Where is that rank/status thread?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

jdarocha
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Where is that rank/status thread?

Post by jdarocha » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:06 pm

A long time ago there was a thread here that explained the rank/status system in regards to posting and the accompanying icon. For example I am a “Senior Corporal” with a cool Junkers 87G Stuka icon.
Can someone point me to that thread or repost it?
Thanks PzC community.
Halder
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (5.95 KiB) Viewed 785 times

rubyjuno
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Where is that rank/status thread?

Post by rubyjuno » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:04 pm

Hi Halder, I'm afraid I haven't seen that thread, but as far as I can tell, every time you reach a significant number of posts (maybe 25, 50, 100 et cetera), you go up a rank and the icon changes to a "better" unit.

ycloon
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by ycloon » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:41 pm

I think Slitherine should give posters a choice when they reach a new rank - either hang on to your current icon or choose one from the next tier/rank.

hurly
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by hurly » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:43 am

Halder wrote:A long time ago there was a thread here that explained the rank/status system in regards to posting and the accompanying icon. For example I am a “Senior Corporal” with a cool Junkers 87G Stuka icon.
Can someone point me to that thread or repost it?
Thanks PzC community.
Halder
Can not help you with said thread, but i assume you just want to know what Icon and Rank you get next.

You can see that when you click on members sort the column Posts with highest on Top and then crawl the ladder downward.
(Of course You can go the Reverse Route but it will be painfull weeding through several pages of 0 and 1 count Posters)
It is a bit slow at the Top as there are a few special Icons and Ranks for Mods but you will soon see the System and Range which Icons you get for how many posts.

So what's up for you personally
As you are at 96 posts you will not enjoy the Ju87G for long anymore, as far as I see the you will become a Destroyer with 100 Posts, a Halftrack with 125 Posts, a Recon with 150, a Panzer IIc with 175 and 7,5cm Arty with 200 Posts.

btw it is not true that you get necessarily "better" Units with higher Ranks (although the Highest Rank Icon that is Panzer Corps related is an SE Maus), which is probably most evident when you become a Cavalry Unit (Cavalry is so WW I and outdated in 1939 :mrgreen: ) between 300 and 350 Posts.

Hope that is the Info you are looking for.

Maybe we can lobby for Panzer Corps 2 Units soon which is probably a small task for the Admin, but a nice Cross Promo for the New Game :wink:

jdarocha

Post by jdarocha » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:20 pm

Thanks all. Yes, I am disappointed that I am going to lose my Stuka, and the icons for higher posts are not that impressive. Giving up a Stuka for an artillery piece is kind of sad, like it was mentioned by Hurly and Rubyjuno there should be a progression to a better unit and as your postings increase then your unit becomes stronger. It would be better to just start with a Volkssturm unit and move up from there, ending up with a Me262. Also, because the game is PzC all the icons are German. No one is going to get British Para's no matter how many postings you make. :lol:

Return to “Panzer Corps”