Ideal for next CC after this new release.

The Close Combat series has been a favourite for years. The relaunch brings huge updates to this classic series of games.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Close Combat Moderators

ringoblood
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Ideal for next CC after this new release.

Post by ringoblood »

I been a long time CC fan since the 90's. I have also been a fan of the Pacific warzone to. So I was wondering, has there be discussion of making a CC game in the Pacific warzone. Because to be honest, we cant keep beating up Europe over and over.

Josh
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Ideal for next CC after this new release.

Post by zakblood »

welcome to the forum, most talk and chat is over on the other sister site regarding the game,

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1254

but as of yet, the next in the series is at the same place (Europe) but who knows where the follow on will be, with a new engine, i'd guess it could be anywhere and sooner than this one has taken, as the engine is the harder part, and once in place, hopefully then new ones, version, builds and or DLC's wouldn't be too far off hopefully,...
aaaaburn
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: Ideal for next CC after this new release.

Post by aaaaburn »

Some people made mods for CC5: Okinawa and it was awesome.

Africa would be another good venue for CC. I havent tried this Bloody First because of the 3D and people liked the top down 2D for a reason.

Game manufacturers tried the same 3D nonsense with other games like Age of Empires, Railroad Tycoon, etc and they failed. 3D might work with a game like X-Wing vs Tie Fighter because its space. 3D does not work well on the Earth because of spatial confusion. Distance, elevation, and whats behind you dont play well. Some people are fine with it but not me. Until games get to 5D+, then it might get awesome.

Return to “Close Combat Series”