BATTLEFIELD EUROPE v1.94:MP - Strategy Guide [ALLIES] [Turn 86] - Allies Victory!

Battle Reports & After Action Reports (AAR's)

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Re: BATTLEFIELD EUROPE v1.94:MP - Strategy Guide [ALLIES] [Turn 40] - 1942

Post by Intenso82 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:03 pm

Turn 40. Results of the 1942 campaign
January 28, 1943
Weather: Snow and Frozen

Strategic map
Partisans continue to operate in the Balkans.
_McGuba_t_40_Strat.jpg
_McGuba_t_40_Strat.jpg (489.14 KiB) Viewed 681 times

Atlantica
We continue operations with hunting for German submarines.
_McGuba_t_40_Atlantica.jpg
_McGuba_t_40_Atlantica.jpg (202.33 KiB) Viewed 681 times

Torch
_McGuba_t_40_Torch.jpg
_McGuba_t_40_Torch.jpg (221.96 KiB) Viewed 681 times
[MOD] RUSSIA AT WAR:1941 - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=75743

Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:18 pm

Centre
In the north, the enemy offensive is stopped.
Moscow is in our hands again. :)

It looks like we're trying to launch a small counter-attack in the north.
But this is all to destroy one unit.
_McGuba_t_40_Moscow_Nord.jpg
_McGuba_t_40_Moscow_Nord.jpg (499.43 KiB) Viewed 678 times
Our advance in the south continues.
_McGuba_t_40_Moscow_Ug.jpg
_McGuba_t_40_Moscow_Ug.jpg (499.44 KiB) Viewed 678 times

This is a multiplayer game and, unlike the game against AI, your opponent is smart enough to retreat a damaged unit to the rear and restore it.
Therefore, it is very important to destroy the enemy unit in one turn. Over the last few turns, the Soviets have been able to burn more enemy tanks in the Moscow area than during the entire game. 8)

Centre - Air
You can count the number of our aircraft.
As you can see, only 6 fighters are certainly not enough to destroy 1 enemy fighter in 1 turn.
Only a bomber. But it is also a dangerous game.
_McGuba_t_40_Center_Air.jpg
_McGuba_t_40_Center_Air.jpg (315.6 KiB) Viewed 678 times
[MOD] RUSSIA AT WAR:1941 - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=75743

Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:26 pm

South
Fighting in the south.
_McGuba_t_40_UG.jpg
_McGuba_t_40_UG.jpg (376.44 KiB) Viewed 674 times

StuccoFresco
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by StuccoFresco » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:35 pm

LEt's hope you can turn the tide, then.

Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:22 pm

Extended Loss analysis
Ok, time statistics :shock:
_McGuba_t_40_Stat.jpg
_McGuba_t_40_Stat.jpg (63.01 KiB) Viewed 663 times

Loss Ratio:
_McGuba_t_40_Stat_Loss.jpg
_McGuba_t_40_Stat_Loss.jpg (58.5 KiB) Viewed 663 times

For comparison:
Previous Loss analysis data (t=35)
Previous Extended Loss analysis data (t=25)

Loss statistics are compared with this pair game.
---

The general trend of the loss ratio has become smoother.

In this game, the Allies significantly reduced the loss ratio in the tanks.
Mainly due to the battles near Moscow in the last few turns. Soviet commanders improved their tactical level.
And also a bit due to the loss of the Axis of obsolete tanks in North Africa.

The loss ratio in infantry and fighters has slightly improved.

In the Navy also the ratio has changed in our direction.
This was mainly due to the operation off the coast of Norway.
And also because of the destruction, the German submarines in the Atlantic and because of the operation Torch began.

Compare the losses per Axis in this game and this one.

Losses are comparable, with the exception of my still big losses in tanks, almost twice as much as McGuba.
McGuba also has bomber losses twice as much as I do.

Compare the losses per Allies in this game and this one.

