Panzer Corps Tournament 2020

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by ClaireRedfieldU »

A432 I know the reason why rishat escaped the first punishment, I'm afraid to say it in public access, can I write to you in private messages?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

ClaireRedfieldU this is a warning. You have presented no evidence to support your comments. You have been banned from other forums for your behaviour. We know you also post as Zitz on a Russian speaking forum from which you were banned for your behaviour after a disagreement with Rishat.

So far our internal review has only turned up the fact that you reported your results incorrectly for your match, so the only evidence of wrong doing we have is from you.
ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by ClaireRedfieldU »

ClaireRedfieldU this is a warning. You have presented no evidence to support your comments. You have been banned from other forums for your behaviour. We know you also post as Zitz on a Russian speaking forum from which you were banned for your behaviour after a disagreement with Rishat.

Did Alexander provide this information to you? then I'm not surprised.
a432
OoB Tournament Winner
OoB Tournament Winner

Post by a432 »

I have received my PM from ClaireRedfieldU. According to him there is a personal relationship between rishat and caca15, they are friends. Caca15 is a person of value because "he translates the game into Russian for slitherin".

Also there is a personal relationship between caca15 and "one of the Russian developers of the game panser corps named Alexander". When the cheating incident happened caca15 put in a good word to the Developer named Alexander on rishat behalf.

This is saying the only reason rishat has his ban removed was due to a connection to one of the slitherine developer through caca15.

I don't know any of these people caca15, the developer named alexander.

We know that there is disagreement between ClaireRedfieldU and rishat obviously his comments must be view with a close eye. They all could be lies, but there may be some truths in the lies. However so to does the past need to be appealed and revisited and looked with a close eye. We know rishat committed infractions in the past and was banned, his banned was overturned without any reason given. Why is that? What are we left to believe?
Bob Dylan
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Bob Dylan »

ClaireRedfieldU wrote:
Parallax wrote:But i can give tournament community insight about this "russian" who blame him. No one asks russian players to win at all costs. He is a troll, he is offender and he is a lier. He have some "fights" with other people on our local forum including Rishat. For his behavior, he was banned, but me and few other moderators vote to unban him. Now i regret about this decision, but mistake was made. Developers of this game know russian language and we can show them his comments, if this needed, they are opened for everyone. And this is a fact, not allegations
LOL
We see how the troll gets its lulz.
His task is to break the community, sow doubts.
And we see how it succeeds.
sn0wball
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by sn0wball »

Again, I see no point in this discussion. It certainly doesn´t belong in this thread, the users are no jury. Resolve the issue internally and then have goose make a decision. This isn´t a trial, he is no judge, but a referee. I don´t want any type of "evidence" posted here, I don´t need to see any. Even this discussion devalues the tournament.
a432
OoB Tournament Winner
OoB Tournament Winner

Post by a432 »

In other news I have to report on the results of a432 vs sn0wball.

I a432 have won both allied and axis sides.

On allied side I won turn 15 by eliminating all Germans units and cities.
On Axis side I won turn 22 in the same method.

For my strategy on the allied side I took a page from the character Zapp Brannigan from the TV show Futurama. Below is a quote that was very accurate to how I played.

"You see, killbots (Germans) have a preset kill limit (ammo). Knowing their weakness, I (Russia) sent wave after wave of my own men at them until they reached their limit and shut down (surrender)." - Captain Zap Brannigan

The Germans just do not have enough bullets to kill all my conscripts. Think of the movie "starship troopers" as well, it was basically that.

For the axis side it was a very slow and careful advance. However I would of won on turn 19 but snowball cleverly hid a unit in the swamp and re-took Brest, resulting is a mad dash back to the west.
Attachments
barbrossaallied3.jpg
barbrossaallied3.jpg (577.52 KiB) Viewed 4059 times
barbrossaallied2.jpg
barbrossaallied2.jpg (586.11 KiB) Viewed 4059 times
barbrossaallied.jpg
barbrossaallied.jpg (642.41 KiB) Viewed 4059 times
Last edited by a432 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a432
OoB Tournament Winner
OoB Tournament Winner

