BATTLEFIELD EUROPE v1.94:MP - Strategy Guide [ALLIES] [Turn 86] - Allies Victory!

Battle Reports & After Action Reports (AAR's)

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Re: BATTLEFIELD EUROPE v1.94:MP - Strategy Guide [ALLIES] [Turn 86] - Allies Victory!

Post by Intenso82 »

McGuba wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:15 pm KG 76 was automatically upgraded to the Arado Ar 234.
I like Arado.
McGuba wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:39 pm As of particular importance was the sinking of three Allied aircraft carriers, which significantly hindered Allied operations in the seven seas. In the other match, the Allies managed to save all carriers.
But they were out of fuel :) So it's about the same :)
[MOD] RUSSIA AT WAR:1941 - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=75743
Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Re: BATTLEFIELD EUROPE v1.94:MP - Strategy Guide [ALLIES] [Turn 86] - Allies Victory!

Post by Intenso82 »

Conclusions

I liked the game for the Allies, I think it was more interesting than for the Axis :)
Although the game for the Axis was probably more dramatic.

Despite the unexpected landing of the Axis in Syria and the loss of oil in the Middle East.
Near Moscow, the Red Army achieved great success. It was a turning point in the game.
And she carried out a very successful offensive in the south, which later passed into the Axis general retreat from Russia.
Although the Allies did not succeed in sinking Tirpitz in Norway, it was quite a fun activity.

It is interesting that if McGuba decided to act more historically after Moscow and in 1942 redirected his offensive in the Caucasus.
I think he would have had more success there. And it is not known what the end would be!
It would be difficult for the Soviets to send reinforcements there. There was not even a railways :))
It is also not clear that it would be if the Axis was not distracted by Syria and oil. She would have more units near Moscow ...

The Soviets acted more historically and seized Eastern Europe, Germany close to the demarcation line and seized Italy.
What compensated for the absence of the landing of the Western Allies in Italy.

But, at the end of the game, the Americans were pleased, who did not abandon attempts to seize Tunis and still did it at the last turn.
[MOD] RUSSIA AT WAR:1941 - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=75743
Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 »

McGuba wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:11 pm Epilogue

Somewhere in a hidden laboratory in Alexandria, Professor Carl A. Rotweg is leaning over a strange apparatus. The electric currents running all over the small room create continuous shockwaves and sparkles. A representative of the German High Command finds it difficult to hide his excitement as he watches the mad scientist who is about to pull the trigger which would finally start the experiment.
'Are sure it will work, Herr Professor?' the high ranking officer asked calmly.
'Nothing is sure in life, except death, Herr Generalfeldmarshall' said Rotweg jokingly. 'But this Time Machine, if works, will teleport us right back to June 1941 allowing you to try another approach and maybe this time we will be able to defend the Fatherland from the stalking barbaric hordes of the Allies, hahaha!'
'Well, if it works, I can assure you that we will not make the same mistakes again, and anyway, we have nothing else to lose now, so I say: let's do it!'
Yes it is fun. Great finish 8)
I think that the multiplayer version of the mod has a huge replay potential.
No less than a single version.
Although this AAR was long and detailed. I think that after it there will be only more questions than answers :)
And this is good.

I think this is one of the most exciting games I've played.
Before that it was a single version of the BE mod :D
So thanks to McGuba for this wonderful Mod!
And I hope that he uses in mod a number of my ideas and suggestions in the future.

But do not forget that such mods and games expand when they are played by different players and share their feedback and ideas.
So I will be glad when it appears in public access.

Also, THANKS to ALL who have been with us all this time and read and commented this AAR!
Especially those who read both AARs Axis.

;-)
Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 »

Strategy Map - ALLIES(Animation)
Duedman
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Duedman »

I read both of your AARs and they are great entertainment! You owe me several hours of my life :P

Having experienced the russian reinforcements myself, I was sorry for McGuba when I saw your defense of moscow. With that much arty its a surrender party.
And Axis cannot afford losing too many units.
Maybe a coordinated retreat 2-3 turns earlier wouldve been the better option. Saving the Panzers for upgrades to fight another day.

What I saw as crucially important especially in MP is the knowledge of Scenario Triggers.
McGuba gave all he had in that department. The army in Suez (that never came) is a really mean surprise when youre not prepared lol :D
And blocking gibraltar with a single sub, blocking the mine spawn in front of dover. Assuring cover for tirpitz. Knowing that SU cant enter Middle East.
Still....vs a human who knows what hes doing its probably impossible to win as Axis.

As for triggers it would be interesting if enemy aircraft ADD up or if they get replaced only.
If they get replaced so that a certain number is maintained, it might be worthwile not to completely kill bomber units but to let them escape.
So they need to get repaired expensively or with loss of XP.
Can some1 tell me that? :)

Anyways as I said.... Great mod, Great AAR!
Giant Europe Mod 2.0 - Sea Lion 44 with no fuel:

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=95886

Youtube English & German
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeFP6sUZtRykYNbcVTVMxcg/featured
Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 »

Duedman wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:54 pm I read both of your AARs and they are great entertainment! You owe me several hours of my life :P
Thank you for your words :D
Duedman wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:54 pm What I saw as crucially important especially in MP is the knowledge of Scenario Triggers.
Yes, I think so too. Therefore, there is this AARs. This is much faster than a full multiplayer game.
Also, those who play multiplayer have usually tried to play a single player campaign.
Duedman wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:54 pm As for triggers it would be interesting if enemy aircraft ADD up or if they get replaced only.
If they get replaced so that a certain number is maintained, it might be worthwile not to completely kill bomber units but to let them escape.
So they need to get repaired expensively or with loss of XP.
Can some1 tell me that? :)
Axis aircraft, especially bombers, may receive a certain number of replacements if their number is below a certain threshold.
The Allied Aviation, as far as I know, simply receives a certain number of units. Excluding the maximum quantity. Therefore, it is better to destroy them. Although it may not be so. :)
But I think that restrictions on the maximum number of units of a certain class should be, for some historical balance.
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: BATTLEFIELD EUROPE v1.94:MP - Strategy Guide [ALLIES] [Turn 13] - Moscow HOLD?

Post by PeteMitchell »

@Hassanka: would you still like to play?

Maybe also someone else is interested to play? :mrgreen:
PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:26 pm
Hassanka wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:17 am Hello, i would like to try this scenario. Iam a above average player. Played this scenario more then once agaist AI.
If anyone wanna play, contact me via pritave message, and we can discus settings.
If we can agree on something, i will give my skype so we can communicate quicker.
Great, I might be available as well if time allows but I think McGuba and Intenso82 are still testing the latest MP version (which is a good thing to do given the length and complexity of this scenario) and a new BE version hasn’t been released yet…
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481

Return to “Panzer Corps : AAR's”