I have a little less loss in the infantry.
But losses in the fleet are almost twice as large as those of McGuba.
As well as for the Axis, here I lose less bombers than McGuba.

It is interesting that in the game for the Allies due to the weakness of the Soviet fighters aircraft, I concentrate on the hunt for Axis bomber and this is reflected in these statistics.
It is also obvious that due to my big losses for the Axis, I have more free slots.

Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:32 pm

Strategic Analysis - Results of 1942

West
We successfully counteract the German submarines in the Atlantic.
Also, although we were not able to neutralize Tirpitz in Norway, in pursuit of this goal, we sank a number of Kriegsmarine ships.
In general, this theater remains a low intensity of combat actions.

The Mediterranean
As a result of the loss of the fleet and our defeat at Tobruk,
the Axis was able to conduct a cascade of brilliant operations in Egypt and Syria.
It is obvious that they will not stop at this and will go for oil in the Middle East.
It is interesting to take on this operation forces from the Eastern Front and from Moscow, they are making the right decision?
Despite all this, the Command has high hopes for the help of the American Allies in connection with the start of Operation 'Torch' in North Africa.
If we can capture Tunis. This is followed by cascading landings in Sicily, Italy and southern France.
And the remaining troops of the Americans will be able to return Tobruk and Cairo .... and Syria?)

East
The enemy was able to take Leningrad.
Under Moscow, the situation remains difficult, but at the last turn it seemed possible to stop the Axis offensive.
Since the enemy has already taken the city, its constant control loses its meaning.
Our beginning offensive in the south of Moscow obviously prevented the enemy from continuing his offensive or holding Moscow.
In the south, the enemy does not plan to continue the attack on Stalingrad or the Caucasus.
Obviously he has a lack of resources for action on different fronts and he focused on Moscow.

In general, we believe that besides the victory in the Mediterranean, the Axis could not achieve its strategic goals.
Next year are expected to increase air operations by the Allies against Germany in the West.
As well as actions in Northern Africa.
Although the Axis is very strong and has technical superiority (new Axis tanks are expected), they will still have to face lack of resources.

--
Table of contents
Last edited by Intenso82 on Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:38 pm

StuccoFresco wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:35 pm
LEt's hope you can turn the tide, then.
Let's see what happens in 1943 :)
For me, the game for the Allies is more interesting, although the views are more in AAR for the Axis. :)

PeteMitchell_2
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by PeteMitchell_2 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:17 pm

Intenso82 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:38 pm
For me, the game for the Allies is more interesting, although the views are more in AAR for the Axis. :)
I tend to agree after having played the Axis a few times already... I might still redo my Allied/Soviet Corps test with some adjusted settings... :mrgreen:
You had also started the Axis AAR a few days earlier as well.

Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:27 pm

PeteMitchell_2 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:17 pm
Intenso82 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:38 pm
I tend to agree after having played the Axis a few times already... I might still redo my Allied/Soviet Corps test with some adjusted settings... :mrgreen:
You had also started the Axis AAR a few days earlier as well.
I think it is more challenging.
Because in the beginning you have few resources and opportunities.

Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:36 pm

Ahh, yeah.
I also wanted to write about the fact that the best unit in 1942, in my opinion, was the Soviet T-60 tank.
Oddly enough, but this is not the T-34 :)
Despite the fact that he is very weak. I often used it to finish enemy units. And also for re-capturing hexes and moving to a safe place.

And the best bomber was the Night U-2 for its effectiveness. Against artillery, tanks and transport.
And in my game for the Axis, such night bombers also caused me many problems.

As for aviation, Soviet aviation groups were specifically directed to the North (Arkhangelsk) and to the South.
Where they were not threatened by the Axis fighters.
So that there these units could gain experience and survive for further battles.

I will also say that further in 1943 the battles will be even hotter.
Maybe next week I will continue.

Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:57 pm

poster_40_3.png
poster_40_3.png (404.73 KiB) Viewed 578 times
:D

McGuba
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by McGuba » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:39 pm

Excellent AAR indeed!