Post by a432 »

axis pics
Attachments
barbrossaxis3.jpg
barbrossaxis3.jpg (580.68 KiB) Viewed 4058 times
barbrossaxis2.jpg
barbrossaxis2.jpg (585.23 KiB) Viewed 4058 times
barbrossaxis.jpg
barbrossaxis.jpg (658.33 KiB) Viewed 4058 times
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

We have looked at the data and there is nothing suspicious about Rishat's games. I have no idea who he/she is and am responisble for making the call on whether to ban him/her or not. The idea that there is some personal relationship that is helping to avoid a ban is ridiculous. We would ban anyone who is cheating. We have even banned our own developers for breaking forum rules. There is no favoritism.
sn0wball

Post by sn0wball »

a432 wrote:In other news I have to report on the results of a432 vs sn0wball.

I a432 have won both allied and axis sides.

On allied side I won turn 15 by eliminating all Germans units and cities.
On Axis side I won turn 22 in the same method.
Great report, I only wish it wasn´t about me. :)

Against these very soviet-like tactics (waves upon waves of expendable recruits backed by cheap artillery) of A432 I never stood a chance.
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

Full Disclosure:
I am just some dude from Iowa who wanted to host a Tournament around my favorite and only game I play.
Beyond my wildest dreams this has grown into something bigger than I could have even hoped or imagined.
We had more participants in this tournament than in any other Slitherine sponsored event.

I felt elated...

The Second Round it was brought to my attention that a certain unnamed player, I would like to note that I have never publically accused anyone of anything, was caught reuploading rounds and therefore cheating.

It was decided to let this player continue playing, with the caveat that if there was anymore evidence of reuploading that it would be automatic dismissal.

There have been no more reports from Administration about reuploads, and only sporadic admittance from various players of computer problems that led to the necessity of a reupload, this has happened even with me. (The game can be wonky like that)

If the administrators have evidence of reuploads they have informed me that they will simply tell me that the player is no longer allowed to continue.

This has not happened.

All other players that have dropped out without the 3rd elimination dropped out for various reasons, including ClaireRedfieldU.

So now after dropping out, ClaireRedfieldU, comes back to again accuse, Rishat of cheating that he has admitted privately to him.
No evidence, just a willingness to be banned himself.

These are the facts...now here is where I come from...the rest is my opinion.

I am a man, and as a man, I hate to lose. I lost to Rishat, I did not like that, but it seemed fair as some rolls went his way, and some went mine. That seemed like a legitimate loss on my part. (If he had to cheat to beat me than that is on him, but I do not think he did, I was just outplayed.)

I am losing currently to Urban, again I hate it. I hate to lose, but again it appears legit. (If Urban had to cheat to beat me that is on him)

As a man of integrity I am accepting these losses and moving forward.

This is a game, and up until this Tournament, the multiplayer side of it was my favorite part of the game, unfortunately this has now changed.

It is discouraging to see all of this slandering, deceitfulness, and maliciousness over a game. This is a game that is meant to be played for fun and enjoyment. I will continue to play enjoying the game for what it is.

So if you need to cheat to win you are no winner. You may get your prize, you may get your icon, but you are a loser nevertheless. So anyone that wants to continue operating that way, be my guest, you can have the trophy, you win, I do not care, because this is a game, and I have 8 other things in my life that are vastly more important than this. They are why I do what I do. They are what brings me my true joy and happiness on this earth. My 8 children and wonderful marriage to my beautiful wife. I am able to enjoy these things because my broken relationship with the God who created all of us has been reconciled in Christ and I know that I have received this because I am a baptized forgiven child of God. That is what matters.

This is a game that I tried to bring my joy to as well. Many of you helped share in that joy, and I have met a ton of great people through this forum and through the multiplayer side of this game. Truly great people. (Not all of them Lutheran, unfortunately.) 8)

The Administrators have gotten back to me and let me know nothing funny has taken place on anyone's part; their word is final and we will continue this tournament with whoever wants to stick around.

