no more upgrades.
Too bad, a real pity
Yves

Sorry for my English
KeldorKatarn
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by KeldorKatarn »

Agreed. For a LAST gold patch this was THE chance to bring all countries back on the same footing. As it stands Kradschützen are still not switchable, still only available in 1941. Which means the Germans still without a switchable recon despite being THE nation that had this specialized infantry unit exactly for that purpuse EARLY war, and that is only available late war and not a recon.

Germans also used horses heavily, not available. No horse for the Germans despite a sprite already existing that would only need to be recolored.

Germans also are now the only major nation without a scout plane despite the iconic Fieseler Storch, which is one of THE most famous German airplane of that era.

Also no advanced support fire options which could have been playtested AND no information about hero bonuses in the UI still. For a normal patch these new things are great, for a FINAL patch this was VERY disappointing. Especially since you specificall opened a thread asking for people's idea MONTHS in advance and tons of great things were suggested or which NONE were introduced, instead only those few things were added that people had been asking for since day one.
Panzer Corps - Dossier Tool - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=39151
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7x2bHqAwUGeaD93VpLbEgw
pgg23
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by pgg23 »

Will this 1.30 patch also being applied to the iPad version as well?

Return to “Panzer Corps”