Grand Campaign West.

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

stormbringer3
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Grand Campaign West.

Post by stormbringer3 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:34 pm

I decided to take a break from the East and started the West. I'm beginning Gironde. Right now I have 4 infantry. Unlike in the East, there are no more infantry coming at all. How many infantry units are a good number to have since I'll have to build them instead of other types?
Thanks for any opinions.

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Re: Grand Campaign West.

Post by goose_2 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:44 pm

4 Infantry is what I ended my Blind playthrough on GC WEst 42/43 on Guderian level. I started with 1 Oleh Dir. (I do not recommend.)

But if you have 4 it should do you well. You will eventually need more but 4 is a good starting point, I think
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ

Buffalohump
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Buffalohump » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:56 pm

I just checked my last play through save. I was playing at Rommel difficulty. I brought 4 over from the east. All together counting the two conscript units I have 6. By Eindhoven I have 9 with one being a zero exp bridge unit that I needed some where. Infantry works great in a lot of the defensive scenarios if you pick your ground well and support properly. Regards.

IttoOgami
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by IttoOgami » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:21 am

stormbringer3 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:34 pm
I decided to take a break from the East and started the West. I'm beginning Gironde. Right now I have 4 infantry. Unlike in the East, there are no more infantry coming at all. How many infantry units are a good number to have since I'll have to build them instead of other types?
Thanks for any opinions.
I think its useful to have about six.

IMO infantry is very useful in the endgame (east and west) for securing position, sniping tanks in bad terrain, and they are more resistant against the endless fleets of allied aircraft. In my current playthrough I made the mistake to ditch SE infantry units totally in favor of tanks. Thus, I don't have enough experienced infantry in my game.

Return to “Panzer Corps”