Reinforcements question.

Team Assault is a 3D turn based tactical game where players fight in close combat action at a squad level.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Team Assault Design, Zeal

Ryben
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Reinforcements question.

Post by Ryben »

I´m playing a anhinilation scenario with reinforcements ON and new units are arriving into the battle every 2 or 3 turns. Isn´t too often?

Since every side is getting reincforcements every few turns it´s getting very difficult to end the scenario by killing everyone because they simply stop arriving.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: Reinforcements question.

Post by Xerkis »

Yeah, that does sound a bit never ending.
:shock:

At the very least, Annihilation mode should not give as many in CR in-between rounds – so as to give you reinforcements; but not nearly as often.

Can someone from Zeal please confirm on the exact rule changes on Annihilation mode as far as reinforcements are concerned?
nomet
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by nomet »

You can choose not to use reinforcement if you wish. Also harder enemies get more units.
nomet

Post by nomet »

Xerkis wrote:Yeah, that does sound a bit never ending.

At the very least, Annihilation mode should not give as many in CR in-between rounds – so as to give you reinforcements; but not nearly as often.

Can someone from Zeal please confirm on the exact rule changes on Annihilation mode as far as reinforcements are concerned?
I think this is just an oversight. I will ask Leaf on tuesday
Laxen
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Laxen »

Ye, Annihilation is a bit weird when playing with reinforcements. I would recommend not having reinforcements when playing that for now. We might think of some feature to make it easier to wipe out one's enemy without new units spawning each round, like only making players able to spawn units every 3rd round or so - but this is nothing that's in the game right now what I know :P
Rasmus Davidsson
Lead Designer at ZEAL Game Studio
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

if you just reduce the amount of CR you receive each round - that would take care of it easy enough.
;)
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

From a round when playing annihilation mode out of the Combat Log.
2:10 - CR +250 (200+50 for area control)

This could really make the game go on for . . . . oh. . . . e – v – e – r

In my opinion, you could drop that to maybe 100 + AC (or even lower).

I take full response ability on this. I think I played this type of game mode once – maybe twice – in beta. Or I would have said something back then.
:oops:
Laxen

Post by Laxen »

To be honest, Annihilation with reinforcements available is pretty much a set-up for players that want to be able to keep on playing for ever. If you like games that come to an end (in not too long time), don't play annihilation. Play Area Control. Or possibly Annihilation without reinforcements (which still can go on for a long time if stealth squads are sneaking around etc).

Area Control is our recommended game mode. The others are for fun or experimental. Annihilation without reinforcements are for us that like playing the game in more of a table top miniture game style for example :)

We added several options for you to try out and find what game style you prefer - this does however open up for options that are less fun to play to some players, and all we can do is to advice you guys not to play the game with these settings.
Rasmus Davidsson
Laxen

Post by Laxen »

Or, of course, another option is to remove all game setting combinations except those that we recommend - but that's not fun for anyone :P
Rasmus Davidsson
IronFist00
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by IronFist00 »

Currently my favorite game mode is Blitzkrieg if I have the time. This is only against the AI. I love the challenge of having to capture all the CPs on the map but without having to hunt down every enemy squad. If pressed for time, I play Area Control (usually 50 or 100). Personally, I like reinforcements because even when back on your heals, a person or AI can push back. However I'm not digging annihilation so far, at least not in this game.
Laxen

Post by Laxen »

Yup. I think of Blitzkrieg as a good version of Annihilation - It's all about gaining total map control, but you don't have to do all the final annoying stuff :P

Especially if one want to play with reinforcements. Annihilation has it's charm with playing without reinforcements. It can be extremely dramatic in the end then when both players have only a few soldiers left, fighting to be the last ones alive.
Rasmus Davidsson
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

Laxen wrote:Annihilation has it's charm with playing without reinforcements. It can be extremely dramatic in the end then when both players have only a few soldiers left, fighting to be the last ones alive.
Had a few MP games like that....... And then is when the in game chats and taunts start to really fly – all in fun of course.
:D

Return to “Team Assault”