Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Bob Dylan
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:23 pm

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by Bob Dylan » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:01 pm

ClaireRedfieldU wrote:at the Russian forum we were asked to win by the price
It's unbelievable!
Mr. Putin promised to pay you for winning in the tournament? Did he tell you to use cheats? Omg, did he say this to all Russian players? Omg!
You are a very brave man that you share this with us. Comrade, will you now be sent to the Gulag?
ClaireRedfieldU wrote:Hello goose_2, I'm ready to swear on the bible my words are true
But you're an unbeliever.
You've already deceived everyone and used cheats and it's forbidden to do to a believer.
How can you swear now on the bible?

You're not a troll?

Lifever
Panzer Corps World Champion
Panzer Corps World Champion
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:35 pm

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by Lifever » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:42 pm

Bob Dylan wrote:Mr. Putin promised to pay you for winning in the tournament?
You're not a troll?
You got it all wrong, unbiased guy, who created his account 30 minutes before posting. I paid him 10.000€ and a new passport to deflect and get over the border. That way I get rid of Rishat the cheap way.. and win the world famous championship belt. I heard it's not all platin, but who's picky?
I also got nice "fanmail"... Don't mind writing me too, "Bob". No need to switch accounts..

The "troll" Redfield played in the tournament and quit on his own terms according to the scoreboard. He also defended Rishat before in a pretty vocal way. So that part of the story does add up.
Bringing religion into the mix won't do us any favours... nor does the bible in that regard.

My video was supposed to be over-the-top, but the stakes are rising rapidly.
We expect a Russian gangstyle assault on the premise anytime, so I told the kids to "get to the chopper" .. uh .. bunker and went defcon2. No internet from now on...

---

In short: please resolve issue..

a432
OoB Tournament Winner
OoB Tournament Winner
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:27 pm

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by a432 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:40 am

Why the tournament admins decided to let Rishat keep playing after the first cheating incident we may never know. Hopefully with this new information they can finally correct their mistake, remove the cheaters and restore some integrity to this tournament.

AMDonline
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by AMDonline » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:15 pm

maybe ClaireRedfieldU have a personal vendetta with Rishat thus writing these comments.

a432
OoB Tournament Winner
OoB Tournament Winner
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:27 pm

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by a432 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:37 pm

It possible, but I don't believe it. This new development doesn't change the past. It was proven rishat cheated and the tournament admins banned him in the past. However for some reason that was never disclosed they reversed their ban. I personally believe in our match rishat cheat as well. I don't have any proof but the way he played always seemed like he knew exactly where all my units were. In addition the RNG favored him very much. Lifever is experience the same issues with rishat cheating in their game. I just have no faith that rishat is doing anything other than cheating every match. I hope the admins review his match logs again to look for any discrepancies. Specifically if the claims are true and the Russian has discovered a way to circumnavigate the anti cheat.
Last edited by a432 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:04 pm

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by ClaireRedfieldU » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:08 pm

For all, I sincerely wish victory to the Russian player in the tournament, an honest victory, the victory gained by deception is bad. I admit my cheating in the tournament and I'm ready to suffer punishment, I'm sorry. You can believe or not believe in my words.

ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:04 pm

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by ClaireRedfieldU » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:20 pm

I know rishat 100% cheat, I'm not interested in whether he will continue to participate in the tournament or not, I just told about the deception of Russian players, I told what I know.

AMDonline
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by AMDonline » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:10 pm

in my games against rishat i suspected him cheating when he hit my transport ship with -7 blow using the Norwegian artillery (i tried to do that against CPU and most of the hits were -1 or -2)
Last edited by AMDonline on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robterdam
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:39 am

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by Robterdam » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:36 pm

Lets sum it all up.

So we got several people suspecting foul play. We got at least one confirmed case of cheating in the past and we got a Russian player confirming cheating by himself and some other Russian players. And on top of that. We got accusations against a Russian player that was already caught cheating in the past?

All in all? I say slitherine needs to clarify some of this stuff. Did anyone reload a lot? Did anyone reload more than others? Take a look at the uploads the Russian player who is accused of cheating has made. It cant be that hard to find out if some key files in that uploads show any anomelies. Did the dice role extraordinary against the statistics?

And if that doesnot work? The players who are now accused of cheating can clarify themselves by filming their next turn and post that on lets say YouTube so we all can see you are just plane lucky when firing your Norwegian artilery against a transport?

I am not pointing fingers at anyone! I just described the facts and rumours that are spread in this topic. I dont know- and i am to lazy to find the proof- if someone cheated in the past. But if someone did cheat in the past? We dont have to proof all that much now. The proven cheater has to prove his innocence the next time he's accused of cheating. THats normal procedure when you are a proven cheater... It comes with being a cheater once...

Lifever
Panzer Corps World Champion
Panzer Corps World Champion
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:35 pm

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by Lifever » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:25 am

Whatever happens, whatever measures are taken - I'll speak my mind on the matter soon. I think it is easy.. and the conclusion from every perspective has to be similar if legal procedure is followed in the most simple form.

BUT... I don't want this match to be over until it is over. No preemptive kick or interference please.. After all that nonsense this has to be done the PanzerCorps way first!