As I wrote in the beginning, unfortunately I did not make too many screenshots, which now I regret a bit. I mainly only took screenshots of the casualties screen (and not even in every turn) so that I can compare the losses in the two opposing matches. However, every now and then I did take one of the strategic map screen or the tactical map if there was something interesting happening. So here I have one from the end of turn 38:

38aEndTurnAxis.jpg
38aEndTurnAxis.jpg (410.34 KiB) Viewed 564 times

As it can be seen my frontline in the east is quite thin and at Moscow, where I the main focus was at the time, it looks like the Soviets have more units visible and then of course they have several more behind them which are covered by the fog of war. So I have nowhere near the 3:1 force ratio that is recommended for a successful attack. Nevertheless, I still felt a fifty-fifty chance to acheive a strategic breakthrough at Moscow i.e. to destroy the first line of the defense made up of tanks, AT and infantry and reach the soft skinned artillery behind. After that, everything would be easier. Basically during all of 1942 I felt that I only need one more turn to do so, but unfortunately at the beginning of a new turn I always discovered fresh Soviet units replacing their fallen comrades in the front. Truly, in almost every turn I destroyed 2-3 tank and/or infantry units with little to no losses and I just waited for the enemy to finally run out of reinforcements in this dreadful war of attrition. But then by the second half of the year I realized that it would not work like that, especially as my recon planes scouted more and more enemy artillery units arriving in the back. So I decided to take more risks and changed to a more aggressive approach. Thereby moving ahead more aggressively and leaving tank units in the front with little to no support hoping that they would survive the opponent's turn. Which of course resulted in the fact that my losses had also started to mount. So I started to lose one or more tank and other units in most turns as well due to enemy counter attacks. Which is of course not sustainable when playing with the Axis. Neverhteless, as I was just about to finish capturing Leningrad in the north, I had some extra units nearby that I was ready to send into the cauldron at the Soviet capital to make a final gamble. And then of course, I also received a formidable new tank unit that I had decided to send there as well. If there is anything that can finally break through it must be the Panzerkampfwagen VI. The Tigers were ready to break free.

Meanwhile, in the Near East things were much more favourable. What started as a limted diversionary landing in the Levant to ease the pressure on the Afrika Korps at Tobruk, in the end had turned out to be a major strategic victory. The coordinated landings at Syria and Alexandria seemingly confused the British as several of their units spent most of 1942 moving up and down between the two theatres instead of fighting. This allowed the elite Gebirgsjager and Fallschirmjager units to take out all the British outposts one by one, even though they had to do so with very little if any artillery and air support. To keep maximum surprise before the landings I did not invade Crete and thus the area was well beyond the range of the Luftwaffe fighters. Also, they had no real panzers, only a weak armoured recon for support. Luckily though, the British Mediterranean Air Command was also not very capable and spent valuable time vectoring its air units all over the Med, but usually arriving too late to have any effect. In the light of these unexpected successes, I decided to carry on towards the oil fields of the Middle East. But again, only a realtively small army was dispatched as I was aware that most of the British forces were destroyed and I needed the rest in Tunisia and Europe.

With Gibraltar sealed (for the moment) and Suez effectively taken, I enjoyed complete control of the Mediterranean Sea (again, for the moment...) which I used to transport units to Tunisia at a leisurely pace. But the British managed to break through at Gibraltar earlier than expected and I had to speed up the transfer of units. In the end it became a bit chaotic. And yet I still had most of the Italain Navy at hand and already a few ground units in position in Tunisia so I had good hopes for holding it. And of course with the capture of Egypt I did not have to worry about my back.

