How does one even begin to learn how to play "Gary Grigsby's War in the East"?

PC : Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is the spiritual heir to the great Eastern Front games of the past.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

richfed
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

How does one even begin to learn how to play "Gary Grigsby's War in the East"?

Post by richfed » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:59 pm

I've played Panzer Corps, Order of Battle and Hearts of Iron IV [mostly with Total War mod]. They all have, to different degrees, an expected learning curve. Been craving something different, so after some searching around, I decided that it appears "War in the East" may be the definitive game on the German/Russian theater of the war. Surely, I can figure it out.

So, I shelled out the rather large payment for the game, So far, I have been able to sit and stare at the opening campaign screen. I have absolutely no clue.

Now what? Can anyone point me to "the best, yet simple & clear," guide to learning how to get started with this game?

thedoctorking
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: How does one even begin to learn how to play "Gary Grigsby's War in the East"?

Post by thedoctorking » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:58 pm

The Matrix forum has a very good collection of posts on this game - they are the original publisher. There is a newbie's guide and quite a few people who can help you.

HootsMaguire

Re: How does one even begin to learn how to play "Gary Grigsby's War in the East"?

Post by HootsMaguire » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:10 am

The guide I found most helpful to get started is here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5BD_r ... JIWkE/view

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East”