If I need to arty-double-tap, triple-tap, whatever,... ok, I had to adapt my playstyle a little to outweigh all the adversity, which as I said could really be like a lottery win. (I may have gotten a little overboarding after that confession came through. Didn't write nonsense... it was way off. I mean... In Norway a tenstack of mountain guys in the mountains that weren't even heavily suppressed very gone with a normal infantry attack. Whole flank crumbled because of that... Never saw anything like that before or after, not even close with two units that similar, but I never doubted my opponents integrity for it or complained. All of that can apparently happen and it's part of this game. This is where the "If you have cheated before..." logic comes in. The more often this happens, the more unlikely it gets of course - hence my thoughts from two days back.)

As in life... winning the lottery is not enough to succeed. If there ever was a time to cheat to win, he knows it has come..

NightPhoenix
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:28 pm

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by NightPhoenix » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:10 am

Whatever happens, whatever measures are taken - I'll speak my mind on the matter soon. I think it is easy.. and the conclusion from every perspective has to be similar if legal procedure is followed in the most simple form.

BUT... I don't want this match to be over until it is over. No preemptive kick or interference please.. After all that nonsense this has to be done the PanzerCorps way first!

If I need to arty-double-tap, triple-tap, whatever,... ok, I had to adapt my playstyle a little to outweigh all the adversity, which as I said could really be like a lottery win. (I may have gotten a little overboarding after that confession came through. Didn't write nonsense... it was way off. I mean... In Norway a tenstack of mountain guys in the mountains that weren't even heavily suppressed very gone with a normal infantry attack. Whole flank crumbled because of that... Never saw anything like that before or after, not even close with two units that similar, but I never doubted my opponents integrity for it or complained. All of that can apparently happen and it's part of this game. This is where the "If you have cheated before..." logic comes in. The more often this happens, the more unlikely it gets of course - hence my thoughts from two days back.)

As in life... winning the lottery is not enough to succeed. If there ever was a time to cheat to win, he knows it has come..
That roll was crazy, but less extraordinary than you might think. It actually has a roughly 0.1% chance of happening. Not winning the lottery in a long shot. ;) I remember hitting your right flank with 3 inf at some point with some 2 str Norwegian mountain guys hiding in a cave or something on your side, and even though my guys fired and fired they couldn't hit it for dear life. XD I've seen me taking on odds (in the campaign) of me dealing 5 enemy 1, and get a complete reverse without rugged defense, those things aren't fun but certainly a big part of the game, even in multiplayer. You can't win if the opponent has a definitive skill and/or strategical advantage, even with luck. But when the players are evenly matched, a couple of bad rolls can mean the difference between victory or defeat.

Parallax
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:22 am

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by Parallax » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:52 am

Robterdam wrote:We got at least one confirmed case of cheating in the past
There is one thing... he wasn't confirmed in cheating :wink:

Robterdam
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:39 am

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by Robterdam » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:14 am

Parallax wrote:
Robterdam wrote:We got at least one confirmed case of cheating in the past
There is one thing... he wasn't confirmed in cheating :wink:

No confirrmtion? Then there was no cheating!

Lifever
Panzer Corps World Champion
Panzer Corps World Champion
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:35 pm

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by Lifever » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:52 am

NightPhoenix wrote:That roll was crazy, but less extraordinary than you might think. It actually has a roughly 0.1% chance of happening. Not winning the lottery in a long shot. ;)
Please read in context. I never said anything about you winning the lottery or anything. I said even the stuff I described happened in one turn could be like winning the lottery (which happens without cheating). So basically I back your point of view or vice versa.
What happens when 1:xxx or 1:xxxx is followed up by 1:xxx and then 1:xxx? What are "Lottery chances"? Yeah, I didn't specify on the exact kind of lottery if we want to be picky. We are not talking supernation-wide 100M-lottery.

You can calculate those %-wise and at the end you will only cement what I said earlier: Even before calculation - when it comes to numbers, I know what happens. It's not like the game is cryptic with that kind of information or it would be complicated to add it up.
Parallax wrote:
Robterdam wrote:We got at least one confirmed case of cheating in the past
There is one thing... he wasn't confirmed in cheating :wink:
That little salamander next to your name actually confuses people to stay in line no matter your status. So that's like a police uniform... ;)

What is confirmed in cheating? Is anybody ever confirmed in cheating? Like he himself records it on camera while commenting that he now is actually cheating - That kind of "confirmation"? Now that in legal process is no proper confirmation in some cases (for various reasons). So yeah... if you want to bounce it in that direction - it is not confirmed in a way where in reality nothing is ever 100% confirmed and never to everybody.

As I said - for what it may be worth in this part of virtual reality - I will sum up the matter when it is time to do so.
No need to obscure anything, it's all in this thread... and if we check that - your role is basically Rishats advocate. Glad you made it to the second trial. Now see.. if you are someones advocate, you should disclose this information beforehand. :)

AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine
Posts: 1488
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:22 pm

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by AlbertoC » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:59 am

We have been looking into the allegations with Goose, and discussed them internally.

Goose will soon make a ruling here but please let's not derange the thread and let's not get carried away.

