AK: Battleaxe

Open beta forum.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Re: AK: Battleaxe

Post by Razz1 »

Tarrak wrote:
uran21 wrote:Actually unit should appear immediately in the next turn after you captured the town. So if you capture the town hit end turn and scenario finishes this could also be the case. You need to be in game on the next turn.
This looks to me like a conceptual problem. If the games ends and there is no next turn you don't get the unit. While it's not a big problem it is a bit confusing for players. Sometimes you just can not get the next turn like in my case: The unit siting in the city is the last one so killing it will end the scenario but not killing it will prevent me from capturing the city ... catch 22. Is it not possible to get the unit in the same turn as soon you capture the city? This would prevent this from happening.
This problem happened to me.

No pop up notes no tank.

Then on the next scenario it was in the reserve que along with all the units.
Tarrak
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Tarrak »

Razz1 wrote: This problem happened to me.

No pop up notes no tank.

Then on the next scenario it was in the reserve que along with all the units.
No the unit definitively wasn't awarded to me. It is not in the unit list for the next scenario.
ThvN
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by ThvN »

Small typo on the start-of-turn screen where your objectives are stated, the marginal victory condition

'Hold all but two objective' should be: 'Hold all but two objectives'

The captured Matilda was there, no problems.

Some escarpment hexes have ugly edges. On Battleaxe, (17,1) (22,19) (23,20). Ditto for Brevity, of course. These abruptly ending escarpment edges are on a lot of maps. I can make a list if you need their locations.
Xitax
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Xitax »

Beta 3:
I like what you've done with the map, the little touches make the desert a little less monotonous. There's still a problem with NW-SE roads on clear hexes.

DV on turn 13. I felt this one was easier, but maybe I played better, who knows? I held the east escarpment and let nothing through (the graphics for the pass are cool, BTW). Once I wiped out the inf and Matilda II on that side I ran down with the dinky Italian tank and took the airfields, leaving the British airplanes stranded.

The 3 88's utterly owned the field, and nothing from the south threatened me. The diversionary force was a bit of a surprise, and I had to hoof it with about 1/4 of my force back north to contain it, but finally all that was left was a single Dingo as the last holdout on the map. Surprisingly hardy, those are.

At the last British spawn, they tried to just go around me toward the north. I don't know what the AI was going for, but once again units in trucks got picked off pretty easily.
do335b6
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by do335b6 »

I too like the map redo the battle seems a bit more rebalanced as well now.
tmgiles1
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by tmgiles1 »

Lt. Level, MV turn 15
Ending prestige 459
Losses heavy

I captured all the victory objectives and the game did not give me a DV. I didn’t see anyone else with a similar problem, but I’m sure I had them all. I lost:
1 arty
1 recon
1 tank Pz. III H
2 88’s
M-14
Bf 110 by mistake
Maybe some more, not sure

I was able to destroy the Matildas using fire suppression, air support, and heavy doses of 88 fire power. I also blocked the British infantry on the ‘peninsula’ with a Pz III and it bottled them up well. It was a fun battle, my only complaint is the 2000 or so prestige dump is hardly going to allow me to rearm and replace losses. Other than that, on the level I was playing it was challenging and fun. I even had the 15 strength Matilda down to 2, but I couldn’t take it out. I don’t want to use cheat codes, but I’m not sure I can get through the next one.
uran21
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by uran21 »

What Beta version are you playing? 15 strength Matilda was removed in Beta 3, maybe even earlier.
Kamerer
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by Kamerer »

Battleaxe – Beta 4

Level: Field Marshal
Begin Prestige: 900. End: 3,150. Net: +2,250
Result: DV at end.

- Turn 8 message, grammar error: Should be “its entirety.” Not “it’s”.

Otherwise, game played nicely.
Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 »

General
Rec'vd elite unit at start of scenario PzIVD
start 2328
upgrade 1 unit to Bersaglieri
lost core scout
end 2194
captured Matilda
DV 11/17
Kamerer

Post by Kamerer »

Battleaxe, beta RC2

Level: Rommel
Begin prest.: 500. End: 1,450. Net: +950
Units deployed: 19/19, + 2 SE
Result: DV at 17/17

Problems:

1) Small problem – on map, it is “Sidi Azeiz.” In message at turn 6, is “Sidi Aziz.” No big deal, but good to get it right if not too late.
2) BTW – really like the new air fuel-state shading. Makes it smoother and easier. Looks cool, too.
3) Matilda capture gone? I cleared map at turn 15-ish. When opening "dash ot the wire," I recalled a Matilda from before. But it was not awarded. If I didn't trigger it somehow, cool, but perhaps something's amiss.
uran21

Post by uran21 »

It is too late for smaller changes now but everything you report prior and after release will be recorded and ,since we do expect patch, updated than.
safkasDE
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

A scripting Bug?

Post by safkasDE »

I've found a scripting bug on the battleaxe scenario. I have taken all airfields on the map. During the second wave of attack, a new airplane appears at the upper-left edge, but it does not move or attack. But I can attack and destroy it.

Return to “Panzer Corps Open Beta”