End of the Beta

Open beta forum.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

End of the Beta

Post by IainMcNeil » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:18 am

Hi guys,

we are approaching the end of the beta test. We wanted to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to everyone who has particpated. You really have helped make the game better. We have listened to all the feedback, while we may not have agreed with it all! We have made hundreds of changes and the game is a completely different experience now to what it was when this process began.

On Friday all existing multiplayer games will be killed off and the server refreshed. Please aim to finish all your games before then.

We will be issuing one final beta version for you to look at after the MP games have been cleared off. The MP server will remain available until Thursday 7th July when it will be prepared for the final relese of the game. This gives you nearly a week to try out the final candidate.

Once again thanks for all your help.

We couldn't have done it without you!

Thanks from the Slitherine & Panzer Corps Team
Last edited by IainMcNeil on Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

generalgonzo
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by generalgonzo » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:16 pm

Thank you! The game is indeed a total different experience than it was with the first beta releases.

May there be a special offer for beta testers ? :-)

Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:27 pm

We have come along way and I wish to thank everyone for listening and participating in discussion.

Plus an extra thanks to those who tested multi-player.

grabbysnatch
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

thanks

Post by grabbysnatch » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:44 pm

It has been a thoroughly enjoyable experience and I have enjoyed the game from beginning to end. As you say, it is a different better game now and I have enjoyed being part of that.

Sad to see it end but glad to see the final product at last on Friday.

I have even enjoyed the MP games immensly, even though I do not normally play games online

yoshyusmc
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by yoshyusmc » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:46 pm

Thank you team for allowing me the opportunity to help in the creation in what I believe is going to be a true classic!

Cheers!

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:58 pm

General Gonzo - your first post is to ask for a discount on the full game ;)

Welcome to the beta test!

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:09 pm

iainmcneil wrote:General Gonzo - your first post is to ask for a discount on the full game ;)

Welcome to the beta test!
:lol:

I've come with the 4th stage, so my contribution was 10000xquite smaller.
I think there was a lot of passion in creating PzC but I firmly believe that the beta testers helped in turning into a better game. My thank you to all their efforts.

OmegaMan1
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by OmegaMan1 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:30 pm

This was my first experience being a beta tester, and it was fantastic! Panzer Corps is going to be a great game. Thanks to Ian and everyone at Lordz/Slitherine for bringing back the spirit of the Panzer General series into the 21st century.

I look forward to many years of enjoyment from this game -- not to mention lots and lots of expansions in the future! Cheers!

Dave

lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:39 pm

Hi guys,

Iain worded it excellent, we could not have done it without you! Thank you again for all your feedback, comments, opinions, ideas, ranting, wishes and support! And especially it was all done in a friendly, adult and respectful manner.

The only thing that I would like to add: please spread the word!

And I hope to see you again in other Beta tests in the future! We are just warming up here... many more things to come from us. :-)

So a big thank you from all of us at The Lordz! :wink:

tnourie
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Expansion help

Post by tnourie » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:46 pm

Thanks for choosing us to help. Will we be choosen to help in the expansions as well? I'd like that as I believe everyone else here would as well!
Thanks,
Tim Nourie

Pupec
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Expansion help

Post by Pupec » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:58 pm

Thanks for the opportunity to help you create the following legend.

Also i'd like to help with the expansion or continuation of the PZC Series :wink:
Last edited by Pupec on Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:58 pm

We always remember useful, experienced, critical and committed testers and use those in early Beta tests when games are far from polished and finished as they are able to see something shine through all the rubble... :D

So normally we invite and handpick those personally in Alpha and early Beta as we can use their expertise. Once real Beta begins we add at random, to give everybody who applied a fair and equal change.

In later stages we like mixes and add fresh testers in parts, just like we did here. This has proven to work best.

SAS
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by SAS » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:56 pm

I would just like to thank the development team for allowing me to contribute by beta testing. I hope to purchase many expansions for this game in the future, and beta test them also.

Iscaran
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Iscaran » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:59 pm

Thanks for creating this fantastic PG Revival !

AND

the opportunity to participate in this beta in the last stages in order to try and make it an even better game than it already is.

I hope you decide to allow decent and easy modability - especially with the equipment files.

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:10 pm

Iscaran wrote: I hope you decide to allow decent and easy modability - especially with the equipment files.
It is decided and already done. :)

KageToraUK

Post by KageToraUK » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:42 am

I'd also like to express my gratitude for allowing us all to participate in this beta. [Anecdote alert:] I first played Panzer General when I was living in Japan - I had it on the Playstation from 1998 - and it was a brilliant way to wind down of an evening after working in a hot and humid office all day. Sadly I lost the game (and my Playstation!) after a move to a new area in 2001 and never got round to getting it again. Panzer Corps has managed to bring back many fond memories for me, in a very much updated way!

One of the many parts I am finding very enjoyable is the multiplayer side to the game - I have seen PBEM games before (I have Commander: Europe At War), but never tried it. To be honest, it struck me as odd - but PC gave me the will to try it out, and I can tell you I will be on multiplayer for many years to come, thanks to this very enjoyable game!

I'm looking forward to the release (got my card here ready :D ) and to many expansions in the series!

I also hope to see my fellow beta testers in more beta tests in the future!

Kage

terrymulijana
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by terrymulijana » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:59 am

Thank you Lordz Games studio for letting me in as beta tester !
It was great having first experience as beta tester in a community of good mannered people.

I want to highlight 2 people of the community beta tester which was accidentally got my intention :
1. The one that got annoyed by the first experience ( lost interest in 10 minutes ), I hope the person to be able to enjoy the game at last
2. The one that post a strange thread called execution for his unit :shock: he wants to execute his unit that didn't perform well ( actually you can kill own unit in Age Of Empires, but in this condition I think disbanded already provides, why would execute them.. )

in all, Good luck PzC !

Obsolete
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Obsolete » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:11 am

I always hate it when a beta comes to a close...
Experience Ratio = (def exp level + 2)/(att exp level + 2)
Entrenchment Ratio = (def entr rate + 1) /(att entr rate + 1)

OmegaMan1
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by OmegaMan1 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:43 am

We are just warming up here... many more things to come from us.
Glad to hear that, Tim. I love the Commander series of games, and Panzer Corps looks to be just as good. I can't wait to see what else you produce in the future. Good luck!

Steakenglisch

Post by Steakenglisch » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:55 am

Thanks for this great game! Now its definetly more and better than the old PG!!! :-)
And ab Big Thx for being part of the Betatesters, it was great to see the progress, i hope i will be invited again for other Betas ;-)

Return to “Panzer Corps Open Beta”