Resupply Point Mechanism?

Team Assault is a 3D turn based tactical game where players fight in close combat action at a squad level.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Team Assault Design, Zeal

IronFist00
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Resupply Point Mechanism?

Post by IronFist00 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:05 am

I've been playing the game for a week and am really enjoying it. While I wouldn't have minded Opportunity Fire to have been in the game, I've developed tactics to achieve the same result, i.e. I'm playing the game the way it was designed rather than how I would have designed it.

While I do have most of the game mechanisms figured out, there is one I want to confirm. That's the points on the maps with a crossed icon (ammo?) above it. I couldn't find anything in the extensive help pages about them (C:\Program Files (x86)\Slitherine\Team Assault\Help\Contents.html) so I refer to them as Resupply Points. After trying to capture them like Control Points, I think this is how they work: Move a squad that is low in ammo inside it's radius and leave it there for a full round/activation and it seems to regain its full complement of ammo. Is this correct? Does it only take one round or more? Does it only regain ammo if the squad doesn't come under fire or does it not matter?

The way I figured out what they do is by moving a Panzerschreck equipped team into it, which was out of ammo for the Schreck, couldn't figure out how it worked/activated, and left the squad there. Next round, it had the Schreck armed trooper back with the Panzerschreck instead of the Pistol.

Is this all correct?

Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: Resupply Point Mechanism?

Post by Xerkis » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:24 am

You are correct. At the end of the round, you will be resupplied. It will show in your combat log that the squad has done so. Also when you move your men in to the ring around the supply area, they will get an icon above them if they are in the area – just like when you move in to the CP area.

IronFist00
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by IronFist00 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:43 am

Xerkis, thanks for the response. This was the single longest thing it took me to figure out. While the help files I pointed to were extensive and helped me a lot in learning the game, they don't mention anything regarding the Resupply Points. If Zeal is putting together a PDF manual, they might want to add an entry on them.

One last question about the Resupply Point, does it matter if the squad comes under fire or will they resupply even if they do (but don't break I would assume)?

Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:47 am

just so one man from the squad is in the circle at the end of the turn - your good. Nothing else comes in to play with it.
. . . . . Which - if you think about it - they could have made that part a bit harder.
;)

nomet
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by nomet » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:43 am

we added the resuply points in tje beta as a request. At that time all tutorial vidios and things like that where alredy made! we will put it in the manual.

Laxen
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Laxen » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:58 am

Yes, as Nomet sad. This feature was implemented very late into the project when we noticed that it wasn't very much fun having squads that had ran out of ammo when there was no way to either resupply them or withdrawing them from combat for some kind of refund.

And as Xerkis said. If you are within the radius with at least one man at the end of a round you regain the ammo. No restrictions other then that what so ever. This features maybe could have been made more interesting, but we didn't want to make anything too extensive that close to release :)

We will think of including this in any future manuals. I think there is a loading screen tip about it... but there are so many of them. We called them "Munition Supply Points", or MSP's.

Edit: And yes. I can really see why you would want some kind of opportunity fire. This have been mentioned a few times in the beta forums, but I should state it here too: We actually had "Ready Fire" in the game once where soldiers could chose an angle to overwatch and fire upon enemies moving into it. We decided to remove it because of several reasons (multiplayer pacing for example where ready fire really made the game stagnant - we still had the multiplayer in focus when this decision was made), but seeing how much players miss it, this is definitely something we will include in future titles of this kind.
Rasmus Davidsson
Lead Designer at ZEAL Game Studio

Return to “Team Assault”