Germany surrenders

After action reports for Commander The Great War

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

bloodnok
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Germany surrenders

Post by bloodnok »

Playing as the Entente, I have captured Berlin and soon afterwards, Germany offered to surrender. I clicked "Accept" and immediately all German ships disappeared from the map but not the land units. In addition, lots of areas with a yellow border appeared. I cannot cross these yellow areas and so my advance on Vienna is either restricted or made impossible. I can only get rid of the yellow areas by declaring war again on Germany ! This situation appears to me to be ridiculous as, when a country surrenders, you should be able to move your forces freely over unoccupied territory. I am new to the game and perhaps I'm missing something. My game has all the latest patches and updates. Can someone please comment and/or advise on this subject.
Dennis Bloodnok
Robotron
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Re: Germany surrenders

Post by Robotron »

In CTGW a surrendering nation returns all conquered territory to the original owner and retains any territory not occupied by the enemy.

You should refuse surrender until you are satisfied with the territory you gained from the enemy in question. The enemy nation will ask you again for surrender in a few turns time.

If you accept the surrender an then re-declare war the enemy nation will fight until it is utterly destroyed with no further surrender offers.
Slitherine's Commander the Great War - Director's Cut: POTZBLITZ mod!
FIND IT HERE: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=218&t=77884&p=662610#p662610
bloodnok

Post by bloodnok »

Thanks again. I'll remember to do that.
bloodnok

Re: Germany supply ships

Post by bloodnok »

Playing the Central Powers I now have two German supply ships (10 units each) stuck in Trondheim and they will not move to the north German ports to supply Germany. I have sent a cruiser to find out if anything is blocking their way and there are no enemy ships in the area. What's happening here ? Is there anything I can do to release these ships ?
Bloodnok.
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

I've examined the issue: it seems the route is blocked because of a bad placement of the spawn hex for the convoys coming from Norway.
The convoys need to pass the port hex and that port hex is neutral and neutral hexes cannot be passed.

This issue cannot be fixed during an ongoing game because the scenario file must be edited. Then the route will be open again in your next games.

I've attached a script fix in a zip-archive to this post.

Download the archive and unpack the file, you'll then have a file called: 1914.lua

Copy that file and paste it into the following folder of your CTGW game:

Commander the Great War/Data/Scripts

and overwrite the original file. This will fix the issue.
Attachments
convoy fix.zip
(6.48 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
FIND IT HERE: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=218&t=77884&p=662610#p662610
bloodnok

Re: Blocked supply ships at Trondheim

Post by bloodnok »

Thanks a lot. I'll have a go at your remedy with fingers crossed.
In addition, Germany only gets PPs about every third turn it seems and at the moment they're running on empty. Hopefully they will get some PPs tomorrow.
Thanks again
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

If a nation stops getting PPs this likely means the nation has built too many units because every unit costs PP in maintenance per game turn.
Even units that are still in the production queue cost maintenance per turn.
bloodnok

Re: Blocked ships at Trondheim

Post by bloodnok »

I'm afraid my Adobe Reader won't allow me to open the file "1914 lua". It doesn't recognise it and says it might be damaged. I'm not a computer buff so perhaps this fault in the game won't occur again. I'm playing the 1915 Ypres campaign and I'm sure Germany did get some supply from Trondheim initially.
. I might uninstall the whole game and then re-install it. Anyway thanks again for your help.
Bloodnok
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

Reinstalling the game won't fix the issue but it's your decision.

The file I provided was for the 1914 campaign anyway.

Next time you run into a problem please first tell me what campaign you are playing and use the tech support subforum:

viewforum.php?f=214
bloodnok

Post by bloodnok »

Thanks again for your help.

Return to “Commander The Great War AAR's”