Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

Lifever
Panzer Corps World Champion

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by Lifever » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:25 pm

AMDonline wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:42 pm
why are you replying to him with seriousness Lifever, he is just spewing lies and fantasies
Behind all the hardhitting strategic madness I am an optimistic dreamer at heart.
That part never wants to ignore people if they adress me personally... in hope for that one instance when you feed an ugly troll all those healthy nutrients and it turns into a giant, beautiful butterfly - in an explosion!
In Keens case that butterly may still have red wings, hammer and sickle for legs though.

Keen
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Keen » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:39 pm

Lifever wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:25 pm
I just hope you will play one match against me if you win the tournament. ok?

Lifever

Post by Lifever » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:18 pm

Keen wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:03 pm
If you want we can organize command tournament.
The russian players from our forum against the world best players command.

What do you think about that? Will you play?
It's very nice to put me in the center of an international feud. I guess you could count that as a sign of respect behind all the other stuff or you are a real WWII-geek and seek a chance to battle "the guy from Austria" with Panzers..
I won't defend the honor of the "world" against a single nation. Do you even remotely get how sick that thought is in a WWII game no less?

The problem is: We can't start new tournaments all year long just to get to the point where a Russian wins one of those. Your favorites are out... you have to deal with that. As the greatest strategy player of the world you better devise a strategy to deal with those issues.
I also have doubts that anybody else would want to play the "Russian front". Have you had any success on the playgrounds by going to the other kids "I am the best and I will beat you... wanna play?" :D "Oh, you don't! You are stupid and losers.."
You have to make it appealing for others to play you.. and rewarding, so you got that all wrong.

Your logic of players who are not in the tournament including you is also faulty. Because by that logic you could say that last years winner doesn't count since some top players of this year were not in it. And he lost! So what? He's top in my book.
That's what I tried to tell you above... It doesn't matter why you are not in: you are not in and therefor you are not the winner and not "the best" in the official tournament of this year. And whatever you come up with: For Panzer Corps it won't get any bigger than the official tournament.
The questions are: Did you show up, did you endure one year of playing one game every month (!) and did you deliver when you showed up? That's the "achievement" you play for here...

Besides - just to have said it once: I don't care for all that nationality crap. And it's crap, man, real crap. The only reason you are "Russians" to me is because you always bring that up yourself, which - as I told you before - makes you look weak. A strong individual doesn't need to hide behind a flag. A flag never did anything for me... apart from looking nice in the wind. If I bring up being Austrian, it's just as a trademark or comedic relief since the country is so small and I am the only one from it here... it's obviously ironic - That's it. We are all humans on the same planet we collectively destroy. It's enough of a problem there... don't need no loyalty to any flag to make it worse once again.

So to make it simple: If you want a Russian to win something Panzer Corps this year, you have to play just among Russians... or make it appealing to me to close camp here and freeze my butt off in Siberia, because otherwise no Russian is going to win on my watch, buddy. :)
That's what you wanted to hear, there you go! (You are not going to abduct me to some secret underground panzer corps command base, now are you..?)

Enjoy the rest of the weekend... :)

Lifever

Post by Lifever » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:19 pm

Keen wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:39 pm
Lifever wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:25 pm
I just hope you will play one match against me if you win the tournament. ok?
All you have to do is ask nice. :)

Regards

Keen
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Keen » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:04 pm

Lifever wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:18 pm
It doesn't matter why you are not in: you are not in and therefor you are not the winner and not "the best" in the official tournament of this year. And whatever you come up with: For Panzer Corps it won't get any bigger than the official tournament.
I know my strength, the rest doesn't matter for me. People like to entertain themselves with official titles but not me.
Real abilities are more important than any title.
Lifever wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:18 pm
Besides - just to have said it once: I don't care for all that nationality crap. And it's crap, man, real crap. The only reason you are "Russians" to me is because you always bring that up yourself, which - as I told you before - makes you look weak. A strong individual doesn't need to hide behind a flag.
I am not russian, and i am cosmopolitan, so i understand you.
Lifever wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:19 pm
All you have to do is ask nice. :)
Ok! :D

Indywise
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Indywise » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:57 am

Indywise Vs Gilgul,

Indywise wins as Germans Turn 18
Gilgul wins as Germans Turn 22

Both were good games and felt close the whole way through - I'm just happy to survive another round!

ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by ClaireRedfieldU » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:40 am

Crazy Keen calm down already, rishat was disqualified for constant insults of the tournament organizer (goose 2 very long tolerated this), rishat called this tournament dirty, dirty here only Russian players. I know how to play rishat I know how to play keen-persistent problems with the Internet, we press to surrender and see the map.
All Russian players with whom I spoke cheats

ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by ClaireRedfieldU » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:57 am

The tournament between the Russians and the rest of the world, I did not see any more stupid ideas. Keen went crazy. Do not pay any attention to him.

ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by ClaireRedfieldU » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:10 am

I ask you to check the reboots of the player Ins07 since Norway. I advised Ins07 how to quickly reboot and remain undetected. I do not know did Ins07 reboot, just check it.
I propose to prohibit all Russian players from participating in future tournaments.

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:25 pm

I am for anyone who wants to organize any tournament from any country...I have always been for the increase of the people who play and enjoy this game...

So please organize anything any way you see fit...but this tournament was allowed to be set up by me, and I would like the topic to remain about this tournament.

Thank You
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ

Muwattali
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Muwattali » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:11 am

Muwattali vs. Yogi

Muwattali won as Axis on turn 18
Yogi won as Axis on turn 15
So Yoki is the winner and am defeated in this tournament
It was a fast and furious game.
Thanks to Goose för Organizing this Tournament. I Laster longer thank I expected. Hope to See all of you in an Tournament again

Gwaylare
Panzer Corps Tournament 3rd Place

Post by Gwaylare » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:46 pm

Gwaylare vs Lifever

Lifever won as Axis on turn 12.
Gwaylare won as Axis on turn 14.
So now it is just Lifever without any star. Congratulations to you, but this does mean that you are the winner already. I will do my very best to may be have another game with you before I get two additional stars.

That was a great and intensive game with fast offensives towards moskow. For a long time the game was quite balanced, but Lifevers defence was really strong and my germans suffered to much losses. In the later turns I did to many mistakes.

Thanks a lot especially for respecting my holidays, I hope we will see again on the battlefield.

Best regards
Gwaylare
Last edited by Gwaylare on Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by ClaireRedfieldU » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:04 pm

APPEAL TO THE ORGANIZER OF THE TOURNAMENT PANZER CORPS 2018 GOOSE_2.
I ask you to check the game ins07 starting with Norway. One violation entails an immediate disqualification of the player.
Thank you.

goose_2

Post by goose_2 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:31 pm

OK we have 1 last pairing left to report before I can set up for Round 8 where the last 25 participants will be facing off...

The final 25...

All of you that have made it this far should feel extremely proud for surviving this grueling crucible...

You are the best of 2018!

Which means I am not. :cry: :cry: :cry:

So excited to see how this insanity all comes to a head :D
goose_2

woken
Panzer Corps Tournament 2nd Place
Panzer Corps Tournament 2nd Place

Post by woken » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:03 pm

Battle Report: Rush to Moscow

Alfredoallu, through competence and a complete understanding of this scenario, has defeated me. He exposed my lack of preparation and a serious blunder I made in the 1st round. He also correctly analyzed my strategy and sent a bf109 deep into the fog of war and sure enough on the next turn intercepted and destroyed my bomber (Unexpected Encounter) on route to a critical mission. He reminded me of myself at my best. Congratulations Alfredoallu !

goose_2

Post by goose_2 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:52 pm

woken wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:03 pm

Alfredoallu, through competence and a complete understanding of this scenario, has defeated me. He exposed my lack of preparation and a serious blunder I made in the 1st round. He also correctly analyzed my strategy and sent a bf109 deep into the fog of war and sure enough on the next turn intercepted and destroyed my bomber (Unexpected Encounter) on route to a critical mission. He reminded me of myself at my best. Congratulations Alfredoallu !

Thanks for being so magnanimous...This was the last battle left to report...I have family stuff tonight but hopefully will get time before I go to bed to post official results (That can be reviewed and corrected)

So then tomorrow...Kiev can start!!!
goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:48 pm

All right these are the official results:

Please let me know of any corrections:

Winners Both sides
hansstory **
A432 *
SSIGeneral **
Mkoki77 *

won as Axis better than their opponent
Ins07 *
DCK **
paulwalvoord **
Riker **
NightPhoenix **
coombes545 *
PAK_Paule **
Indywise **
jimthechip *
Yoky **
Lifever
alfredoallu *

Won because of problems with opponent
pelocho08 **
Ratprince **
sn0wball **

Loser Both sides
Signum **
Urban **

won as Axis just not better than their opponent
rag116 **
fcastrotello **
Gwaylare *
woken **

These 25 names above have made it through a 7 Round crucible to winnow the field down to the top 25 players of 2018
Congratulations! You are all to be commended.