With the situation in the South more or less stabilized for the time being, the obvious choice was to have one more go on Moscow, where the outcome of this war would be ultimately decided. From now it was all or nothing.
Last edited by McGuba on Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=36969

McGuba

Post by McGuba » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:02 am

As a matter of fact, in turn 39 I did make two tactical screenshots as well at Moscow, but only because I was expecting a possible snow in the following turn and so in that case I would remember the general strength of opposition covered by the snowfall:
39aEndTurnAxis.jpg
39aEndTurnAxis.jpg (496.41 KiB) Viewed 559 times

39bEndTurnAxis.jpg
39bEndTurnAxis.jpg (506.69 KiB) Viewed 559 times
ImageImage

Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:48 am

McGuba wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:39 pm
As it can be seen my frontline in the east is quite thin and at Moscow, where I the main focus was at the time, it looks like the Soviets have more units visible and then of course they have several more behind them which are covered by the fog of war. So I have nowhere near the 3:1 force ratio that is recommended for a successful attack.
Looking at my screenshots, the ratio was almost 1 to 1.
But the Axis had more powerful units, tanks with heroes and stars of experience.
And for the Soviets, the number of artillery approached the Axis numbers.
McGuba wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:39 pm
But the British managed to break through at Gibraltar earlier than expected and I had to speed up the transfer of units. In the end it became a bit chaotic.
It is interesting that you thought that the barrier in Gibraltar would last longer.
Because I had bad odds of a random three or more turns(mostly 0 damage or evasion). And I thought that I would destroy the submarine a few turns earlier.

It is also interesting that looking at your screenshots, it seems at that time you had more prestige in the game for the Axis than me.
Although perhaps you did not spend prestige on the purchase of new units to compensate for the losses.

Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Re: BATTLEFIELD EUROPE v1.94:MP - Strategy Guide [ALLIES] [Turn 41] - 1943

Post by Intenso82 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:59 am

Turn 41
February 12, 1943
Weather: Clear and Frozen

We continue.

Strategic map
_McGuba_t_41_Strat.jpg
_McGuba_t_41_Strat.jpg (497.16 KiB) Viewed 523 times

Norway
Trondheim is heavily fortified.
The Germans moved the fighters here for cover.
It seems they are very concerned about the defense of Tirpitz and the possible landing of the Allies in Norway.
Our cruiser encounter with a German submarine.
_McGuba_t_41_Atlantica2.jpg
_McGuba_t_41_Atlantica2.jpg (322.13 KiB) Viewed 523 times

Torch
_McGuba_t_41_Torch.jpg
_McGuba_t_41_Torch.jpg (240.73 KiB) Viewed 523 times

Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:36 am

Iraq
Good news,
Despite the fact that our bomber was intercepted by Luftwaffe fighters, he was able to escape.
_McGuba_t_41_Iraq.jpg
_McGuba_t_41_Iraq.jpg (227.65 KiB) Viewed 518 times

Russia

North
In the north, noticed a new activity of the enemy.
Obviously after the capture of Leningrad, he decided to continue the advance to Arkhangelsk.
STAVKA decided to transfer reserves to Arkhangelsk.
_McGuba_t_41_Nord.jpg
_McGuba_t_41_Nord.jpg (376.42 KiB) Viewed 518 times

Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:50 am

Centre
In the area of ​​Moscow there was a small pause.
Tank attack of the enemy repulsed.
The Axis does not try to enter to Moscow.
_McGuba_t_41_Moscow_Nord.jpg
_McGuba_t_41_Moscow_Nord.jpg (548.89 KiB) Viewed 515 times
Our offensive in the Kaluga area has been canceled.
Obviously, we do not have enough artillery to support in the Tula area.
But in the area of ​​the Orel attack continues.
_McGuba_t_41_Moscow_Ug.jpg
_McGuba_t_41_Moscow_Ug.jpg (550.21 KiB) Viewed 515 times

Centre - Air
We continue to make air strikes against the enemy.
_McGuba_t_41_Center_Air.jpg
_McGuba_t_41_Center_Air.jpg (417.65 KiB) Viewed 515 times
Last edited by Intenso82 on Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:58 am

