Questions about Steam achievements

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

IttoOgami
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Questions about Steam achievements

Post by IttoOgami » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:42 pm

I love this game ever since my first hours. And I will only let it rest if I have my last steam achievements on it (maybe, and I still have to go through a full "battlefield europe", after that.
Currently I have 73 of 80.

There are four that are puzzling me:

30 multiplayer games: I think I have done this, but it doesn't seem to work. I notice that older done games are relatively quickly erased from the tier. So its hard to keep track, and do you need to have 30 games at once on the tier?

Anti-Aircraft/Fighter Elite: They seem impossibly hard to do because after 3rd star, both fighters and Anti-Air hardly gain experience. I used 8.8 a lot, on the ground also, as far I was possible. I am currently doing a GC west and I thought I would have it in the bag with one 8.8, but now I am 2 scenarios near the end. I need still about 70 experience points, and its, like, simply not possible? Even if the AA shoots fighters off the air like crazy, I only get 1 exp. for it at this time. I mostly play Field Marshal, shall I try a lower difficulty?

Italian Victory: I did it on AK on the shorter path (with Tunisia in the end). I am pretty sure I didn't buy any german unit, I even doublechecked the save games. Do I have to need to do the longer path? Is it affected by loot, so, by the units, you get in the "Dash to the Wire" scenario?

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Re: Questions about Steam achievements

Post by goose_2 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:58 pm

IttoOgami wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:42 pm
I love this game ever since my first hours. And I will only let it rest if I have my last steam achievements on it (maybe, and I still have to go through a full "battlefield europe", after that.
Currently I have 73 of 80.

There are four that are puzzling me:

30 multiplayer games: I think I have done this, but it doesn't seem to work. I notice that older done games are relatively quickly erased from the tier. So its hard to keep track, and do you need to have 30 games at once on the tier?

Anti-Aircraft/Fighter Elite: They seem impossibly hard to do because after 3rd star, both fighters and Anti-Air hardly gain experience. I used 8.8 a lot, on the ground also, as far I was possible. I am currently doing a GC west and I thought I would have it in the bag with one 8.8, but now I am 2 scenarios near the end. I need still about 70 experience points, and its, like, simply not possible? Even if the AA shoots fighters off the air like crazy, I only get 1 exp. for it at this time. I mostly play Field Marshal, shall I try a lower difficulty?

Italian Victory: I did it on AK on the shorter path (with Tunisia in the end). I am pretty sure I didn't buy any german unit, I even doublechecked the save games. Do I have to need to do the longer path? Is it affected by loot, so, by the units, you get in the "Dash to the Wire" scenario?

Let me help you out buddy because I finished a lot of these steam achievements. 77 of 80

Anti-Aircraft 5 star is extremely hard to get on Field Marshall difficulty. I only got it on Field Marshall by playing on the GC East and it was not until the 3rd or 4th to last mission in the 45 Campaign that I actually acquired it, mostly for using it in an Anti-Tank role, which gives it a greater chance of experience. (I do not undertstand the mechanics behind the allocation of experience very well.) :oops:

Fighter however I did not find that difficult to get that 5th star as I used Heinrich Bar to the max giving him Elite all the way.

Afrika Korps to get the achievement I think you have to take the winning path which is longer but oh so rewarding. (I just finished doing all scenarios on Double Rommel, 25% prestige, and was able to get Decisive's all the way through, except at Mareth Line, which was really tough playing at that level and blind.

MP is tricky as well, because you have to have your opponent play through the entire scenario, without surrendering. For some reason, if you surrender or your opponent surrenders it nullifys the game. Not sure why, but I have long achieved well over 30 games. Just find an opponent who will play Poland with you as allies and play it a few times until you get the achievement. (I love that scenario and the whole original campaign on mp, it was so very well made and balanced, that is until Soviet Corps came out and swung the balance very heavily in favor of the Russians. IMHO

My last 3 achievements are a little tricky.
The Grandest Campaigner which I think is broken for some reason.

Bagration
and
Germany

I want to liveplay those at Colonel level and beat them so i can get those achievements, but as of yet have not found the time.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ

captainjack
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by captainjack » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:01 am

There seems to be something wrong with the AA experience mechanic, as it's very difficult to get experience for shooting up aircraft, which is their main purpose in life. This makes switchable AA a good choice as you get more experience in the AA role. However, it's not the only way. AA is more destructive when defending, especially against tac bombers and fighters which get the -5 low altitude defence penalty and it's possible to get SPAA to 5* in 44 East. Use it to defend your forward units, set traps, take advantage of the speed of the 20mm 10/4 to get into positions and remember that while attacking enemy planes is good, your main focus is on providing defensive fire.

I usually stick with the quad 20mm 7/1 (and later the tracked one) because the 120% RoF is very useful on defensive fire (at 3 ot 4* and full overstrength you can often take 9 or 10 off a tac bomber). In snow or mud, 'upgrade' the 7/1 halftrack back to the 10/4 as it's 8 speed still allows some mobiility to move into position. When you run out of air units, stick a Stug or two behind it and leave it as a trap - you get experience for taking combat damage (it often seems more than for shooting aircraft) and as the base price is so low you can afford elite replacements as long as you survive. While 3A is the best hero, range is very useful - a 3 range mobile unit can get into position to provide good defence and still take shots over a wide area. If you get move hero, however, it's probably best to convert to an 88 and stick with defending the slower units.

One mobile and one 88 make a good pair.

faos333
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by faos333 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:54 pm

Thanks captainjack, I had the same question also

Return to “Panzer Corps”