GS Beta Bug Reporting

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

rkr1958
General - Elite King Tiger

Re: GS Beta Bug Reporting

Post by rkr1958 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:36 pm

Cybvep wrote:Gibraltar.
That makes sense. Well, not sense from game play; but sense of how it can there. We had a bug way back where a convoy could get into the Med via the Red Sea transport loop but that was fixed. Just didn't think about the possibility that it could get there going through Gibraltar.

TotalerKrieg
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by TotalerKrieg » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:19 am

Found some more nationality misnaming. The Dijon rail depot in France has the Nationality as Italian and the city Rennes in France has the Nationality as Italian as well. This is in RC12 but I imagine it is in RC13 as there is no mention of correcting this in the latest update. Sorry, I am sure this is a big pain!

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:08 pm

Map and scenarios fixed. I also found a hex in Canada being flagged as German core owned. It was fixed too. Thanks for reporting this. These fixes will be part of RC14 this weekend.

Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:33 pm

I was clicking through hexes, checking ownership. Found no errors, but in Canada, two hexes show as rough but the terrain window shows forests. Both are up near Turner Valley, so it's not like anyone is ever going to fight there, but I thought I'd point it out. 2, 15 and 2, 14

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:46 pm

Thanks for finding this. I have updated the map and scenarios, but we will not send out a patch just for this. The new files will be added when we have a bugfix to send out or for the final version. So we put the change on hold until we have something else.

Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:48 pm

Such critical hexes!! :wink:

Schnurri
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Schnurri » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:36 pm

It is Sept. 42 - I am Allies and have lost Africa and Britain. Two northern convoys have spawned thus far since Russia activated and neither are Murmansk - both British. Could this be a bug or some new rule with convoys once Britain falls?

Schnurri

Post by Schnurri » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:54 pm

I seem to remember someone else reporting this - tried to disembark Canadians into Britain and the game hangs up. Happened once before as well but it was the end of the turn and I was able to end the move. Once this happens you can still hit the DOW button, etc. or repair units but you can't fulfill the action (i.e. repair a unit). Since it was beginning of the move I forced the game to quit, restarted and the same thing happened. This is Mac version. I can send the game to someone to examine.

rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:24 pm

Schnurri wrote:I seem to remember someone else reporting this - tried to disembark Canadians into Britain and the game hangs up. Happened once before as well but it was the end of the turn and I was able to end the move. Once this happens you can still hit the DOW button, etc. or repair units but you can't fulfill the action (i.e. repair a unit). Since it was beginning of the move I forced the game to quit, restarted and the same thing happened. This is Mac version. I can send the game to someone to examine.
PM sent.

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:28 pm

Schnurri wrote:It is Sept. 42 - I am Allies and have lost Africa and Britain. Two northern convoys have spawned thus far since Russia activated and neither are Murmansk - both British. Could this be a bug or some new rule with convoys once Britain falls?
I seem to remember that if London falls the British would not have dared to send convoys to Murmansk. They would have lacked air and naval bases in Britain to protect the convoy. So the northern convoy will remain UK. That is not a bug.

Diplomaticus
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by Diplomaticus » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:33 pm

Schnurri wrote:I seem to remember someone else reporting this - tried to disembark Canadians into Britain and the game hangs up. Happened once before as well but it was the end of the turn and I was able to end the move. Once this happens you can still hit the DOW button, etc. or repair units but you can't fulfill the action (i.e. repair a unit). Since it was beginning of the move I forced the game to quit, restarted and the same thing happened. This is Mac version. I can send the game to someone to examine.
Even in RC16 this bug is still ocurring, but only when you try to unload an air unit (happens to be Canadian fighter). I too am on a Mac.

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:33 pm

What kind of unit did you try to disembark? Was it the air unit? We had a bug we fixed in RC15 regarding air units disembarking hanging the game. The fix was in a file called mover.class. Have you installed that file? It's in the game folder.

Can you send me the save game? Was this played with RC16?

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:35 pm

Diplomaticus wrote:
Even in RC16 this bug is still ocurring, but only when you try to unload an air unit (happens to be Canadian fighter). I too am on a Mac.
I have a feeling the MAC version has forgotten to send some of the latest class files. You need an updated mover.class. Please PM me your email address and I can send you the latest mover.class. Then you can verify if that fixed the bug. Paul will probably look into this when he's back.

rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:39 pm

I got a checksum when I loaded your game with RC16, which means you're playing with an earlier version. I had no problems with the game turn. I was able to unload all the Canadians, repair units and continue on with the turn. The issue is either with the MAC version or the fact that you haven't updated to the latest.

Schnurri

Post by Schnurri » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:47 pm

rkr1958 wrote:
I got a checksum when I loaded your game with RC16, which means you're playing with an earlier version. I had no problems with the game turn. I was able to unload all the Canadians, repair units and continue on with the turn. The issue is either with the MAC version or the fact that you haven't updated to the latest.
I am playing RC16 and my partner upgraded to 16 and sent me the turn. I tried it again and it still hangs. The MECH and CORPS land fine but the FTR hangs the game up. Assume it has to do with the new rules about air units in ports? If you were able to do it perhaps it is just a MAC problem.

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:51 pm

Send me your email address on PM so I can send you the updated mover.class for verification.

Schnurri

Post by Schnurri » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:56 pm

Strange behavior - was able to finally unload. Hit unload and it wouldn't do it, then went back and fooled with research and then back to the map and it unloaded. Maybe it just takes some time for the calculation? Anyway, everything else is still frozen. If I end the turn and restart, everything is still frozen.

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:26 pm

I got the save game and I could land the Canadian units without an error so I suspect the MAC version is missing the updated mover.class or placed the mover.class in the wrong folder. Paul will look at this when he has a chance and update RC16 for the MAC players.

pk867
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by pk867 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:11 pm

Hi Mac players,

stop playing and go back a few turns until I get you the update. I need to get the class files and I will send out an update.

Paul

pk867
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by pk867 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:55 pm

Hi,

Emailed out the fix. V2.10.rc16a

Paul

Return to “Commander Europe at War : GS Open Beta”