Artillery Range +1

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

hugh2711
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: Artillery Range +1

Post by hugh2711 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:15 pm

Ah right, yes I havent tried manstien, i only do field marshall, mansiten is a bit too depressing for me -)

TSPC37730
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by TSPC37730 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:51 am

hugh2711 wrote:I would actually convert it to a wurfrahmen. The +1 range in a wurfrahmen coupled with the speed and ability to fire having travelled long distance is ridiculously usefull and the attack value is high enough to be usefull attacking everything not just infantry. When starting gc42/3 west and you can only take 9 units with you; I would always convert any +1 range artilliary to wurfrahmen and take 2 with me, its worth the price. I also find although expensive it is so usefull i dont need to overstrength it at all. One just has to be carefulll as they are a bit fragile.
While I love the attack stats, I absolutely hate the 4 ammo. That means that on at least 1 turn out of 5 you are not firing. This is even worse in bad weather scenarios where your resupply can be limited. If you have a good attack hero, the Panzerwerfer '42 is almost as good & will at least give you 1 more ammo.

hugh2711

Post by hugh2711 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:35 am

yes i must admit i dont do manstien, only field marshall. I find most manstien scenarios impossible. At field marshall level since i nurture a very strong airforce and take the time to exterminate the enemy airforce i find that they are worth it.

NightPhoenix
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by NightPhoenix » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:13 pm

I would personally go for Nebelwerfer. If you only have a +1 Range you could go for Stug III B / StuH42 as well, or even a brummbar, just for kicks. But the extra movement screams to me to go for the 21/30 cm Nebelwerfer. The extra movement also isn't that useful on the already quite mobile wurfrahmen. I also believe the wurfrahmen is more expensive than even the 30cm Nebelwerfer, which i is around 475 and the wurfrahmen about 510? So it doesn't raise the soft cap as much (albeit only a little). Only problem is the also quite limited ammo since they both have only 4. And although that's unfortunate you should be able to work around that. Also remember that from end 43' onwards, most of the scenarios are defensive, which means that towed artillery becomes more valueable. No use for high movement if you aren't advancing.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck on the future missions, it's gonna get rough out there.

hurly

Post by hurly » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:48 am

NightPhoenix wrote:I would personally go for Nebelwerfer. If you only have a +1 Range you could go for Stug III B / StuH42 as well, or even a brummbar, just for kicks. But the extra movement screams to me to go for the 21/30 cm Nebelwerfer. The extra movement also isn't that useful on the already quite mobile wurfrahmen. I also believe the wurfrahmen is more expensive than even the 30cm Nebelwerfer, which i is around 475 and the wurfrahmen about 510? So it doesn't raise the soft cap as much (albeit only a little). Only problem is the also quite limited ammo since they both have only 4. And although that's unfortunate you should be able to work around that. Also remember that from end 43' onwards, most of the scenarios are defensive, which means that towed artillery becomes more valueable. No use for high movement if you aren't advancing.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck on the future missions, it's gonna get rough out there.
Hm Hm

I think the 30cm is the Best Arty for my style and I love to have 3 of tehm in adjacent hexes giving themselves a 2 Arty backup Package all the Time but it is not cheap in any way

the regular Price of 476 in Relation to the 510 of the Wurfrahmen sound good at first sight but the 30 cm is a towed unit and you will most likely have a Transport which ups the Price to at least 526 with a Truck up to 676 with faster and more expensive Halftrack

Still I think the 30 cm is getting more and more effective in later years if only for the Fact it has that run of the Mill 10 Defense vs Air Attacks (Wurfrahmen has only 4)

That said I seem to struggle to get a niche for the Panzerwerfer working well all the Time
Either I'm not pleased with its lower Attack Virtues and on the other Hand by the Time it becomes available the better overall Defense becomes pretty much irrelevant.

Whatever bottom Line I like the 30cm Wiurfrahmen a lot :mrgreen: despite the Low Ammo and usually almost any Arty with a Movement instantly becomes a Nebelwerfer at some time. One with a Movement and Range Hero is a Lock for me to do it asap (talking about the next Deployment Phase here)

Return to “Panzer Corps”