Below, sorry guys we almost made it... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Lost and are eliminated from the Tournament 3 losses
armstein ***
texasboy ***
drkjell ***
Tschemo ***
DeaconBlue ***
goose_2 ***
alexrus ***
treacypr ***
Cougarranger ***
agentj23 ***
gilgul ***
Muwattali ***
Warhomer ***

I will be working hard to make upcoming matches for Kiev.
goose_2

goose_2

Round 8 Kiev Match Ups

Post by goose_2 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:06 am

HERE IT IS!!!

The final 25 participants, and for the first time I am starting to wrap my mind how this could end...

Since Lifever has gotten through the first 7 match ups unscathed he will place somewhere on the podium, but first he has a few more players to weed through in order to secure that top spot for sure.

First match up is:

This side sets up the match vs This side accepts
Lifever vs Ins07 *
Whoever wins this match up faces the winner of the below match up in Round 9 Stalingrad

Mkoki77 * vs A432 *
Again whoever wins the above match up faces off the winner of the top bracket.

This leaves these 4 competitors left with a single star
Gwaylare * vs alfredoallu *
coombes545 * vs jimthechip *
The 2 winners will face each other to see who faces the top bracket winner in Round 10 Italy.

Yep, that's right folks Round 10 will be going west for an Italian face off. Get ready now.
If Lifever survives winning unscathed after Round 10 Italy, he will go down as the UNDISPUTED #1 CHAMPION of 2018
Maybe of all time, because I cannot conceive of a way to top this tournament in all seriousness.

So you are warned now, there are 3 match ups left to try and but a dent in Lifever's unsullied record, otherwise he will be undefeated.
I know Ins07 has an entire country rooting for him.

The rest of you are still in this to win this and still have an opportunity to place somewhere on the podium, I know I wish I was still among you, but in a small way I still can be... (I will explain)

Here are the remaining match ups
This side sets up the match vs This side accepts
hansstory ** vs DCK **
SSIGeneral ** vs woken **
paulwalvoord ** vs Riker **
sn0wball ** vs Yoky **
pelocho08 ** vs Indywise **
Urban ** vs fcastrotello **
PAK_Paule ** vs Ratprince **
Signum ** vs rag116 **

NightPhoenix ** needed to withdraw, so pelocho08 ** will be fighting Indywise **

Either way same rules apply:

No reloading as always...

Players should be playing both sides subsequently and you will have until Monday September 3rd, 2018 to complete your match so I can set up Round 9. (Stalingrad)

Please everyone accept the challenge by Thursday, August 9th so you can get started and get enough time to finish the match.

Again the Rules for winning:

How do you win a scenario?
Winning conditions will be based on the following:
1) Who wins the match up first. IE: You are playing your opponent and you get the last victory Objective on Turn 12, they do it on Turn 13 You win because you were faster.

2) If you both win on the same day, then it will be determined based on who has the most 2ndary Objectives. IE: You both win on Turn 12, but you have 4 2ndary Objectives and your opponent has only 3. You win because you took over and held more stuff.

3) If you both win on the same day and have the same number of 2ndary Objectives. It will come down to who ends with the most prestige to determine the winner. IE: You both win on the same day and with same number of objectives taken, but you have 500 in prestige and they have 499, you win because of your asset management.

So...If both opponents lose as the Germans, (not going to happen) but than it will come down to how much territory the Germans were able to maintain.
Starting with Primary Objectives:

1) You have 3 Primary and your opponent has 2 Primary...You win.
If those are the same...
2) It will then come down to 2ndary Objectives. You and your opponent both have 2 Primary Objectives, but you have 1 2ndary and your opponent has none. You win.
If those are the same...
3) If those end up being the same, the 3rd condition will be a little different, it will come down to how many surviving units you have on the map, not prestige.
So, you have 2 Primary and your opponent has 2 Primary and you both have no 2ndary Objectives, but you have 5 units remaining, 4 infantry and 1 tank, and your opponent has 4, 2 tanks and 2 inf...you win.

Let me know if there are any questions.

Blessings on your match ups, and as always...Stay Lutheran My Friends!

Last edited by goose_2 on Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goose_2

ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by ClaireRedfieldU » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:32 am

Lifever, be careful, ins07 trained with rishat, they stopped talking publicly in the Russian forum. While I can not help.

Alfredoallu

Post by Alfredoallu » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:58 pm

woken wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:03 pm

It was an interesting battle, good luck in your next encounter.

Return to “Panzer Corps”