The consensus seems to be in for Round 7 to be Rush to Moscow.
Round 8 to be Kiev.
Round 9 to be Stalingrad. (No playing Moscow 41)

My hope and prayer was to make it to Stalingrad, so we shall see if I can do this and who will join me in this campaign.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
Lifever
Panzer Corps World Champion
Panzer Corps World Champion

Post by Lifever »

goose_2 wrote:The Second Round it was brought to my attention that a certain unnamed player, I would like to note that I have never publically accused anyone of anything, was caught reuploading rounds and therefore cheating.

It was decided to let this player continue playing, with the caveat that if there was anymore evidence of reuploading that it would be automatic dismissal.
[...]
The Administrators have gotten back to me and let me know nothing funny has taken place on anyone's part; their word is final and we will continue this tournament with whoever wants to stick around.
Amen to that (coming from a non-Lutheran ;) ).

And glad "nothing was proven"-notion is cleared up, because that turnaround would indeed have been a gamebreaker for me.
If anybody took that video as a trigger to spill nonsense - not cool.
IronCouncil
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by IronCouncil »

goose_2 wrote:Full Disclosure:
[...]

There have been no more reports from Administration about reuploads, and only sporadic admittance from various players of computer problems that led to the necessity of a reupload, this has happened even with me. (The game can be wonky like that)

If the administrators have evidence of reuploads they have informed me that they will simply tell me that the player is no longer allowed to continue.

This has not happened.

These are the facts...

[...]

This is a game that I tried to bring my joy to as well. Many of you helped share in that joy, and I have met a ton of great people through this forum and through the multiplayer side of this game. Truly great people.

Cheers to that (coming from an Atheist).

My vote is for more fun, less bullshit. Less "fake news", more rock ... ! One could also think about Egoncentrism or Narcissim, in general, please do not freak out. Have a nice Cup Of Joe (=coffee cures everything) instead, play some more Panzer Corps afterwards. That's all there is to it ...
“[...] War endures. [...] War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way.”
- C. McCarthy, Blood Meridian
IronCouncil

Post by IronCouncil »

*Egocentrism / *Narcissism (Pardon me, not used to write those words in english. Haha)
“[...] War endures. [...] War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way.”
IronCouncil

Post by IronCouncil »

And always remember: Loosing is fun, too!
Attachments
58901916eb4f6594cce04a95d838a968.gif
58901916eb4f6594cce04a95d838a968.gif (1.17 MiB) Viewed 3955 times
dalecoop-850x510.jpg
dalecoop-850x510.jpg (40.95 KiB) Viewed 3955 times
Hansstory
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Hansstory »

Barbarossa match results dolphin0810 ** vs hansstory **;

Dolphin0810 surrenders both games on Turn 7.

Good game dolphin. Cheers.
TopGun1
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by TopGun1 »

Great tourny even though I was eliminated, there will always be people who have to resort to tactics as stated above to win but they will always be found out anyway. Goose keep up the great work and see you next tourny, you are doing a great job.
TopGun
ratprince
Panzer Corps Tournament 5th Place
Panzer Corps Tournament 5th Place

Post by ratprince »

My battles versus Modrigo have ended.

Ratprince won as German on turn 19

Ratprince won as Soviet on turn 19

Good games, both, to Modrigo.

Loooking forward to next round!

PS - excellent tournament Goose. Ignore all the trolls and B.S. Just keep pressing on.

Ratprince
Indywise
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Indywise »

I have conceded defeat to Mkoki77 in both of our games - I took a real beating.

Good luck to Mkoki in the next round.

With regard to the tournament, I have to agree with Ratprince - the tournament has been fantastic and you deserve every credit.

I have played 6 games against 6 great opponents, and win or lose I have enjoyed every round - when until this tournament I had never played multiplayer once, and had only owned the game a month! It's been a great experience that I wouldn't have otherwise had.

As for the few negatives that inevitably come along for the ride whenever a large group of people are involved in something - if you'll forgive me for paraphrasing a pop icon "Haters gonna hate", you've just got to "Shake it off".
Muwattali

Post by Muwattali »

Muwattali vs Netballman

Muwattali won as Axis in turn 16
Netballman won as Axis in turn 19

Thank you Netballman it was a hard and fair fight!

Return to “Panzer Corps”