Is it me ?

Battle Reports & After Action Reports (AAR's)

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

chief
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Is it me ?

Post by chief »

Played thru GT's 1-6 as SGT. got DV's all the way.

Playing Grand Camp 1.01 as Lt.

Against Polish troops, attacking (10) Polish cavalry with a (10) PZ38tA and I lose 4/5/or6 tanks to a loss on 2 cav units. Common give me a break tanks vs cav ?, Poles vs Germans in 1939, either I don't remember my history or something is rotten in Poland. Wha's up ????

Another problem, German infantry attack against a Polish AT gun, losses German 6, Poles 2, as a sgt I got all the guns and suffer a very low loss ????
huertgenwald
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Re: Is it me ?

Post by huertgenwald »

Combat results are (to some part, or largely ?) determined by luck (random number generator)

To "fix" this :

a) reload savegame
b) use the "chess" cheat (i.e. turning off random factors)
chief

Post by chief »

Danke for the reply. Never was one for cheat codes but this time I'll give it a go. :shock: 8)
dragos
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by dragos »

chief wrote:Against Polish troops, attacking (10) Polish cavalry with a (10) PZ38tA and I lose 4/5/or6 tanks to a loss on 2 cav units. Common give me a break tanks vs cav ?, Poles vs Germans in 1939, either I don't remember my history or something is rotten in Poland. Wha's up ????
What's wrong with that? Unless you imagine the Polish cavalry charging the tanks with sabers or something. In reality they fought dismounted like regular infantry and had AT rifles that could be lethal to early German tanks.
adrianoku
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by adrianoku »

Don't look only to your "disadventures", sometimes it also happens that a fight ends at you advantage against every prediction ...
chief

Post by chief »

'preciate replies, still think its an abrupt change between Sgt & Lt., but thats my opinion. Again thanks guys.
ivanov
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by ivanov »

dragos wrote:
chief wrote:Against Polish troops, attacking (10) Polish cavalry with a (10) PZ38tA and I lose 4/5/or6 tanks to a loss on 2 cav units. Common give me a break tanks vs cav ?, Poles vs Germans in 1939, either I don't remember my history or something is rotten in Poland. Wha's up ????
What's wrong with that? Unless you imagine the Polish cavalry charging the tanks with sabers or something. In reality they fought dismounted like regular infantry and had AT rifles that could be lethal to early German tanks.
Polish cavalry was an elite formation and was equipped with very effective AT weapons. The myth of cavalry charging the tanks was a spawn of the Nazi propaganda. Instead the cavalry birgades when emplyed correctly were even able to stop the whole panzer division:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Mokra
Mickey Mouse

\m/ \m/
chief

Post by chief »

Danke ! Learnt not to believe the Wurst propaganda, again I have seen the errors of my ways.
ivanov

Post by ivanov »

chief wrote:Danke ! Learnt not to believe the Wurst propaganda, again I have seen the errors of my ways.
Great stuff :mrgreen:
Mickey Mouse

\m/ \m/
EarlyDoors
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by EarlyDoors »

1. TERRAIN - Are the cavalry in Forest/Hills/City? - Keep your tanks in Clear Terrain

2. Are the Cavalry entrenched? If you strafe/divebomb/hit em with artillery first so that they lose their entrenchment, or even better, suppress them then they will wilt
chief

Post by chief »

Early doors: Tanks for reply, no longer having probs, (I infected cav with hoof and mouth), now that they are dismounted they are fresh meat for my tanks. ;)
FOARP
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by FOARP »

Yeah, even without AT rifles, cavalry fighting dismounted in rough terrain could be lethal to 1930's tanks - they would just wait until the tanks got close enough and blast them with grenades or Molotov cocktails. Read your histories of the Spanish Civil War and the Winter Wars and you'll see lots of instances of infantry stopping tanks cold when fighting in rough or built-up terrain. The real situation here is that Sgt. is too easy - no self-respecting player plays on anything less than Colonel level.
cranston
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by cranston »

It's not on rough terrain. It's on clear terrain.
And it's not limited to cavalry, but also normal infantry.
They all have hard attack of 1, so they all have the same odds of inflicting casualties. (Although cav have better initiative.)
In essence, against anything below Panzer III, the Polish infantry are causing equal damage.
For every point of infantry I kill, they're killing 1 point of tanks.
Anfield
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Anfield »

You have to remember the PzI and II are really thin steal armor things with nothing more than machine guns on them, they arent true tanks if you get what I mean. So infantry would have some effect on them. Its one reason the Germans quickly moved to better armor and gun tanks.

Return to “Panzer Corps : AAR's”