End of the Beta

Open beta forum.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

rjh1971
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by rjh1971 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:44 pm

Thanks for letting me participate in this game, I really enjoyed testing it. :D
GG AWD, WBTS, WiTE Beta Tester
Time of Fury Beta Tester
Panzer Corps, CtGW Beta Tester
Decisive campaigns Case Blue, beta tester.
BA Metz Beta Tester

generalgonzo
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by generalgonzo » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:23 pm

iainmcneil wrote:General Gonzo - your first post is to ask for a discount on the full game ;)

Welcome to the beta test!
Lol, yeah, looks weitrd i guess :oops:
But honestly, I thought I made at least some posts.....played the beta versions quite a lot. Maybe the things i had to pint out for critics were already mentioned by others. So I didn´t made posts myself. Watched the forum regulary though.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:27 pm

Its good to get feedback even if it just confirms what others are saying. Next time just say it even if it is repeating others feedback.

There must have been things you liked or didnt like - thats what we want to know.

generalgonzo
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by generalgonzo » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:31 pm

iainmcneil wrote:Its good to get feedback even if it just confirms what others are saying. Next time just say it even if it is repeating others feedback.

There must have been things you liked or didnt like - thats what we want to know.
Yeah, you´re right.
But take my word to this: the game will be purchased by me. Hope a boxed version will also be released....

johnncfb
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by johnncfb » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:42 pm

I have been afforded the oppurtunity to help Beta test a few games and have played the MP quite a bit. I usually post more than I have for this playtest, my wife is being treated for breast cancer and my time has been limited. I posted a few times tho...loading the original download...and I believe I reported a MP bug where the wrong scenario and side was loaded...if I didn't I hope my opponet did.

I am an old boardgamer and the similarity to a boardgame that handles the rules questions and die rolls is a big sell point for me. I certainly hope I will b able to participate in beta test in he future. I am also a member of a miniatures club and am interested in helping to beta mini fig rules when needed.

I believe this is a good counterpoint to Battlefield Academy...more of a gamers game rather than any attempt to be a simulation.

I congatulate you the programmers on an excellent product.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:58 pm

Thanks guys - all feedback is welcome. If you have little or lots of time we value all of it. I didnt want to suggest we expected more from you! We are greatful for any time you can spare.

jake_the_red
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by jake_the_red » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:57 pm

Great game, great experience. PC feels like an old friend has returned but better. I wish I could get as good a facelift but c'est la vie. Well done indeed, this game is going to the top of my charts for years to come.

Charest
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Charest » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:51 pm

I have been mostly silent but I must say thank you and good job! You have come a long way to give us a decent panzer general successor with enough new twists to keep it interesting, which is a pretty strong achievement!

eddie01

Post by eddie01 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:33 am

I wish I could have helped out more, but my own medical problems got in the way. Its a great looking sim, I hope it does well!

Jonesy1760
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Thanks for the beta!!

Post by Jonesy1760 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:31 pm

I have enjoyed this game immensly! Looking forward to the final version...I saw someone mention a discount?? As a person on a fixed income I could sure use that!!!

MrWhite
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by MrWhite » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:41 pm

Thanks for being part of your beta test - although the game didn´t met all of my expections (mentioned it in a few post whats missing in my opinion) I hope you will have success, so you can give the game some more things.

As for the" should I buy the game questions" - I don´t think so, campain is to short and after playing the beta for about 30 times the thrill for the game is gone for a while, maybe when there cames a better campain around or an addon which brings in the africa theatre.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:07 pm

After playing 30 times you have had enough? I am not surprised! How many times would you want to play the game to feel like it had replay value?

Eich

Post by Eich » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:07 pm

Do you mean you played 30 games or have you finished the campaign 30 times in total? I mean if you played every campaign for 30 times I can understand a certain satiety ^^ But I think the meat of this game is multiplayer. I havn't tried that one yet because I'm a noob and didn't have time to level myself up during actual campaign ^^

grabbysnatch
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by grabbysnatch » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:46 pm

Eich, you should try the Multiplayer games, they are great and u dont have to be an expert to play them

MrWhite
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by MrWhite » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:18 pm

iainmcneil wrote:After playing 30 times you have had enough? I am not surprised! How many times would you want to play the game to feel like it had replay value?

Yes about 30 times the campain - If I test a game I try to test it right and I try to give the devs a feedback to make the game better. How many times would I want to replay the game ? Hmm, as much times I replayed Panzer General and Panzer General 2 (or 3d in Germany) - numberous times.
As for the mulitplayer part - I don´t mind thats not my kind ogf game.

Plex

Post by Plex » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:28 pm

I was very impressed with it. I will be buying it. Thanks for making this game.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:58 am

What made you want to play PG/PG2 more?

TomBombadil711
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by TomBombadil711 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:20 pm

Looking forward to the final release. Although I will play single player campaigns every now and then it is the MP game I am looking forward to most. Very good work by the developers and I wish you all the best and a lot of success with PC!

tmgiles1
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by tmgiles1 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:20 am

Looking forward to playing for a long time to come. Excellent game, good work!

CactusWillie
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

A great game that will revive the wargamers spirits

Post by CactusWillie » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:52 am

I have been busy and wish I could have been more helpful. The game has morphed into a real contender as one of the best turn based wargames out there. Growing up with Avalon Hill and SPI games I love the simplicity and yet wonderful feel that reminds me of those sorts of games. Keep the fire burning and others like me will praise the effort put into this product and will be eager to see what will be around the bend at slithrine.

Return to “Panzer Corps Open Beta”