Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

Kragdob
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Re: GS Beta Bug Reporting

Post by Kragdob »

rkr1958 wrote:
Kragdob wrote:Thank you Sir!

One more about below. What does 'Spread is determined by last digit of techs' mean?
13. Implemented the show units in statistics panel and the tooltip shows the [enemy forces] composition. Spread is determined by last digit of techs (different combination for each unit type and country so not a group increases or decreases); 0: -2; 1: -2; 2: -1; 3: -1; 4: 0; 5: 0; 6: 0; 7: +1; 8: +1 and 9: +2
It basically means that the "random" number used to determine the spread is the last digit of a country's tech. Since tech will only change from turn to turn then the force estimate stays fixed for a given turn. This is to prevent a player for opening and closing the force screen several times in a turn in order to get several samples.
Thank you!
Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

I would comment that this is the last digit of the sum of partial progress. Each country has a different formula with different weighing of the different techs so it should be very hard to find out the number active for the particular country.
mamahuhu
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

program is not responding and stagnation when VS Axis AI

Post by mamahuhu »

Running GS2.1 version,Select the Allies ,Start a new game VS Axis AI.
Has occurred twice,when the Axis AI runtime,program is not responding and stagnation.
I saved two save files,if it is necessary,I can send an email to the programmer.
Sincerely hope that our GS2.1 there are no problems.As a tester, I make the above report
Kragdob

Re: program is not responding and stagnation when VS Axis AI

Post by Kragdob »

mamahuhu wrote:Running GS2.1 version,Select the Allies ,Start a new game VS Axis AI.
Has occurred twice,when the Axis AI runtime,program is not responding and stagnation.
I saved two save files,if it is necessary,I can send an email to the programmer.
Sincerely hope that our GS2.1 there are no problems.As a tester, I make the above report
See command line output for java runtime errors. Game likes to throw 'out of memory' exceptions when you have not much RAM or many programs running. Than it hangs.
mamahuhu
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by mamahuhu »

I'm sorry, but I think it might not because of memory
The same problem with a save file on my friend's computer
Schnurri
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Schnurri »

Should be a bug. It is summer 42 - Sea Lion has progressed but at the time of the bug Axis controlled only London, Portsmouth and Cardiff. US Strat cannot fly to Greenland. They are listed as "out of play". Denmark was conquered by Italy instead of Germany.
Schnurri

Post by Schnurri »

Is the bug about ownership of Greenland the same one Joe Rock reported earlier and is fixed in the next version? If not, I did some hotseating. If the Italians take Denmark after Fall of France and there is no Sea Lion before the control of Greenland is granted to US, everything is fine and US controls Greenland. If Sea Lion occurs before this event, the Greenland air bases are out of play. In my test I just took London, Cardiff, Portsmouth and Southampton. If it is fixed already I'll shut up - I can do some more hotseating if it isn't fixed yet - though, it is tedious.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Greenland is changed to US control in April 3rd 1941. July 12th the US will take control of Iceland too.

UK will invade Iceland after May 18th 1940 if Denmark has been conquered and Iceland is not already Allied controlled.

When Denmark surrenders the Iceland and Greenland hexes are changed to out of play. That is intended. Greenland and Iceland turn to neutrality. The events mentioned above are needed to change the ownership.

I guess the problem with Greenland can occur if the Axis invade Denmark after April 3rd 1941. Then the US event has already happened and Greenland changes to neutrality. I can fix this so Greenland and Iceland will only change to out of play if before turn 30.

We won't alter this for GS v2.10 because it's already sent to Slitherine, but I will make the update myself so we have it for future releases. This will very rarely happen. It doesn't matter if Italy or Germany conquer Denmark.
metolius
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by metolius »

Schnurri wrote:
Diplomaticus wrote:The other island airbases off England are controlled by various cities in the North so they could be Axis controlled depending on what cities have been taken.
Can you remind me what the connections here are? Is this noted anywhere in the game interface?
Kragdob

Post by Kragdob »

Stauffenberg wrote:Greenland is changed to US control in April 3rd 1941. July 12th the US will take control of Iceland too.
In case Denmark was neutral they would not risk that by letting German enemies to use their land. Such action would give Germans obvious casus beli on Denmark (all if Denmark is still neutral). If US grabbed those bases by force it would constitute war declared on Denmark.

So I think if Denmark is neutral after USSR joins than US should get the bases in Greenland only by declaring war on Denmark.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Iceland and Greenland weren't actually part of real Denmark, but more like a colony. It's similar to Azores being a colony of Portugal. Germany couldn't do much if the Allies annexed these colonies. Actually the Danish Government was against the US annexation.

This is what's written in wikipedia about Greenland during WW2
"Nazi Germany had occupied Denmark in 1940 and although the Danish government was still in power it was heavily influenced by the German occupation force. After failed attempts by the new Greenland government to secure support from the United Kingdom, they turned to the USA. On 9 April 1941 the Danish ambassador Henrik Kauffmann, against the instructions of his government, signed an agreement with the US government, allowing the presence of American troops and making Greenland a de facto US protectorate"

Remember that USA was still neutral at the time. So Greenland wanted to kept out of the war by being protected by a neutral major power.
Kragdob

Post by Kragdob »

Yes, but note that you write about situation when Germans had DOWed Denmark and some politicians refused to collaborate. Same case for Dutch colonies, Polish exile government (we didn't have any colonies unfortunately) and all the others.

But IF Denmark remained neutral then AND US was in war with Germany then allowing US the Grenland bases would be a casus beli for Germans. If Denmark refuses such proposal nad US takes by force (no matter if Grenland government wants it or not - it is still Kopenhangen subordinate) than it is an act of war against Denmark by US.

So the event with airbases happening when Denmark is still neutral seems a little artificial for me.
Schnurri

Post by Schnurri »

Just wondering if this is correct - Axis invade Turkey in summer 41 - Turks are able to rail immediately on turn 1. Shouldn't there be a 1 turn no rail move? Thanks.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

It depends on the weather in the country's capital
Kragdob

Post by Kragdob »

Is there any chances to look on Polish fighter stuck in Canada?
Schnurri

Post by Schnurri »

Stauffenberg wrote:It depends on the weather in the country's capital
Weather was good at invasion launch.
Schnurri

Post by Schnurri »

Did a hotseat and Turkey gets rail immediately upon DOW. This makes an Axis invasion really difficult.
zechi
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by zechi »

What happens if the Allies DOW Turkey. Does Turkey get rail capacity from turn 1. If yes, then this would be a little bit unfair.
Schnurri

Post by Schnurri »

Yes, same for Allies.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

I remember the rule now. Only countries who get a morale loss when attacked. Turkey and Sweden don't. Those countries are considered to be on alert even when neutral

Return to “Commander Europe at War : GS Open Beta”