Allied Corps Multiplayer Testing

Open beta forum.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Allied Corps Multiplayer Testing

Post by Kerensky » Fri May 10, 2013 8:08 pm

We're looking for some intrepid testers to try out the first set of new multiplayer maps that are included with the latest Allied Corps BETA!
If you have any feedback about these scenarios, post it in this thread. We're looking forward to hearing your feedback!

I'll be running a few games to help test, so feel free to claim these challenges. The paramount concern at the moment is to make sure these maps play fair for both sides, so we particularly need information regarding this.

As a quick rundown:

Temporal.
Would be a standard MP map, but turns per day is set to 60. The course of the scenario goes from 1941 all the way to 1946, so upgrading units during scenario is a pretty significant task for the first time!

Battle of Britain.
Pure air combat with a very unusual ruleset, no unit purchasing, and pre-set reinforcements.

How to play the Axis forces.
Your object is to do any of the following:
Destroy all Allied FIGHTER aircraft while not losing all Axis FIGHTER aircraft. Neutralize all Allied airfields with strategic bombers. Remove all Victory Hexes from the map.
To remove a victory hex from the map, move a strategic bomber unit directly over the hex. If the bomber survives to the beginning of your next turn, a message will inform you of your success in eliminating a Victory Hex.
The primary use of the Stuka in this scenario is to bomb and destroy Allied Radar installations, as well as to attack Allied air defense units.
Note: You can never buy new units, only issue replacements to your existing units. Every 4 turns, you will receive a new wave of units as reinforcements. If Allied strategic bombers disable your airfields, you can use the Airfield Repair Crew to capture a white airfield flag.

Sonneblume 43.
Fictional counter invasion of Afrika after failed Allied invasion of Sicily in 1943.

Frozen Springs.
Pretty standard MP map, as MP maps go.

Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Sonneblume 43

Post by Blathergut » Mon May 13, 2013 1:36 am

Started a set with deadtorius. A shock to start with so many units floating at sea! It's a bit daunting as either side, not really knowing what to attempt. Will keep you posted as we progress.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Re: Allied Corps Multiplayer Testing

Post by Kerensky » Mon May 13, 2013 3:26 am

Yea, that scenario is a departure from most MP maps in that many units are pre-placed instead of having many open slots for players to experiment with. A little bit of variety doesn't hurt.

Any comments about the balance of the forces are welcome, probably the most important part about that map will be to make pre-placed units that are too tweak have more than default experience and strength, which is what everyone is pretty much set to for testing purposes.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Thu May 16, 2013 10:16 am

I've collected some good data on the first four maps, expect updates on them to follow along with the second set of four maps. As always, anyone interested in running tests I will be hosting games, and feel free to leave comments here as well!

Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut » Thu May 16, 2013 11:42 pm

Some small ones? I've not yet opened the others than sommmeneonnonblua, but it is huge. Some small multiplayer would be nice!

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Sat May 18, 2013 12:49 am

As of BETA 3, we now have all the Allied Corps MP maps implemented! I've closed several old games I had running, and I've hosted all of the new maps for testing. Anyone interested in helping test, feel free to claim these games or list your own challenges.

The four new maps are:
Red Alert.
USA and Britain together against USSR in 1944, medium to large scenario.
River Rapid.
Britain against Germany in a small map covered with a slew of rivers and very few crossings.
The Void.
USA and Britain against Germany in a small map, the center of the map is an empty desert, but from this void you can easily reach and threaten all victory hexes!
Fortress Helm.
USA, Britain, and USSR forces assault a German fortress on a large scenario. Fortifications and randomized minefields and hero units oh my!

Changelog for old maps:
Battle of Britain:
Two Bristol VH removed, Northwest British Airfield removed.
All radar installations reduced to 2 strength
Extra Do-17 bombers added to reinforcement waves that include Do-17 bombers
Do-17 bombers received drop tanks
Hurricane fighter units strength increased to 11

Frozen Spring:
Added scenario image
Turn count reduced to 26
Added more pre-set units to both sides.
Reduced starting prestige for both sides.
Increased prestige per turn for both sides.
German recon cars replaced with Panzer II Luchs
Cities and the river have names

Temporal Advance:
Scenario image added
Core slots raised slightly for both sides
All one time prestige injections increased
Renamed to Temporal Advance
Added scenario information at start
Two starter German aircraft improved slightly
Four airfields added to map

Any comments or feedback feel free to post here. At this point, our focus is making sure the maps play well and we fixed all the bugs that were detected in the previous BETA, and then we will finalize these maps with Scenario Images and giving the maps visual polish.

grabbysnatch
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by grabbysnatch » Sat May 18, 2013 8:41 am

just accepted some of your challenges. looking fwd to testing them

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Sat May 18, 2013 9:19 am

Thanks for accepting!

