Warhammer 40k Mod

PC : Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is the spiritual heir to the great Eastern Front games of the past.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Guardsman111
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Warhammer 40k Mod

Post by Guardsman111 »

Hey,

This is the first announcement (Hopefully of many) about my mod, the Warhammer 40k Mod, for War in the East. The title name, put simply, is Warhammer in the east (Awesome play on words, right? :D)

Anyway, it is about 50% complete to an Alpha stage, and i will release it after:

1. I have completed the two faction's cities.

2. I have completed the first campaign, Imperium vs Necrons (Don't ask why i chose Necrons)

I don't think there are that many total conversion mods out for WITE, and i certainly hope there aren't any Warhammer ones :L In any case, If anyone is interested in this please Post a reply, by the time the full version is released i hope to have:

Several different maps to be fought over, but i'm not entirely sure if this is possible.

Many different Warhammer armies, from Chaos to Tyranids, including many different Combinations of the same unit (i.e. there are 4 different Combinations for each Leman Russ Variant to choose from, no sponsons, Bolter sponsons, Melta sponsons and Plasma sponsons) as well as Apocalypse Units, Forge World units, and any special Units that people may want to suggest to me :).

Units that are as close as possible to the in codex rules of their units, and i have devised a series of codes to transform the Weapon rules from Warhammer to the values for Weapons in War in the East.

Several different Huge campaigns, many different scenarios, from the Imperium against Necrons to Imperial unrest, purges and even Alien races fighting among themselves, such as Orks vs Tau.

A mod that is fun to play and won't run dry, or be put on the shelf for a rainy day :(

Any Suggestions at all are very welcome, and please as any questions, i hope i can answer most of them :) Plus, if anyone is interested, i could really do with a hand of creating the Units, i need over 2000 per side to make it worth playing i figure, so any possible TOE's or even special Regiments (For example maybe you have your own Imperial Guard Regiment that you would like to feature in the game) are very welcome.

Thanks,

Charlie Parsons (Guardsman111)
Mod Developer of the Men of Warhammer mod for Assault Squad 2.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Warhammer 40k Mod

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Sounds pretty ambitious! :) Have you posted over in the WitE forums at Matrix? They are by far the busier of the two forums so you might get some additional feedback.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Guardsman111

Post by Guardsman111 »

No, i haven't, i thought this one was busier :L but i will now, cheers for the advice :)
Mod Developer of the Men of Warhammer mod for Assault Squad 2.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East”