Release 2011-06-15

Team Assault is a 3D turn based tactical game where players fight in close combat action at a squad level.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Team Assault Design, Zeal

Laxen
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Release 2011-06-15

Post by Laxen » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:42 pm

Good news. Team Assault has gotten a release date. It's June 15th this summer.

Peedunk
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Peedunk » Mon May 23, 2011 8:09 pm

I am really looking forward to buying this game and the Panzer Corp game. kaching... :P

Laxen

Post by Laxen » Tue May 24, 2011 9:37 am

Nice to hear :)

I'm looking forward for both of them too!
Rasmus Davidsson
Lead Designer at ZEAL Game Studio

Wings
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: Release 2011-06-15

Post by Wings » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:28 pm

Laxen wrote:Good news. Team Assault has gotten a release date. It's June 15th this summer.
Yeah...yeah...whatever...

If you wonder about my reaction; I get a little sick and tired of those NUMEROUS Slitherine releases that are released way later than first told. It was the case with Panzer Corps, then with Commander Total War and now this one. You said elsewhere on this forum that September 24th was never the real release date, but SOMEONE wrote that down for a reason, now didn't he? It seems to me that you're just putting the blame on others and I'm pretty sure that date was not made up by the cleaning lady, but someone from your team. For Pete's sake...it's almost a year later than first claimed and I can guarantee you that on June 15th it's not going to be released either... because what reason do I have now to take your seriously? The game is also going to look more outdated, the more you keep delaying it. I can understand that you can't have everything on time, but for Pete's sake, this is Team Assault, not Windows 7 and all the ten of thousands of parties (hard- and software) involved. :?

Btw, I've been a professional programmer for several years (mostly RPGII/III on IBM mainframes) and if I would predict September 24th as the release date of my software and I would claim on that date (or even months before) that it will be June 15st, I would have been fired on the spot.

Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: Release 2011-06-15

Post by Xerkis » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:01 am

Wings wrote:Btw, I've been a professional programmer for several years (mostly RPGII/III on IBM mainframes) and if I would predict September 24th as the release date of my software and I would claim on that date (or even months before) that it will be June 15st, I would have been fired on the spot.
Well maybe when you been a programmer for a few decades – like me – you will find that this is more the norm than not.
This point of the missed deadline has been made time and time again. They get it. Now let’s stop flooding them by all this badgering and let them get back to work on the game.
:wink:

Laxen

Post by Laxen » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:43 am

Thank you Wings for expressing your thoughts. To clarify, we're not blaming the incorrect release date on Slitherine. We are still trying to figure out why this happened, but a misunderstanding is never one part's fault, so we at Zeal are equally quilty. And as I said, we are truly sorry that this happened but there's nothing else we can do.

And about the game being outdated. We were never aiming for top of the line graphics in terms of technology, we are settling for technologically good graphics and with good art. The main focus is still on the gameplay, and it is this gameplay that we want to be both stable and fun to play when the game comes out. And gameplay takes much more time to be outdated. If you want the absolute latest graphics, maybe Team Assault isn't the game for you :)
Rasmus Davidsson
Lead Designer at ZEAL Game Studio

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:53 pm

Laxen wrote:And gameplay takes much more time to be outdated.
So true.

Return to “Team Assault”