Why No Pacific Campaign?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

mbara33
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Why No Pacific Campaign?

Post by mbara33 »

Does anybody know why there has never been a US/Japanese Pacific campaign for this game? Is there a mod somewhere? Just FYI I'm using Windows 7.

Mike
wolkenwand
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Why No Pacific Campaign?

Post by wolkenwand »

I have been thinking about this myself, maybe because the game's title is panzer corps? I dont really know about ww2 history but in pacific war the one involved there is japan and US, so there are no german means no panzer corps.
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

There are/[have been] two Pacific Mods, in the Scenario Design subForum.

iJA
viewtopic.php?f=147&t=34529

USMC
viewtopic.php?f=147&t=30156

I am not sure if their links still work, but people have been posting there the last couple of months.
Mainly for help.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
Kasperlzhang
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Kasperlzhang »

IMHO the pacific theater was much more about ships than panzers, and PzC is not very good at simulating naval warfare.
glaude1955
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by glaude1955 »

Hello,

DMP did very good mods for Panzer Corps.

https://www.designmodproject.de/en/panz ... ifik-korps

Regards

Yves
proline
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by proline »

As others have said, PzC is weak in navy. It can still be fun, however. Orkney Islands and Reykyavik are two great naval scenarios from the Sealion campaign pack. So they still could have made Pacific Corps if they wanted to. Some suggest that they were trying to somehow protect Order of Battle which has Pacific content but is much inferior to PzC in other respects. PzC2 will feature much improved naval warfare so I can guarantee there will be an insurrection if they don't deliver some good naval content!
Erasermarek
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Erasermarek »

Whole Panzer Corps is about fight for Germany or against Germans (Soviet have one mission vs. Japs in fact)... Pacific theatre dont fit to this.

If you want great Pacific warfare try Order of Battle.
Epperaliant
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Epperaliant »

In what is order of battle inferior to pzc?
proline

Post by proline »

Erasermarek wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:47 am Whole Panzer Corps is about fight for Germany or against Germans (Soviet have one mission vs. Japs in fact)... Pacific theatre dont fit to this.

If you want great Pacific warfare try Order of Battle.
There are at least eight official scenarios that don't involve the Germans. The two USSR vs. Japan ones do indeed suck, as do the two USA vs. UK one, but the other 4 are decent.
Last edited by proline on Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kasperlzhang

Post by Kasperlzhang »

USA vs UK? What is that, some drill mission?
proline

Post by proline »

Kasperlzhang wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:29 am USA vs UK? What is that, some drill mission?
There are two such scenarios- "Formation" and "Achnacarry", both part of US Corps 42.
Kasperlzhang

Post by Kasperlzhang »

proline wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:44 am
Kasperlzhang wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:29 am USA vs UK? What is that, some drill mission?
There are two such scenarios- "Formation" and "Achnacarry", both part of US Corps 42.
Ah, I have never been able to bring myself to play anything but the GC, although I have purchased all the DLCs on both PC and iPad long long ago.

I guess it is much more interesting to play as the losing side, changing history is always more satisfying than repeating it.
Erasermarek
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Erasermarek »

Are you completly sure it is USA versus UK ??? :shock: :shock:

Never mind... its just drill mission. I dont count to this something like that.
huckc
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by huckc »

Pacific General was pretty popular among fans. I understand it also had Germans in at least one what-if scenario but my memory is faded and there are no campaign trees on the internet that I can find from a brief search.

The Panzer Corps game engine would probably need to be updated to flesh out naval combat like in that game, among other things.
proline

Post by proline »

Erasermarek wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:59 am
In Panzer Corps, when you die in a drill you stay dead. For all intents and purposes its not a drill. :)
Erasermarek
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Erasermarek »

proline wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:27 pm
Erasermarek wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:59 am
In Panzer Corps, when you die in a drill you stay dead. For all intents and purposes its not a drill. :)
You are right :) Its a drill with counted casaulty :D
Edgewalker
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Edgewalker »

proline wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:17 am As others have said, PzC is weak in navy. It can still be fun, however. Orkney Islands and Reykyavik are two great naval scenarios from the Sealion campaign pack. So they still could have made Pacific Corps if they wanted to. Some suggest that they were trying to somehow protect Order of Battle which has Pacific content but is much inferior to PzC in other respects. PzC2 will feature much improved naval warfare so I can guarantee there will be an insurrection if they don't deliver some good naval content!
As I play both games I can say neither is inferior

PZC has:
- much better scenario variety and more scenarios overall
- separate tracker for ammo and fuel for each unit
- better spotting mechanics
- bigger player base
- random (dice-based) combat

OOB has:
- proper supply lines
- efficiency statistic (combat fatigue & disruption level)
- better air and naval combat (air is disputable but naval is really superb)
- better graphics and animations
- predictible (not dice-based) combat

I speak only for multiplayer as single player never interested me a bit
proline

Post by proline »

Edgewalker wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:09 pm As I play both games I can say neither is inferior

PZC has:
- bigger player base
That's because it's vastly better. I mean if these games were in different categories like one being strategy and one being real-time shooter, you could argue that popularity is affected by the size of the target audience. But since they're literally both WW2 turn-based board games they appeal to the exact same demographic and that demographic has spoken.
Edgewalker
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Edgewalker »

proline wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:29 pm
Edgewalker wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:09 pm As I play both games I can say neither is inferior

PZC has:
- bigger player base
That's because it's vastly better. I mean if these games were in different categories like one being strategy and one being real-time shooter, you could argue that popularity is affected by the size of the target audience. But since they're literally both WW2 turn-based board games they appeal to the exact same demographic and that demographic has spoken.
Following that poor man's logic Decisive Campaigns and Grigsby series are infinately worse cause they have smaller player base then simpler, strategy-lite likes PZC.
Maybe in your world bigger group of people nodding heads behind your back makes you right, hardly suprising, just don't expect me to tag along.
proline

Post by proline »

Edgewalker wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:40 pm
proline wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:29 pm

PZC has:
- bigger player base
Following that poor man's logic Decisive Campaigns and Grigsby series are infinately worse cause they have smaller player base then simpler, strategy-lite likes PZC.
Maybe in your world bigger group of people nodding heads behind your back makes you right, hardly suprising, just don't expect me to tag along.
Conversely, the fact that there's one guy out there who says he loves game X does not make game X good. It simply makes it good in that one guy's mind. Hell there's someone out there who loves Panzer Strategy and that game is an awful Russian rip-off. Cream rises to the top- if you make 10 games that appeal to the exact same group of people they'll end up playing the best of those 10. (And as I said before, I'm not talking about comparing games that appeal to different demographics where the demographics are different sizes.)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/7699 ... _Strategy/

Return to “Panzer Corps”