Download your DLC Beta here!

Open beta forum.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:03 am

boney10 wrote:I do have a question about the Campaign 39 & 40 who can I direct this to please so I dont clog up this Beta
As Grand Campaign 39 and 40 are both released content, feel free to post about pretty much anywhere. Even here if you really wanted to.
Can't go wrong with the General forum though.
viewforum.php?f=121

mi8soldier
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by mi8soldier » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:50 am

hello, I already have panzercorps and add-ons 1 and 2 installed. When I downloaded the new 41 add-on beta, it seemed to install alright, but when I started it using the new desktop shortcut icon, the 41 campaign briefing for barbarossa appeared ok, but when the scenario map and units appeared, it played add-on 2, 40 campaign. Is this because I have to uninstall my original game and reinstall from scratch? I'm confused.

El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:04 am

The DLC beta should install to a separate folder - you will not need to uninstall your full game to play them. There should be two shortcuts for PzC - one for the full game and one for the beta DLC. Check your folder structure and where you installed the DLC to. Let us know if you need more help.

mi8soldier

Post by mi8soldier » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:07 pm

"The DLC beta should install to a separate folder - you will not need to uninstall your full game to play them. There should be two shortcuts for PzC - one for the full game and one for the beta DLC. Check your folder structure and where you installed the DLC to. Let us know if you need more help."

As to the above, not sure I understand. I used the installers and the install paths those installers use---both on the regular game, the first 2 add-ons, and also the 41 campaign beta. The beta did create a seperate desktop shorttop icon to click on, so.........

As part of the beta users, I am reporting a problem: following the download links and having them save to the folders recommended, the beta doesn't install right, on my windows 7 PC. This should be useful info, since I assume all the beta testers have Panzercorps full game installed, and some, like myself, already have the campaigns 39 and 40 installed. As I wrote previous, when I use the NEW desktop icon for the beta, the only new campaign I have to choose from is the new 41 add-on, the game starts by giving my the 41 invasion of russia briefing, but when the map and units appear, they are for the 40 france campaign.

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:33 am

This sounds very strange. So you install the beta 41 and all installs use the default paths, then run the game and see the beta 41 campaign? When you start it you see a 1940 map?

Can you send us a couple of screenshots so we can try and work out what is going on. Certinaly not something we have seen before and no idea how it could happen.

Byeohazard
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Byeohazard » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:49 pm

mi8soldier wrote:"The DLC beta should install to a separate folder - you will not need to uninstall your full game to play them. There should be two shortcuts for PzC - one for the full game and one for the beta DLC. Check your folder structure and where you installed the DLC to. Let us know if you need more help."

As to the above, not sure I understand. I used the installers and the install paths those installers use---both on the regular game, the first 2 add-ons, and also the 41 campaign beta. The beta did create a seperate desktop shorttop icon to click on, so.........

As part of the beta users, I am reporting a problem: following the download links and having them save to the folders recommended, the beta doesn't install right, on my windows 7 PC. This should be useful info, since I assume all the beta testers have Panzercorps full game installed, and some, like myself, already have the campaigns 39 and 40 installed. As I wrote previous, when I use the NEW desktop icon for the beta, the only new campaign I have to choose from is the new 41 add-on, the game starts by giving my the 41 invasion of russia briefing, but when the map and units appear, they are for the 40 france campaign.
After reading this I looked at my own BETA for the same campaign. The units appear correct per the briefing however i wonder if there is some confusion because the briefing talks about Russia yet there are no classic Russian units with the unit insignia specifying Russia...I believe the Flags in the campaign are Yugoslavia and Romania and German which would be correct.
Last edited by Byeohazard on Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moltke71
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Moltke71 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:30 pm

Right, the Soviets gave Yugoslavia the T-26s shown in the first scenario.

RobertCL
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by RobertCL » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:32 pm

Hello,
The serial number you already have is good for all beta installers

I used my official licence key with no space, just a perfect copy-paste and it refuses to install the standard Beta DLC package.

Any help would be appreciated, I would like to be able to playtest the 1941 campaign.

Thx a lot in advance!

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:58 pm

You need to use your beta serial as sent in the mails. It will not work with the serial for your purchased copy of the game, only the beta serials.

RobertCL
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by RobertCL » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:21 pm

Hello,

I have not received any mail.
I just downloaded the two exe files (standard DLC + DLC3).

I kept the serial nr I got during the playtest of the original campaign as beta tester, I tried with this one but it does not work either.

So I cannot playtest anything for the moment.

OK I found it in my e-mail... :roll:

I managed to install it although I had an error message during the installation: "error with XML file"
I installed the add-on in the default directory (C:\programme files\...) which is a directory where Panzer Corps is NOT installed (I did not want to erase the original campaign) (I had just installed v 1.04 specifically the original game in another directory (C:\Slitherine\PzKorps).

The add-on is running fine however I have NO music (even if I put the music bar at the max level on the right).
Any way to have music ?
I have sound but no music.

Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:36 pm

no music in '41 DLC beta

RobertCL
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by RobertCL » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:41 pm

Problem solved:

From the clean installation of Pz Corps v 1.04 I copy-pasted the MUSIC subdirectory to the AUDIO directory of the location where the standard DLC (not DLC3) is installed.
Then you have the music.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:51 pm

Yes thats an oversight - will be fixed but not in the update coming very soon as it requires the main beta to be updated, not the DLC pack which is all we are updating today.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:07 pm

New version available!

Please grab the updated 1941 DLC pack at the top of this thread.

If you are already in the 1941 beta you do not need the main installer (180 MB), you only need the 3MB DLC pack.

Changes in 1941 beta 2
  • Fixed Belgrade Cavalry victory condition
    Added Yugoslavian BF-109D
    Fixed graphics and tweaked AI for Metaxas Line
    Dropped a German Aux unit from CreteAir, added a few more Allied Infantry
    Added Italian Heavy Cruiser Trento and an Italian level bomber to CreteNaval
    Added a few Russian units to Minsk in Minsk41 and added several german AUX AD units to help players who don’t capture a lot of Russian airfields before the enemy aircraft attack
    Increased reward prestige slightly for final three scenarios (vyazma, streets of Moscow, Demyansk pocket)
    Soviet Baltic fleet and additional fortifications now resides in Leningrad to deter occupation.
    Reduced chance of Rain on Vyazma by 20% (50 down to 30)
    Russian Air Defense units in Demyansk have been switched to active, removed 1 German quad AD
    Removed “Potamus” from Metaxas
    Increased per turn income for Demyansk Pocket map, increased base Soviet experience
    Various text fixes

Moltke71

Post by Moltke71 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:38 pm

Perhaps just a nit but I installed DLC v2 but the version on the main screen is still Beta 1. The latest files are dated 11/4. Is this correct?

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:42 pm

bis wrote:Perhaps just a nit but I installed DLC v2 but the version on the main screen is still Beta 1. The latest files are dated 11/4. Is this correct?
Since main package did not update, version did not change either. Version shown on the main screen is related to the game, not DLC packs.

Moltke71

Post by Moltke71 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:50 pm

So, an 11/4 exe is the latest?

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:53 pm

bis wrote:So, an 11/4 exe is the latest?
Yes.

Moltke71

Post by Moltke71 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:00 pm

Good. Just checking.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:42 pm

It is a little confusing but means we didnt need to get you a new 200MB installer. To be honest we wouldn't have had time to do that today!

Return to “Panzer Corps Open Beta”