Turning Auxiliary Unit to Core

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

valhain
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Turning Auxiliary Unit to Core

Post by valhain » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:01 pm

As it says on the tin really.
I've been playing GTPG 1.16 and it seems you can purchase Slovak units (for example) between scenarios but they won't be part of the core army, which is a same considering I've been creating a couple and adding heroes to boot.

So the question is simple: How can I convert an auxiliary unit into a core one, or recuit it directly as core?

Thank's for the help in advance!

captainjack
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Re: Turning Auxiliary Unit to Core

Post by captainjack » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:13 pm

There was a question on this a while back, and it appears to be impossible to convert aux to core and back.

I believe you need to edit the campaign file to set the nations that can be purchased. There should be some earlier discussions on this from roughly a year ago.
Another option is to edit the scenario files to create unique Slovak auxiliary units as these can be carried over between scenarios (think the captured Panzer 3N in US corps). This would allow you to carry them over until a Slovak presence no longer makes sense.

As always, backup before editing is strongly recommended - I had to reinstall recently due to an oversight.

valhain

Post by valhain » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:40 am

captainjack wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:13 pm
There was a question on this a while back, and it appears to be impossible to convert aux to core and back.

I believe you need to edit the campaign file to set the nations that can be purchased. There should be some earlier discussions on this from roughly a year ago.
Another option is to edit the scenario files to create unique Slovak auxiliary units as these can be carried over between scenarios (think the captured Panzer 3N in US corps). This would allow you to carry them over until a Slovak presence no longer makes sense.

As always, backup before editing is strongly recommended - I had to reinstall recently due to an oversight.
Many thanks for this! Any idea which campaign file is it? Mind you it is not one of the Pz or DLC but GTPG 1.16 from @nikivdd

captainjack
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by captainjack » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:35 pm

In the data folder, campaign.pzdat. If you search the forum there are some previous posts on this (which is why I know this).

I use Excel to open this as it keeps the formatting better, but Notepad works. There will be a list of nation codes above the scenario tree. I would provide more precise info but I'm having some Microsoft issues so can't get convenient access (I haven't yet convinced the machine that I'm entitled to a full version of Office).

guille1434
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by guille1434 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:22 am

Hello!
Yes, you have to edit the campaign.pzdat file, and it is best to do it with excel or any other compatible spreadsheet software... I am attaching two screen captures, which show where you have to changes values. There is a cell under the one called "Nations", in this you will see commonly one figure (usually 0 = Germany), so you have to add the Slovak nation to this cell, making this nation a "core" nation for the campaign in question. the different values must be separated by a comma, and you can add (I think) a maximum of five nations. Also in case that in the map you are going to play there is no Slovak flags to purchase units from that nation, you have to enable the "share flags" option to be able to purchase Slovak units in German flagged hexes and vice-versa. The nation number eleven is, as you probably guessed, Slovakia. So nation 0,11in the campaign.pzdat file means that your core army can be formed by units from those two nations.

Cheers!
Attachments
Campaign1.pzdat.png
Campaign1.pzdat.png (18.63 KiB) Viewed 713 times
Campaign2.pzdat.png
Campaign2.pzdat.png (19.17 KiB) Viewed 713 times

Return to “Panzer Corps”