Team Assault: Baptism of Fire - A Presentation

Team Assault is a 3D turn based tactical game where players fight in close combat action at a squad level.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Team Assault Design, Zeal

Laxen
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Team Assault: Baptism of Fire - A Presentation

Post by Laxen » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:04 pm

Team Assault cover art.

Hi all. Team Assault: Baptism of Fire has finally gotten a forum here at Slitherine, the game is officially announced, we have a new website for the game and the release date set (2011-06-15). Now for a presentation of the game.

My name is Rasmus Davidsson. I'm the lead designer of Team Assault at ZEAL Game Studio. ZEAL started two years ago on a small island just outside the eastern cost of Sweden; Gotland. We were a group of game loving students, all studying at the local University. Now we are a game loving studio. Time flies.

When we started making the game, we took our inspiration from many sources; computer games, table top games and board games. We wanted to make a game that we loved. It has had other names and gone through a series of changes since we first started doing it, and it ended up like this: [Game Trailer]

Takes place in Italy during the WWII Italian Campaign.

Team Assault: Baptism of Fire is a turn-based tactics 3D game, where the player uses a prebuilt, downloaded from other players or custom made forces to battle an AI or other players and friends on renown WWII battlefields from the Italian Campaign. It is played at platoon level, with a few infantry squads engaging in close combat action. The game has a realistic base in its game system with bullet penetration, squad morale and soldier encumbrance and where positioning, using the battlefield to your advantage and strategy is crucial. Anyone can build a force using the stand-alone (and of course included) Force Builder. Here squads can be built from scratch, where you can choose the squad's size, outfit, discipline trainings, grenades, individual soldiers' weapons, equipment and rank.

These are the main game features:

Skirmish level
Natural scale environments, weapons and soldiers fighting in close combat action at platoon level skirmish engagements.

Area control missions
The main game type is area control. Positions spread out on the map which players must capture to maintain control of the battlefield which leads to victory. This favour good gameplay and forces players out in the combat area. Annihilation will be optional.

Realistic combat
Deep combat system, that booth favours realism and exciting gameplay. Weapon accuracy and penetration, covers versus weapon penetration, recoil, encumbrance and wounded soldiers are only some of the included features.

Turn-based with good flow
Although being turn-based, a lot of effort has been put into making Team Assault flowing, never having players to waste much time waiting for things to happen. Dynamic turns, counter actions and constant feedback of what’s going on makes you constantly engaged.

Deadly
Having a realistic base in its game system, Team Assault is deadly. Soldiers are fragile and go down fast if hit. There are no health bars, and weapons are sure as can be not harmless, so your environment, position and to a minor extent your body armour is what you have to rely on.

Tactical gameplay
Team Assault is all about tactics. Managing your forces correctly, finding your opponent’s weakness and using the environment to your benefit is the key to success. Bold actions can reward you greatly id well executed, while a stupid moves can cost many of your soldiers’ lives.

Morale
Managing your soldiers’ morale and damaging your opponent’s soldiers’ is crucial. Push your soldier too hard and put them in dangerous situation and they will break. Hammer your opponent’s squads with automatic fire and kill their leaders and they will break instead.

Force Builder
Create your own custom squads using the included Force Builder. Various squad gear and upgrades provide endless customisation. Name squads after your liking to create your own favourite WWII division.

Variety
Team Assault features an arsenal of 20 allied and axis weapons, ranging from pistols and sub-machine guns to rocket launchers and heavy machine guns, 8 different outfits, 7 combat trainings, 4 equipments, such as medic kits and demolition charges, frag and smoke grenades and ranks up to major. All to your disposal.

Multiplayer
Fight your friends or other players online via our multiplayer server. Show off your customised forces and climb in our multiplayer ranking system. The game has a good flow, made for multiplayer, allowing you to play a full match continuously.

Map editor
The map editor for the game is included (or able to be downloaded), allowing you to create your own custom scenarios or multiplayer maps.

Ingame picture. Grenadiers advancing into a better firing position.
Rasmus Davidsson
Lead Designer at ZEAL Game Studio

axlroselm
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by axlroselm » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:34 pm

is there any story-based campaign? if so, this game is a must buy for me :)

Laxen

Post by Laxen » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:30 am

The plan is to release downloadable campaigns after the game has been released :)
Rasmus Davidsson
Lead Designer at ZEAL Game Studio

axlroselm
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by axlroselm » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:12 am

awesome! also i like the cover art!

generalgonzo
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by generalgonzo » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:33 am

axlroselm wrote:awesome! also i like the cover art!
Hmm, I admit I don´t like it much in opposite. The guy looks something "weird"! My daughter could have drawn this with her 13 years......

axlroselm
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by axlroselm » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:52 am

generalgonzo wrote:
axlroselm wrote:awesome! also i like the cover art!
Hmm, I admit I don´t like it much in opposite. The guy looks something "weird"! My daughter could have drawn this with her 13 years......
lol. it has "retro" feeling. thats why i like it.
Timless Rules, rigidly Imposed, will always end in blood.

Sir Isaiah Berlin

Return to “Team Assault”