Partisans
Partisan activity.
They are trying to block the route for transporting reinforcements to Kaluga and Bryansk.
_McGuba_t_41_Partizan.jpg
_McGuba_t_41_Partizan.jpg (231.61 KiB) Viewed 513 times

South
We intensify air raids on enemy forces.
_McGuba_t_41_UG.jpg
_McGuba_t_41_UG.jpg (400.79 KiB) Viewed 513 times

Black Sea
_McGuba_t_41_Novoros.jpg
_McGuba_t_41_Novoros.jpg (200.44 KiB) Viewed 513 times

--
Table of contents

McGuba

Post by McGuba » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:49 pm

Intenso82 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:48 am
Looking at my screenshots, the ratio was almost 1 to 1.
But the Axis had more powerful units, tanks with heroes and stars of experience.
Indeed, and that's why I decided to press on at this point. But on the other hand, while the Soviets continuously got new units to replace their losses, the Germans did not. And thus a prolonged war of attrition can have only one outcome.

Intenso82 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:48 am
It is interesting that you thought that the barrier in Gibraltar would last longer.
Because I had bad odds of a random three or more turns(mostly 0 damage or evasion). And I thought that I would destroy the submarine a few turns earlier.
Actually I found a bug here: I did not expect the British destroyer to spawn in the Mediterranean as long as there is at least one Axis naval unit blocking the Gibraltar Strait. The idea is that as long as the Axis blocks the Strait the British cannot "get through" and thus no more British naval units spawn in the Mediterranean Sea until they take back control of its entrance. And yes indeed: that's why the first wave of the ground units in the landing ships did not spawn until my U-boat was destroyed in the Strait, but unfortunately I forgot to add the same trigger to the destroyer which spawns next to them and that one was erronesously set to spawn whether or not the Axis blocks the Strait. However, I did not expect this one to spawn as well and it allowed you to attack my U-boat at Gibraltar from two sides. Other than that if I remember well I had another Italian sub heading to Gibraltar and had it not for that other British destroyer spawing in the Med it might have arrived there on time to take the place of the German sub after that one is destroyed. Then I would had had a few more turns undisturbed in "Mare Nostrum". So basically that's what caused a little chaos with the delivery of troops to Tunisia. :D However, this is the beauty of this mod: even if things do not go as planned you have to carry on and just revise your plans.

It is also interesting that looking at your screenshots, it seems at that time you had more prestige in the game for the Axis than me.
Although perhaps you did not spend prestige on the purchase of new units to compensate for the losses.
I do not remember why, but I think it is because I had just captured Leningrad in that or in the previous turn and was given the reward and did not spend it immediately. By the way here is my prestige for the Axis side from the limited number of casualties screenshots that I made up to this point:

TurnNo/prestige:
18/140
23/346
25/1225 I guess this sudden increase is because this is when I captured Moscow for half a turn (or maybe it was Malta?)
34/469
38/431
39/1116 (possibly reward for Leningrad)
40/667

As you can see I always had very limited prestige with the exception when I got some prestige reward for a capture. And later it was even worse.
ImageImage

Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:18 am

McGuba wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:49 pm
Other than that if I remember well I had another Italian sub heading to Gibraltar and had it not for that other British destroyer spawing in the Med it might have arrived there on time to take the place of the German sub after that one is destroyed.
Yes, the British destroyer damaged her on the surface mode.
Then he had to choose to pursue and destroy the Italian submarine or heading to Gibraltar. Gibraltar was chosen as the more important task.
McGuba wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:49 pm
I do not remember why, but I think it is because I had just captured Leningrad in that or in the previous turn and was given the reward and did not spend it immediately. By the way here is my prestige for the Axis side from the limited number of casualties screenshots that I made up to this point:
This is interesting, in the future its good to see what prestige was in your game for the Axis, even if it is not for all the turns, but for some of them.

Return to “Panzer Corps : AAR's”