Parallax
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:22 am

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by Parallax » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:55 am

Lifever wrote:No need to obscure anything, it's all in this thread... and if we check that - your role is basically Rishats advocate. Glad you made it to the second trial. Now see.. if you are someones advocate, you should disclose this information beforehand. :)
I'm not anyone's advocate, i just want to dig to the core. If Rishat is a cheater, give me facts and ban him. It's ok. But i don't want to read words like "highly likely" or "i can swear on a bible" or "he told me in private but i won't show you the screens".

But i can give tournament community insight about this "russian" who blame him. No one asks russian players to win at all costs. He is a troll, he is offender and he is a lier. He have some "fights" with other people on our local forum including Rishat. For his behavior, he was banned, but me and few other moderators vote to unban him. Now i regret about this decision, but mistake was made. Developers of this game know russian language and we can show them his comments, if this needed, they are opened for everyone. And this is a fact, not allegations

ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:04 pm

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by ClaireRedfieldU » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:53 am

But i can give tournament community insight about this "russian" who blame him. No one asks russian players to win at all costs. He is a troll, he is offender and he is a lier. He have some "fights" with other people on our local forum including Rishat. For his behavior, he was banned, but me and few other moderators vote to unban him. Now i regret about this decision, but mistake was made. Developers of this game know russian language and we can show them his comments, if this needed, they are opened for everyone. And this is a fact, not allegations[/quote]
LOL

Lifever
Panzer Corps World Champion
Panzer Corps World Champion
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:35 pm

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by Lifever » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:09 pm

Parallax wrote:But i can give tournament community insight about this "russian" who blame him. [...]
As you may see above: I just want this to be resolved and the nonsense to stop as it damages this tournament in a major way - or so I thought. You won't find a cry for ban from me as I call it down right in the middle although he is my opponent. I also spoke out on behalf of alexrus to get a broader time window. I don't want to win because anybody gets removed, but beat the best competition on a level playing field since (to my own surprise) I seem to be fit to do. The core of that nonsense has a root though and that root should have been plugged a long time ago as there will always be trouble from it.. Anybody with a little life experience knows that, but this is just personal opinion. People solemnly change if they go unpunished or get second chances for free. It sends the wrong signal and encourages to repeat.

Now about you obscuring things - Take a look from my side of the table: Suddenly you call Redfield "Russian" in quotation marks? He is "Billy" to you now. Is he actually called Billy? No, you just tore him down as in smart***. Now you say you knew about his Russian forum ban and grudge against fellow players, but asked to help him with "proof" you wanted to translate nonetheless? That appears biased and doesn't add up. The guy defended Rishat and was probably one of the reasons the decision of ban was reversed. He was very vocal before, speaking for Russians as a group with only Alexrus talking against it... causing the incident to blow up. He quit this tournament with just one loss after a win in Greece on his own accord. He confessed and bit the bullet. Now he is a "traitor" and wishes you all bad? That stinks... switching from "this is my loyal journeyman who helps my agenda" to "this is a traitor now, don't believe a word he says" damages your own credibility and makes you look weak (not like you personally, in general!). A major downside of mob mentality vs individuality.

The only thing questionable is that all Russian players cheat, but it's common to say "all" and mean "a lot". It's just a figure of speech, google or no google translator. And that's a statement that holds true for any kind of multiplayer game unfortunately (for all Russian who don't cheat and get therefore cheated by their own countrymen).

I get your perspective and I'm not saying you did anything with bad intentions. Most advocates don't do... which is also sort of a compliment as you talk some sense - no question about that! But then again: You are not even in the tournament... so what's your story?

Now let's just stay cool and see what happens next. No hard feelings (towards Parallax), all good.

I will keep my mouth shut from now on so this ebbs down here in the forum.

a432
OoB Tournament Winner
OoB Tournament Winner
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:27 pm

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by a432 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:25 pm

There is one thing... he wasn't confirmed in cheating :wink:
Rishat was banned for cheating by the admins of this tournament, He reloaded the same tournament game over 80 times. In addition he reloaded other tournament games at least twice per game with LONG periods of time between the reloads. All of the evidence for these statement of facts are in this forum. If that isn't confirmed cheating I don't know what is. It is very black and white. They reversed the ban for undisclosed reasons. My personal belief is that he and the other Russians complained loudly enough and that slitherine did not have the backbone to follow through with their initial decision. I only hope now they do.


Please stop trying to confuse people as to why rishat was banned initially.
Last edited by a432 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Parallax
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:22 am

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by Parallax » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:46 pm

Lifever wrote:Is he actually called Billy?
This is local russian meme from old soviet pirate cartoon. We use it when we doubt someone's words
Lifever wrote:But then again: You are not even in the tournament... so what's your story?
I'm just a moderator of a small local turn-based strategy forum. I'm the one, who introduced people with first 2 slitherine tournaments on our forum and my main mission is to expand local russian TBS community
Lifever wrote:Now let's just stay cool and see what happens next. No hard feelings (towards Parallax), all good.
I hope we'll find the truth and developers will help us with it.
Last edited by Parallax on Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply

Return to “Panzer Corps”