CC Last Stand Arnhem Elite Difficulty Grand Campaign Playthroughs

The Close Combat series has been a favourite for years. The relaunch brings huge updates to this classic series of games.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Close Combat Moderators

Renemesis
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

CC Last Stand Arnhem Elite Difficulty Grand Campaign Playthroughs

Post by Renemesis »

Hello there!

So; I'm an avid Close Combat fan, and out of all the games in the franchise, Last Stand Arnhem is in my personal opinion one of the better iterations of it. That being said, I am currently doing a playthrough of it for youtube. Now, I've played these games since the 90s, and overall racked up more hours of game-time spread across the various iterations of it than any sane human should. I suppose a good side-effect of this is that I am quite experienced with the games at this point in time!

I'm playing on Elite difficulty, and given the chance, I always try to make things as hard and challenging for myself in each and every battle, barring stifling myself intentionally. Since you can edit your opponent's troop composition, I will always replace redundant units with useful ones, and if he for some reason isn't fielding as much armour as he could, I will make sure he does, so that my challenge increases, and his chances of winning increases with it. I know the AI isn't a he/she, but sometimes it feels better to humanize my computer adversary!

I will start off playing through the grand campaign with the Allies, and afterwards I'll go through it with the Germans. I'll update this post with a link for the German playthrough when it's out there!

At the time of writing this, there are 24 episodes currently out, but more will come rapidly, and by the time you read this, there is a good chance the playthrough is finished!

Links follow below:

Allied Playthrough (73 episodes/battles)

German Playthrough (121 episodes/battles)

Hope you'll enjoy! Don't be afraid of leaving a comment or subscribing - it truly makes my day when people do!

Have a good one!

EDIT: I added the German playhthrough.

Return to “Close Combat Series”