Unfortunately though, the bugs that plague Battle of Britain and Temporal Advance haven't been fixed yet, making these two maps somewhat unstable. We've identified the problem though, and one way or another they will get fixed. In the meantime though, we're focusing testing on the remaining 6 maps. Sorry for the inconvenience.

ThvN
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by ThvN » Sat May 18, 2013 8:59 pm

To make sure it will be been seen, I'll post the typos I found here as well:

Battle of Britain

IDS_STRING28 Le Harve = Le Havre

IDS_MESSAGE26
"The Axis player can remove a victory hex from the map by move a strategic bomber unit directly over the hex."
moving

Fortress Helm

IDS_MESSAGE0
“so for example you cannot buy Russian units at city or airfield with an American flag”
at cities or airfields

IDS_MESSAGE0 + IDS_MESSAGE1
“Weather: 100% chance for clear
Weather: 100% (remove space)

clear weather
OR:
clear skies

Frozen Spring

IDS_MESSAGE1
“Prestige Injection per turn:900”
turn: 900 (insert space)

Red Alert

“Weather: 15% chance for clouds, 4% chance for rain”
Weather: 15% (remove one space)

River Rapid

“Weather: 14% chance for clouds, 8% chance for rain.”
Weather: 14% (remove space)

Sonnenblume 43

IDS_SCEN_DESCRIPTION
“Failure of the invasion of Sicily puts the Allies on the defenses as revitalized German and Italian forces launch a counter invasion and return to Afrika!”
defense

Temporal Advance

IDS_MESSAGE2 + IDS_MESSAGE6
“The year is 1942, 1500 bonus received!”
The year is 1942, 1500 bonus prestige received!
(To make it consistent with the other messages)

The Void

IDS_MESSAGE10 + IDS_MESSAGE11
“Weather: 15% chance for clouds,”
Weather: 15% (remove space)

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Sun May 19, 2013 8:22 pm

Getting some pretty good testing in!

So far the most noticable thing is that on Helm, German defenders might need a boost. Some more static fortifications like bunkers and forts, and probably one airfield of their own.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Mon May 20, 2013 9:14 pm

Testing is going to be wrapping up over the course of this week, so if you have any more comments now is the time to share them!

Thanks to all our testers who helped out in game, we received a lot of valuable information and feedback thanks to you. :)

Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 » Tue May 21, 2013 1:37 am

Sonnenblume 43

Need to have a message that says you can only deploy troops in the cities owned by that country.

A player is at severe disadvantage when you click on British units which are the default setting and you can not place units on half the map.

Then only to find out a few turns later you can do it with the Americans.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Tue May 21, 2013 2:03 am

Good point, though I'll probably just turn on 'shared flags' rather than leave the scenario restrictive.

deducter
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by deducter » Wed May 22, 2013 5:38 pm

For Frozen Spring, is it intentional that the Allies can't buy the T-28?

Also, 900 prestige/turn seems like way too much for that map. Should be significantly reduced, to perhaps 600-700ish.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Wed May 22, 2013 7:00 pm

I just checked, and it seems the T-28 and Tortoise are both set as nopurchase... I'll have to investigate.

taffjones
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by taffjones » Fri May 24, 2013 10:29 am

Playing "Battle of Britain". Both myself and my opponent have had bombers survive above a allied victory hex until the next turn and the victory hex has remained in place. We were both under the impression that the victory hex should have been removed is this a bug?

hadberz
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by hadberz » Fri May 24, 2013 3:38 pm

Razz1 wrote:Sonnenblume 43

Need to have a message that says you can only deploy troops in the cities owned by that country.

A player is at severe disadvantage when you click on British units which are the default setting and you can not place units on half the map.

Then only to find out a few turns later you can do it with the Americans.
I guess a message would not hurt, but I had no trouble figuring it out. This first time I ever played this map.

eloso
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by eloso » Fri May 24, 2013 10:29 pm

I'm still at work but wanted to know if I should update before playing the turns in my inbox.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Sat May 25, 2013 2:04 am

taffjones wrote:Playing "Battle of Britain". Both myself and my opponent have had bombers survive above a allied victory hex until the next turn and the victory hex has remained in place. We were both under the impression that the victory hex should have been removed is this a bug?
Thanks for reporting, and yes we are definitely aware of this very serious bug. We're on the case, and aiming to have it fixed in time for launch. :)

An interesting note, this function of the scenario works in hotseat play. To understand what is supposed to be happening, you can check out hotseat play and see the effects in action as they are meant to be.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Sat May 25, 2013 2:05 am

eloso wrote:I'm still at work but wanted to know if I should update before playing the turns in my inbox.
Should be safe up update before resuming multiplayer games. In fact, I'm not sure it's possible to access to BETA PBEM without updating.

Return to “Panzer Corps Open Beta”